GTRead: Fan-made Gran Turismo Magazine [Read post #69]

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ameer67
  • 87 comments
  • 4,927 views
Haha that's just what I was working on last night! It's a car review but with a twist.

View attachment 276674

So, anyone have any car recommendations? Thanks to @Mini Stiggy also for bringing up the car review idea to me.



Yep. Any ideas you have post them here. Articles and photos, PM them to me.
Less than 5 similar cars? Hmm. Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, Ferrari 458 and Nissan GT-R? Though the GT-R is an odd one out. Camaro SS, Challenger SRT8 and Mustang Boss 302? We don't have a 5.0 equipped GT, so the Boss would have to do I guess, cause it's closer in terms of power. Too bad we don't have the Camaro SS 1LE.

As for ideas on articles, perhaps some kind of "hidden gems" feature?
 
Less than 5 similar cars?

I have changed it to 3 cars now. (5 seemed a bit too much.) I have also chosen the cars already too. Thanks for the suggestion though.

As for ideas on articles, perhaps some kind of "hidden gems" feature?

Go right ahead if you feel like you're up to writing an article about that.
 
Not a regular feature, but reckon it would be cool if we had a 'personal projects' face off. You know, everyone has that one special car that they work on. Would be interesting if we all got together to see which one comes out on top. Heh :dopey:
 
Not a regular feature, but reckon it would be cool if we had a 'personal projects' face off. You know, everyone has that one special car that they work on. Would be interesting if we all got together to see which one comes out on top. Heh :dopey:

That sounds pretty cool actually.
______

Message to all photographers:
What kind of photos we need:
- Racing scene (overtaking, battles, etc)
- Realistic (edited or not edited, doesn't matter)

PM them to me when you have a photo.
 
I have changed it to 3 cars now. (5 seemed a bit too much.) I have also chosen the cars already too. Thanks for the suggestion though.



Go right ahead if you feel like you're up to writing an article about that.
I don't have GT6. So that's kind of hard.
 
I don't have GT6. So that's kind of hard.

Oh. Wow. :lol:
_____________

Progress on the 1 Lap 1 Car article:

upload_2014-12-21_12-41-14.pngupload_2014-12-21_12-39-55.pngupload_2014-12-21_12-42-34.pngupload_2014-12-21_12-43-45.png
 
This looks really good, I'd like to write for it. I'll write you an article, does it have to be about anything specific?
 
This looks really good, I'd like to write for it. I'll write you an article, does it have to be about anything specific?

It just has to relate to GT in someway or another. That's it.
 
I would love to help in this magazine. I could write some articles about some tips and tricks for all the series or some track guides and real life driving techniques. I need help in editing.
 
Glad to see a community magazine is back in the works.... I might need to get in the writing game and contribute to this.

Anyone remember Stock vs Tuned? ;)
 
Dibs on the Mazda LM55 article!
 
So, progress.

upload_2014-12-29_13-9-3.png


But, here's the real news: I don't know if I want to continue this project. I have written 2-3 articles so far but no one (except one or two people) has decided they want to write too. All I'm getting are ideas but not actual writers. I'm not saying I expect everyone who submits an idea has to write a full-fledged article, I'm saying some writing should be done.
 
So, progress.

View attachment 281817

But, here's the real news: I don't know if I want to continue this project. I have written 2-3 articles so far but no one (except one or two people) has decided they want to write too. All I'm getting are ideas but not actual writers. I'm not saying I expect everyone who submits an idea has to write a full-fledged article, I'm saying some writing should be done.
Once you get it off the ground, maybe some other people will sign up. I'm doing some other stuff right now so I may not be able to crank out articles as quickly as I'd like.
 
As suggestion get done issue out before asking for people to join/help you .

Also remember that any people here are not english born speakers

So, progress.

View attachment 281817

But, here's the real news: I don't know if I want to continue this project. I have written 2-3 articles so far but no one (except one or two people) has decided they want to write too. All I'm getting are ideas but not actual writers. I'm not saying I expect everyone who submits an idea has to write a full-fledged article, I'm saying some writing should be done.
 
Thanks for putting my pic in @Ameer67. Appreciate it 👍 :)
And the magazine looks really nice 👍
 
There have been other magazine attempts too...

*cough cough*

Though a complete lack of time in the real world to dedicate to it means Issue 02 has sat at 50% for... two years now?! Good luck: it's a lot of work to do these sorts of things. I wouldn't have even gotten that far if not for @Terronium-12 and @GT-R .
 
There have been other magazine attempts too...

*cough cough*

Though a complete lack of time in the real world to dedicate to it means Issue 02 has sat at 50% for... two years now?! Good luck: it's a lot of work to do these sorts of things. I wouldn't have even gotten that far if not for @Terronium-12 and @GT-R .

Those templates are beautiful!

Maybe all the parts trying hard creating a magazine should Team up toghether... It would be less than 1/3rd of the work that way.
 
I'd like to be a photographer, I can send you a race I took pictures of and it's has the suns rays in it!
 
Back