GTS HUD symbols

Hello, found this post on reddit, hope that helps.

First: [URL
https://i.imgur.com/ZEHbimf.jpg[/URL]

1. Total Time Racing

2. Tire Display (Displays Type of Tire and Wear)

3. Fuel Gauge

4. Total distance driven with this specific car

5. Brake Input Indicator

6. Accel. Input Indicator

7. Steering Input Indicator

8. Rev Bar (Last few thousand before having to shift).

9. Current Speed

10. Current Gear

11. Suggested Gear for the corner you are approaching

12. Type of Gearbox / Automatic or Manual

13. ABS Indicator, Flashes red when ABS kicks in

14. Handbrake indicator, goes White when Handbrake is used

15. Autopilot Brake Assist Indicator

16. Autopilot Steering Assist Indicator

17. Light Indicator

18. Countersteer Assist Indicator

19. TCS Indicator

20. ASC Indicator

As of today, there is also a proximity sensor for the left and right back, as well a turbo gauge at the right of the red caution sign:

1.gif

Of course it it not new.

The original post is from 2017, that is 3 years ago.

I just added the missing information as of today.

Of course it it not new.

The original post is from 2017, that is 3 years ago.

I just added the missing information as of today.

Ah I see, "As of today" makes it sound like it's just been added when it was all there to begin with.

The turbo gauge only shows when you're driving a car that actually has a turbo. The Gr.4 Corvette in the image doesn't have a turbo, so no turbo gauge.

The proximity sensors will actually be in the original screenshot. You just can't see them because they're not lit up.

Anyway, all seems pretty moot on a 3 year old thread, especially when the person who asked hasn't been active since then :lol:

Well, at least for me this tread was useful.

I searched for "hud symbols" here in the forum and got pretty much one result, which was 98 % accurate :-).

As for the official document, I have no idea where their screenshot comes from. Are there several GT Sport versions? I don't know.

Anyway, all is good :-).

Is the suggested gear for upcoming corner indicator dynamic/worthwhile or is it a fixed number based on AI driving/same gear regardless of car/etc..

@Fennario:

Not an answer to your question yet, but I am still midway thru my first race with GTS on Tsukuba.

I had selected automatic transmission, and in most corners 2nd gear is suggested, but the system stubbornly uses the 3rd gear.

Surprisingly, I cannot manually override the shifting, so I have to wait until I have finished my 24h race to try manual transmission and tell which gear is right :-).

@Fennario:

Not an answer to your question yet, but I am still midway thru my first race with GTS on Tsukuba.

I had selected automatic transmission, and in most corners 2nd gear is suggested, but the system stubbornly uses the 3rd gear.

Surprisingly, I cannot manually override the shifting, so I have to wait until I have finished my 24h race to try manual transmission and tell which gear is right :-).

The suggested gear is usually always at least one gear too low, sometimes 2 gears to low. I wouldn’t go by that. Just watch a couple of top ten laps, they are rarely to never in the “suggested gear” they a corner. 👍

Back