GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
  • 233,979 views
Modem's brand new, and so is the router. I was going to look for a way to log activity from my modem with a program tonight, know of one?

When I was on the phone with the ISP the guy said my modem was completely normal looking on every end. I kept insisting that it wasn't a consistent problem but an intermittent one that strikes out of nowhere. He kind of didn't believe me and didn't really have anything to suggest. Then it recycled while I we were talking and he saw it pop up on his screen as a bad connection. So then he decided to send someone.
 
One more thing to highlight what exactly's wrong with my disconnects:

When I got disconnected from the lobby, it wasn't just GT5 that got disconnected, the internet through out the whole house was down. Like I said, someone's coming tomorrow to fix it and if they don't I'm cancelling my service with COX and going with another ISP.

So after that, yes, I'll keep streaming.

This happens to me back then from time to time when i exceed a certain amount of bandwidth (downloading Blu-ray torrents and what not :sly:). Needless to say, i argued with my ISP and threatened to opt out of my subscription (TWC) - only incentive i got was a lower monthly rate.

...might get Fios soon.



:sly: WRC - WCGTC :sly:
 
Modem's brand new, and so is the router. I was going to look for a way to log activity from my modem with a program tonight, know of one?

When I was on the phone with the ISP the guy said my modem was completely normal looking on every end. I kept insisting that it wasn't a consistent problem but an intermittent one that strikes out of nowhere. He kind of didn't believe me and didn't really have anything to suggest. Then it recycled while I we were talking and he saw it pop up on his screen as a bad connection. So then he decided to send someone.

192.168.100.1 MAY be your modem's IP addy, depending on the model of hte modem you should be able to enable logging via the modem itself. I feel your pain with Cox, I lived in Phoenix for 10+ years and eventually found a tech that actually knew his job ans listened when I explained issues, after that I stopped calling Cox and only called "My" tech!
 
This happens to me back then from time to time when i exceed a certain amount of bandwidth (downloading Blu-ray torrents and what not :sly:). Needless to say, i argued with my ISP and threatened to opt out of my subscription (TWC) - only incentive i got was a lower monthly rate.

...might get Fios soon.

I wonder what those "what not" are... ahaha :p
 
Hey Wardez, the sames been happening to me... My modems fine and all, but these last few days i've lost connection randomly. Todays been the only day its not messed up on me :L
 
haha maybe :sly:



:lol: Episodes of Lost, House, Scrubs, Family Guy, Top Gear (all episodes from Season 1 to 17), etc.... :sly:



:cheers: WRC - WCGTC

Hmm now im wondering whats included in the "etc"... *cough* Dirty mind *cough* :sly:
 
192.168.100.1 MAY be your modem's IP addy, depending on the model of hte modem you should be able to enable logging via the modem itself. I feel your pain with Cox, I lived in Phoenix for 10+ years and eventually found a tech that actually knew his job ans listened when I explained issues, after that I stopped calling Cox and only called "My" tech!


That's great luck right there. The tech on the phone sounded like he wanted to go piss or something. " Ok-good-someone's-coming-over-tomorrow...anythngelseyou'dlikehelpwith?"
"Uhmmm, n"
"Kthxfor calling cox bai!" *click*

I'm about to go internet on their asses.
 
haha possibly :sly:



:lol: Episodes of Lost, House, Scrubs, Family Guy, Top Gear (all episodes from Season 1 to 17), etc.... :sly:



:cheers: WRC - WCGTC

Hmm now im wondering whats included in the "etc"... *cough* Dirty mind *cough* :sly:

Lost Hoochies, House of Loose Women, Scrub the Flo', Family Guys, Topless Gear 12.
 
LMAO Sometimes they just want to get rid of you as fast as they can.
 
Lost Hoochies, House of Loose Women, Scrub the Flo', Family Guys, Topless Gear 12.

Family Guys?! :scared:
 
Short report-type-thing:

Got damage relatively early on after taking things fairly easy to begin with. Was no fault of my own, but forced me to pit on Lap 10, and that pretty much decided the race there and then. I was planning a 3-stopper in 16-17-17 lap stints, and that was pushing it on the tyres anyway. As it is, ended up doing 10-21-19 and ruined my tyres in the process. I was driving with maybe 2 "bars" of tyre at the end of the middle stint and not much better at the end of the race.

