GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
  • 233,978 views
Have a Camaro SS RM and a ZR1 RM, should be broken in, will need figures. In terms of Engine mods, not sure about the ZR1, but I don't remember putting an engine on the Camaro. I'll take a look.
 
Thanks Biff, no need to put any mods to it - leave it stock if you can :) breaking in these cars are i pain since im only level 14 B-Spec. I've only done the FF cars which are all too slow for this.

I'm thinking about moving the V8 series to Saturday since there isn't much buzz to it at the moment (to accomodate the Aussies too - rightfully so with the name sake and all - but it's still not final) then moving the Touring series on Monday. These RM cars are for that Touring series (WGTS).
 
Turns out I'd already installed engine mods on the Camaro, the Corvette I'm not sure whether got a Stage 1 engine mod when RM'ing it, it's fully broken in though. If the Corvette is no good either, sorry to disappoint there :(
 
It's all good Biff, thanks anyway 👍


Division 2 Results and Fast Laps:


1. SupraPhantom.............1'57.851
2. Lynchy098..................1'57.288
3. OwensRacing...............1'59.111
4. Wardez.......................1'58.169
5. luckylefty2gunz............1'58.693
6. toyotsupra...................1'59.865

7. paulmack2k9............... 2'06.694
8. GTP_Masicampo ...........2'05.518
9. GTP_Pinoy2..................2'07.525
10. Scanny_Flick...............2'07.058


GT500
GT300
 
Last edited:
to answer you denilson i never finished under 3mins as in the last 3 laps (the game never told me to put fuel in) i needed to save fuel dramatically so was dropping 5-10seconds a lap was doing 2:10-15 on the last 3 laps so i lost 30 odd seconds on the last few laps.... also i was on the final straight when it timed me out so i still wasnt far off but yeah i had my dramas to damned tv tryed to turn off on me also put a warning in my face so i couldnt see the track much for lap36-37 so had to pause somewhere and grab the controller on the other side of the room and press cancel then jump back in the wheel and continue :lol: not much else to report ;)
 
That Ferrari F1 wheel looks phenomenal (damn near identical!)..... here's one from fanatec with quick release:

 
Masi_23
That looks great... but for quick release, lookie here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgnxlWXs_CY">YouTube Link</a>

I Defos want that
 
to answer you denilson i never finished under 3mins as in the last 3 laps (the game never told me to put fuel in) i needed to save fuel dramatically so was dropping 5-10seconds a lap was doing 2:10-15 on the last 3 laps so i lost 30 odd seconds on the last few laps.... also i was on the final straight when it timed me out so i still wasnt far off but yeah i had my dramas to damned tv tryed to turn off on me also put a warning in my face so i couldnt see the track much for lap36-37 so had to pause somewhere and grab the controller on the other side of the room and press cancel then jump back in the wheel and continue :lol: not much else to report ;)

Ok. But the GT300 winner in D1 finished 1:27 after the winning GT500.. And GT500's waited for 45 seconds before doing their formationlap in both races..
That's why I was asking. No harm done. Just that any penalties will be hard to hand out if the margin is small between drivers, and we have to estimate the gaps between drivers. It's doable, but just work that could've been avoided. Don't worry though.. We'll sort it out. Still no reported incident in your class anyway, so it does'nt matter. But if we had reported incidents, it could be an issue..

Dennis some info you may need:

mole dc 33-31
josh quited lap 5-3

Laps are show: Laps as the counter on left top of screen - Actual race lap removing the 2 formation laps.

Owen. Have you seen this. :D
http://www.virtualr.net/ferrari-f1-wheel-rim-for-thrustmaster-t500-rs-unveiled/

Mole DC'd at lap 33.
Josh_F_1998 DC'd at lap 5.

We always count the number of laps according to the screen. Thanks Kamy! 👍
 
Last edited:
That Ferrari F1 wheel looks phenomenal (damn near identical!)..... here's one from fanatec with quick release:



It's decided.. I'll buy that one as soon as I can!

AWESOME wheel!! 👍 👍 👍
 
Yeah, raged quit. Sorry about that guys.

No practice, fresh car that needed broken into.

Ill get more practice in before the next session!
 
It's decided.. I'll buy that one as soon as I can!

AWESOME wheel!! 👍 👍 👍

It's on my christmas list also :D

Wheel base - $399
F1 Wheel - $150
GT Wheel - $150
Clubsport Pedals - $???
Driving GT5 with beer and chips with afformentioned paraphernalia (or however it spells) while your girlfriend is not home = Priceless!!!
 
It's on my christmas list also :D

Wheel base - $399
F1 Wheel - $150
GT Wheel - $150
Clubsport Pedals - $???
Driving GT5 with beer and chips with afformentioned paraphernalia (or however it spells) while your girlfriend is not home = Priceless!!!

Yea, it's quite expensive.. And when I buy it (Probably before Season 3 kicks off, I'll have to buy a playseat worth the wheel.. That's another 350$ or so..
And add the price for the pedals.. 250$?

Don't think I need both wheels initially though, so I'll just start with the F1 style wheel.

Seat: 350$
Base: 400$
Wheel: 150$
Pedals: 200$ (I estimate)

Man!!
That's 1100 $.. or 7500 SKR.. Well.. Guess I have to start saving and forget about my planned vecation in December..
Naaa, would'nt cancel a flight to the sun in December.. Sweden is too cold at that time of year to stay.. Even if a Fanatec wheel comes out in the other end of it.. Guess I just have to work harder.. Cause I'm getting myself one of those!!

