GTS on PS5

• Thread starter CJ1045
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A Google search on this is not helpful at all as returns GT7 stories. Is there any news yet whether GTS will work on PS5? I am asking particularly as I am gooing to sell my PS4 Pro now as I have secured a PS5 preorder from Amazon. I am thinking sell now before everyone is selling once they get their PS5 and the prices plummet. Apollogies I have been away from the GTS seen for the last few months so an not up with the latest.

Thanks
CJ

My understanding is ps5 is backwards compatible so should work fine- not seen anything specific to GTS but would be very surprised if didn’t work

Yes GT Sport will work on PS5 (would be a riot if not I suspect?) and I believe it will have a crosssave so if you end up having to play on a PS4 rather than PS5 it will still be your current progress.

A Google search on this is not helpful at all as returns GT7 stories. Is there any news yet whether GTS will work on PS5? I am asking particularly as I am gooing to sell my PS4 Pro now as I have secured a PS5 preorder from Amazon. I am thinking sell now before everyone is selling once they get their PS5 and the prices plummet. Apollogies I have been away from the GTS seen for the last few months so an not up with the latest.

Thanks
CJ
My understanding is ps5 is backwards compatible so should work fine- not seen anything specific to GTS but would be very surprised if didn’t work
Yes GT Sport will work on PS5 (would be a riot if not I suspect?) and I believe it will have a crosssave so if you end up having to play on a PS4 rather than PS5 it will still be your current progress.
There's no concrete answer. We can say what Mark Cerny said, which is that "the overwhelming majority" of PS4's top 100 games function on PS5 without issue, and that the PS5 should support a significant proportion of all PS4 games (with PS4 Pro modes for all that juicy enhancement). We can speculate that, as one of the platform's best-selling titles and a Sony "PlayStation Studios" product, GTS will almost certainly work without any problems...

... but there is a small chance it might not.

And a further caveat is that this depends on how long the GTS servers remain active. Unless PD issues a patch allowing for offline access, it'll be reduced to the same functionality you have right now when offline: Arcade Mode and no saving.

Thanks - yes all I had read gave no yes/no answers as to compatibilty on a game by game basis. Slightly scary given how close we are to release.

CJ

Couldn't find much discussion about this but I'm really interested in opinions of others...
Will there be some kind of patch for native 4K 60fps to go with PS5 boost mode?

Back