GTP's Top 10 albums of 2004 Pt. 1 NominationsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silverzone
  • 46 comments
  • 1,635 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
4,312
Okay, Time for a fun thing to do. I need nominations for the best album of 2004. I will take the top 10 mentioned and will make a poll. Pretty self-explanatory. Deadlines for nominations is: Friday, December 24. Christmas Eve. I will start by nominating Green Day's American Idiot. I have had this album for a while and listen to at least one song off it every day. use it wisely. once an album reaches 2 noms, it will be listed! okay now everone can have 2 nominations. one would be pretty hard for most people. No voting for 1 album twice.

Noms:


In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape 5 noms
Green Day - American Idiot 4 noms
Keane - Hopes And Fears 4 noms
Lamb Of God - Ashes In the Wake 3 noms
Van Halen - Best Of Both Worlds 2 noms
Slipknot - Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses 2 noms
Prodigy - Always out numbered, never out gunned 2 noms
Ramstein - Reise Reise 2 noms
Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget (The Best OF) 2 noms
 
Devolved - Calculated.
 
Green Day-American Idiot. This wasn't a real good year for music.
 
Rush - Feedback

Amazing album. It's a very cheap album, going for under $10 Canadian (Even less in the US I'd guess), and although it's only about a half hour in length, it contains nothing but amazing cover songs, such as The Seeker, Crossroads, and Summertime Blues. The band has rock solid musicianship as usual, and the covers have a very unique sound to them, while still not deviating from the original song. I highly recommend this amazing album to any rock music fan, and I think it would serve as an excellent introduction to Rush for anyone who has not yet had the pleasure of listening to them. It's out right now, it's dirt cheap, so go get it!
 
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape

Or, if "Best ofs" count:

Van Halen - The Best of Both Worlds
 
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape 👍
 
Mad Caddies -
"Live From Toronto: Songs In The Key Of Eh"
 
Straylight Run - self-titled.

Far above any other album I picked up this year. Incredibly polished, and each song is just done right. Shocked that John Nolan (the ex-screamer of Taking Back Sunday) could pull of such a layered, atmospheric work. As much as I enjoy Taking Back Sunday, their sound will age in five years. I don't see this one doing that. It's emo Jim, but not as we know it.
 
Make sure that you keep a list of the nominations somewhere, preferably in the first thread, and next to it put how many nominations there are, just so we can all keep track. Also, you should not have a limit of 1 nomination, as it wouldn't get out of hand being only albums from 2004.

Either way, not a bad idea for a Thread.
 
How about we each do 5 albums instead? It would give a bit more variety and a longer list of results to look through. I have to think about it for awhile if it's just going to be one album,so I'll be back to vote later...
 
Beatie Boys - License to Ill
 
mcchris - Eating's Not Cheating

with this album, he started a new plateau in his career. sure he isnt mainstream, but it doesnt matter. this album was also a big thing for dj john too.

whatever. lol.
 
I updated to two nominations. My second would be Slipknot - Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses. and Shannon, Best ofs do count.
 
Shannon
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape

Was that this year? My, the time has flown but the music has almost stood still...

That, Vol 3: (The Subliminal Verses) or The Eagles Best Of, which they're hocking on Aussie TV as this goes to print.

Oh, and Fear Factory put out a good album this year.
 
Scissor sisters- Scissor sisters
Keane - Hopes and fears
 
I'll second Keane - Hopes and Fears.
 
Now that we're allowed two nominations each, I'll count both of my votes towards Rush's Feedback album. I really do like it that much!
 
Stinky Chicken
Oh, and Fear Factory put out a good album this year.
What, you mean Archetype? Pretty average for Fear Factory.

My 2 Nominations:
  • Devolved - Calculated.
  • Lamb of God - Ashes in the Wake.

Also, Ev0 shouldn't be allowed to vote for 1 album twice. Nor should anyone. That's just plain wrong. Vote for another, Ev0.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
What, you mean Archetype? Pretty average for Fear Factory.

My 2 Nominations:
  • Devolved - Calculated.
  • Lamb of God - Ashes in the Wake.

Also, Ev0 shouldn't be allowed to vote for 1 album twice. Nor should anyone. That's just plain wrong. Vote for another, Ev0.
I havn't heard Lamb Of God's new album, but Laid To Rest was awesome. may have to pick that one up.
 
Well, if I can't vote for Feedback twice, I'll have to throw my second vote behind Van Halen's Best Of Both Worlds compilation.
 
Seeing as there are two votes, I will second Jimmy's vote of Lamb Of God - Ashes In the Wake.
 
Hm, so there's a second nomination now? Alright...

My second nomination will be posted before the deadline, but right now, it's between two. Head Automatica came out of nowhere with a new sound all of its own, and it's been getting a lot of playtime from me lately. On the other hand, while Bleed American was a bit... flat, Futures from Jimmy Eat World is back to their Clarity-levels of greatness. One good listen, from beginning to end. Plus they put on an excellent live show.
 
Alright my two are:

Sonic Youth - Sonic Nurse
Air - Talkie Walkie
 
Prodigy - Always out numbered, never out gunned
 
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape
SOiL - Redefine
 
Angra - Temple of Shadows

Dream Theater - Live at Budokan (this one is from 2004, right?)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back