Beer and chips?! NO WAY! I'm drinking Coka Cola Zero, and perhaps some whinegums or something.. Don't want my diamond wheel to get greasy from the chips, right? 💡 :lol:
 
lol at Coke Zero :lol:

I wouldn't cancel a vaca either but spending $1000 to race in style like this is well worth the investment! ...but! please no! Don't buy a playseat! It has that weird metal that goes in between your legs! Annoyed the hell out of me when i was trying to heel and toe... If you don't plan to build your own, get something like this instead:

Virtual Racing Cockpit:
vrc-sparco.jpg


Perfect F1 position and it's around the same price (or less?)!


If not, maybe the Obutto or Rinoseat?:
images

images



OR! Something like this (not sure of the price but its mostly CF so i'd imagine it's expensive):
plst-f1-side_1.jpg



Those are my Cockpit wishlist in order :D
 
Well, CF is a must if you're racing.. Got to have it!!

Perhaps I can ask OwenRacing if I can buy one of his creations.. If I recall, It looked fantastic.. Think I rmember him posting some pics a while back.. Could be wrong though..
 
Perhaps you guys could lend any of those products to me :). That F1 wheel looks fantastic! But I should worry about getting a comfortable seat first, then a new wheel. My chair kills me, sore back and butt.:(
 

Division 2 Results and Fast Laps:


1. SupraPhantom.............1'57.851
2. Lynchy098..................1'57.288
3. OwensRacing...............1'59.111
4. Wardez.......................1'58.169
5. luckylefty2gunz............1'58.693
6. toyotsupra...................1'59.865

7. paulmack2k9............... 2'06.694
8. GTP_Masicampo ...........2'05.518
9. GTP_Pinoy2..................2'07.525
10. Scanny_Flick...............2'07.058


GT500
GT300

Looking at this pic, the positions are different from your post Masi..
I believe this pic is the correct order, if not, ignore my post.
SuzukaD2S2.jpg
 
Oh yah, noticed that too... i grabbed the fast laps at lap 43 thinking that people have pretty worn-out tires by then so they wont be able to go faster.
 
Those F1 wheels look awesome!. But i have £200 and i want a good steering wheel. Too bad those F1 wheels are out of my price range :(
 
i need a playseat as my bum gets sooo sore sitting on my dinning room chair LOL

However i think my girlfriend might leave me or kill me if i buy a playseat lol
 
That Ferrari F1 wheel looks phenomenal (damn near identical!)..... here's one from fanatec with quick release:



I need one thyroidectomy and one appendectomy to buy this one, lol.
Nice. 👍
 
SuzukaCircuit.jpg


Suzuka race uneventful... got this one instead. :)
 
Spongebob on the car WTF never knew that was there lol
 
4. (D2) Jaminix.. ? DC'd? If so, at what lap?

Rage quit i believe - i saw him going everywhere (gravel, grass, etc)

I'll be running the reply today to get the fast laps.

DC:
1. Twist - L11
2. Jaminix - L12
3. Josh - L12
 
yesterday i got a message from Chorda, i've understand that on friday there were the race..
unfortunatly i read un thursday about the next friday race, so i missed and i'm really bad cuz for this i weren't at home and i decided to go out with my friend..
we will see in this week for qualify and i hope to race this time..
asd.gif
 
Rav tut tut lol we need all the points we can get i got 5th for getting 1st in D2 but id of prefered if you had of showed and say got 5th then id of got 6th but more points for us :sly:
 
Rav tut tut lol we need all the points we can get i got 5th for getting 1st in D2 but id of prefered if you had of showed and say got 5th then id of got 6th but more points for us :sly:

i could run very well in suzuka, my qualify lap was normal, i hit many times 2.05 in practice.. so in race with less fuel i could hit good timing..
i will be for sure next friday.. i hope..
 
Is the next location ... Laguna Seca?!

Thead title:

World Super GT Championship | Main thread | Corkscrew GT September 16 | Signups OPEN!

Yep, I think so.. ;)

The schedule is in the OP as well. 👍

Looking at last season, GT500 pole was:
1:21.181, done by tony1311

GT300 pole was done by GTP_Senninha and was:
1:26.082


A 1:21 is insane, and I doubt we'll see a time like that this season. The only one who can beat it at the moment is Remy_K i guess.. But it's not going to be easy..

GT300 pole, I don't know.. But since it was almost .5 faster than mole, and it was also done in the same car as mole drove (RE Amemiya RX7), it have to be concidered a really fast lap as well.. And also hard to beat.

I do think that the grids quali times will improve in general in both classes, and it will bevery interesting to see if any of the poles from last season can be beaten..
I personally suck at Seca, and with 100 kg of ballast I've already pretty much ruled out my self.
I hold NEPALII, Wardez or Paginas as favourites. Part because their choice of car is good for this track, part because they do not carry too much ballast, and I rule out the NSX here. Otherwise, Joker, red and Cfal would be strong challangers.. But I might be wrong.. It's just that the lack of long straights will defenetly be tough for the tailhappy NSX. The tarmac it self is also very slippery, and the level of grip here os much less compared to other tracks.

In GT300's, I do not hink that Aderrrm will win. His car is too heavy for that.. moles as well (since he did not complete at least 75% of the last race, he can not remove any ballast despite his DC).
So how about our new french guy perhaps? Or Hurtus? I think he's full of revenge since last race, and he also got a light car for this one..
 
Back