GTS is seriously realistic...

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 55 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I'm a loser in real life and in GTS! Wow! It's sure fun losing virtually every single race. Pole position? What's that? And what's a "race?" All I see before the race starts is a prediction of who's gonna place where once it's over, and it's very accurate, especially when every race lasts for around 10 minutes and twenty at most! What sort of algorithm do they use for these amazingly accurate predictions? It's like a fortune telling! Plus, it's very nice having all week to qualify - once you've set your best time, you can just enter a race and probably get poles/wins (let's be honest, what's the bloody difference?) every time without every needing to qualify again until next week's races, wherein the process repeats.

I should just grab some morphine from a university lab and OD. I already am frustrated with my life as it is at 27, I don't need meticulously consistent reminders. I'm not asking to win every race or grab pole every time, but this is ridiculous and un-fun. There is a difference between "getting good" - and learning more about a game's mechanics, or reading player behaviors - and being in an absurdly high percentile of skill to even have a shot of winning/being on pole, which furthermore has little difference given the length of the usual races. I had thought the FIA races and championships would be where the more advanced players would want to really test their mettle, but as far as the Daily Races go, I haven't seen this much curb-stomping since I watched American History X! I often feel like I'd have better odds of winning the local lottery than being on pole these days, FML.

Dude, take a deep breath, and relax, it’s just a game. Come race with us tonight at 9pm, we do two runs of each daily race and it’s super clean and friendly. The 2nd of each race is a reverse grid so everyone gets a chance to start up front somewhere over the course of the night. :cheers:

I'm a loser in real life and in GTS! Wow! It's sure fun losing virtually every single race. Pole position? What's that? And what's a "race?" All I see before the race starts is a prediction of who's gonna place where once it's over, and it's very accurate, especially when every race lasts for around 10 minutes and twenty at most! What sort of algorithm do they use for these amazingly accurate predictions? It's like a fortune telling! Plus, it's very nice having all week to qualify - once you've set your best time, you can just enter a race and probably get poles/wins (let's be honest, what's the bloody difference?) every time without every needing to qualify again until next week's races, wherein the process repeats.

I should just grab some morphine from a university lab and OD. I already am frustrated with my life as it is at 27, I don't need meticulously consistent reminders. I'm not asking to win every race or grab pole every time, but this is ridiculous and un-fun. There is a difference between "getting good" - and learning more about a game's mechanics, or reading player behaviors - and being in an absurdly high percentile of skill to even have a shot of winning/being on pole, which furthermore has little difference given the length of the usual races. I had thought the FIA races and championships would be where the more advanced players would want to really test their mettle, but as far as the Daily Races go, I haven't seen this much curb-stomping since I watched American History X! I often feel like I'd have better odds of winning the local lottery than being on pole these days, FML.
The best part is that you can smash into other drivers to lower your rating, giving you a better chance of winning for the next race :ill:

I'm exactly twice your age, you need to make some babies, after 16+ plus years of servitude to them you will find you can have fun doing anything 👍

I'm not asking to win every race or grab pole every time, but this is ridiculous and un-fun. There is a difference between "getting good" - and learning more about a game's mechanics, or reading player behaviors - and being in an absurdly high percentile of skill to even have a shot of winning/being on pole, which furthermore has little difference given the length of the usual races.
I just looked at your kudosprime link, and I see your DR is 23k. That's far from terrible, you're in the top 4%. If you were in a room with 24 other players, all randomly selected from the player base, you'd often be the best player in the room. Can you not get some satisfaction from being hugely better than average at the game?

With how the matchmaking works, you'll always end up in the middle of the pack. The people in the middle are at their correct DR. The people at the front have a DR that is too low, they're travelling through your race on the way to a higher rating. The people at the bottom have too high a DR for their true skill level (e.g. they've "farmed" DR by racing a car+track combo they're unusually good at over and over again), and are travelling in the opposite direction. So it's not a question of skill level, you'd have exactly the same problem if your true skill level were e.g. 52k, you'd just be losing almost all the time to better players.

I've just picked this game up and regret being so late to the party. It's been quite surprisingly competitive since the first race. After 15 races I've reached SR rank S and DR rank D but being matched with DR ranked A/B drivers. So far am having fun racing against people that know what they're doing.

I hate the shoddy physics and various technical problems in GTS. I blame that for holding me down in this game. After this season of the Nations Cup ends, I plan to retire from Sport Mode and solely focus on reaching level 50 via Campaign Mode.

Last edited:
B rank is calling you...

Come and race with us, for ever, and ever, and ever...
that's true! i was trying to win with the mclaren 650 S on brands hatch but could not so my rating stopped be A and become B, on B it was much more fun with a bigger mix of cars, on level A thete is just audis R8 and porshes so boring

Is this what its like peering into the psyche of a B class driver? I'm honestly kind of scared

Not really necessary imo. There are way more b rated than a rated drivers in this game. There probably wouldn’t be an acceptable ROI if only a rated drivers played this game and it may have never been made.

Statistically you would expect to get around 5% wins. There’s 20 drivers and only one winner. I’m around that win percentage and feel quite happy about it, as a b rated driver. You can’t expect to win 50% of the time in a ranked lobby, unless you are the absolute best in the game.

giphy.gif

I should just grab some morphine from a university lab and OD.

If you are serious about this, please find some help and/or someone to talk to. There are more people than you think that will help you.

On a GT Sport note, it's just a game and should be played for fun. If it's causing you stress then you should stop playing. It's been pointed out here and elsewhere that a history of playing single player racing games has led us to believe that consistently winning can be the norm. Now that we're playing real life people that couldn't be further from the truth. After 611 Sport Mode races I've won 17 of them, but I'm having a blast and only care about being competitive and driving my own best laps. You have to find fun in racing and improving your own skill.

Winning is not everything. Starting in pole position is often not the best place to be anyway so don't worry about that!

If winning and pole positions are that important to you then tank your DR and SR and pick up the easy wins.

Good luck 👍

Back