After my early unscheduled stop and through the first pit stops I pulled a 10 second gap over Aderrrm due to the fresh tyres and imo having a faster pace anyway, but by the end of my second stint and barely being able to keep the car on the circuit, that was instead a 5 second advantage in Aderrrm's favour. I pitted, Aderrrm covered me a couple of laps afterwards, and that was that.

Mehhhhhh. At least Wardez and Masi took my disconnect-luck for me, cheers guys 👍
 
Quickie Report:

Started 6th - Disconnected on Lap 26

Planned a 3-stopper. First couple of laps was just a feeler as i had little practice. (Kamy 3rd, Atlas 4th, Masi 5th) Kamy lost control and spun coming off Andretti hairpin. From then on, it was me and Atlas battling it for third place. It was a good scrap, with a few bumps here and there (outbreaked myself and nearly dump Atlas coming into corkscrew). We traded places back and forth and on Lap 10, i decided to come in and see if i could manage better laps by running alone. Ran consistent mid to low 1'26.xxx on my second stint. I think Atlas pitted somewhere lap 15-20 and as he came off the pits, i was a good straightaway ahead.

Around Lap 24, i caught Ravellron and passed him (i think he was doing a 2 stopper?). My tires were pretty worn by then so i decided to pit the next lap. As i was about to finish Lap 26, i get disconnected.

Too bad as Laguna is one of my favorite tracks.

Congrats to the Winners! Look in the mirror and give yourself a nod :cheers:

What about knocking me of at lap3 ? :sly:
 
Now he is promoting another series. Damn Masi. :)

Just an interest check. Can't commit weekly in WSGTC (dove in here last minute) so i do what i can to have my GT fix :sly:

What about knocking me of at lap3 ? :sly:

Sorry Paul, but i had corner rights and you should've back out by the time we got to the turning point. I actually gave you space as i exited the turn :) (as far as i can recall)
 
No haha, it's $100 for 50mb/s down.
 
and I've never been able to complain faster.
 
Wow. i actually cba to do anything after that race. Pretty tired. :(
 
Remember: Do not argue here about incidents. Fill in the form, and wait. 👍
 
Forgot to say congrats to Aderrm, winning with 130kg ballast is just mind boggling. Just watched replay and even if I hadn't been taken out I was never going to challenge for 1st.
 
Forgot to say congrats to Aderrm, winning with 130kg ballast is just mind boggling. Just watched replay and even if I hadn't been taken out I was never going to challenge for 1st.

He even finished ahead of some of the GT500 cars.

That shows consistency in his lap times 👍
 
Sorry guys.. Didn't end up being able to get back to the house in time. By the time I realized to grab my phone to update the thread(that I wasn't going to make race).. it was 10 min after race time.

@C-Fal.. I understand your pain with the NSX. Car just seems terrible at Laguna.

@Wardez.. Sorry to hear of your disconnects! You have been knocking on the door of victory all year, too bad this chance was stolen from you. Hope COX gets that sorted out for you. Ever since I have raced with you, you were always the one with the rock-solid connection.. Hope they get you back to that status.

@Aderrrm.. Congrats on your win. With that amount of ballast, really incredible!

@Phantom.. Congrats on your D1 win!

@Biffy and Hortus.. Congrats on your respective D2 wins. D1 or D2, all wins tough to come by in this series.
 
Wow Mole. And I thought my tires were bad. I just watched yours. lol
 
i'm happy to finish my first race with you guys... i think i've raced well, i only made one stop with no damage of any sort..
congrats adermmm, really fast...
paul i saw you fly in the sand on lap 3, i'm sad really...
masicampo in the middle of the race disappeared in front of me, it could be a nice battle for some laps further..
 
i'm happy to finish my first race with you guys... i think i've raced well, i only made one stop with no damage of any sort..

Wow :crazy:
Thats why your tires were shot and I managed to get by you in the last lap then.

The car must have felt like it was driving on ice.
 
Back