GTS, tyres in motion issues.

• Thread starter Trick_13
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
North East England
Trick-Chapman13
Hey everyone, looking for some advice please.
I’m having some issues with the graphics on GTS when I’m watching a replay back. When the wheels on the car/cars are in motion they don’t look like they are driving on the tarmac of the track. As in the bottom of the tyre on the tarmac looks kind of blurred and sometimes the black tyre blends into the grey of the track.
I’m using a PS4 pro with a Philips Momentun 436m6 console monitor (4K UHD HDR 1000). I watch videos on YT of GTS and they look brilliant and the cars really do look like they are driving on the track. Any idea as to why this is happening?

I’m having some issues with the graphics on GTS when I’m watching a replay back. When the wheels on the car/cars are in motion they don’t look like they are driving on the tarmac of the track. As in the bottom of the tyre on the tarmac looks kind of blurred and sometimes the black tyre blends into the grey of the track.
I’m using a PS4 pro with a Philips Momentun 436m6 console monitor (4K UHD HDR 1000). I watch videos on YT of GTS and they look brilliant and the cars really do look like they are driving on the track. Any idea as to why this is happening?
Could you take a photo of the screen?

Use a shorter exposure. If you’re using a large aperture (low F numbers) be aware that the depth of field will be reduced resulting in blurring in front of and behind the focal point.

Could you take a photo of the screen?

Hi Bil,

When I pause the game to take a photo it looks totally fine. Last night I connected my PS4 pro to a LG 50” plasma (1080p) that is more than 9 years old, no 4K no UHD and no HDR. The colours looked darker but better, they looked a lot deeper and richer. Also there was less of the problem above when watching a replay. However when I watched a saved replay (Huracan, Suzuka, Noon) that id saved on the other monitor then it looked equally as bad with the tyres on the track. I’m not the best when it comes to tech so this has got me baffled. I’m thinking it’s more than likely something to do with the monitor or monitor settings but I’ve tried a fair few things and still the same result.

Use a shorter exposure. If you’re using a large aperture (low F numbers) be aware that the depth of field will be reduced resulting in blurring in front of and behind the focal point.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m not the best when it comes to tech so I genuinely don’t understand what you are saying. Your answer may well be the solution to my problem. Could you please explain it in layman’s terms so I can understand and then I’ll be able to try it out. Cheers

Have you tried doing the video setup from within the game?
Go to the GT menu (top left of Home Screen in GTS) and scroll down to Options, one of the panels that comes up is "video output" (or similar).
When in that menu, at the bottom is a "display settings assistant" which will walk you through getting the best out of your monitor.

Good luck!

That's definitely an odd issue. You're on the PS4 Pro, so try switching the graphics. Go to Options and then Display. There should be two options in the menu. I think it's Prefer quality and Prefer performance (or framerate). Try selecting the other one and check again. That's what I would try first. Might also just be the monitor settings need a bit of tinkering with.

Last edited:
Did it look something like this?

full

Have you tried doing the video setup from within the game?
Go to the GT menu (top left of Home Screen in GTS) and scroll down to Options, one of the panels that comes up is "video output" (or similar).
When in that menu, at the bottom is a "display settings assistant" which will walk you through getting the best out of your monitor.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, I have tried that but still the same, cheers.

That's definitely an odd issue. You're on the PS4 Pro, so try switching the graphics. Go to Options and then Display. There should be two options in the menu. I think it's Prefer quality and Prefer performance (or framerate). Try selecting the other one and check again. That's what I would try first. Might also just be the monitor settings need a bit of tinkering with.

I’ve tried that also, first it was on prioritise framerate, so I changed it to prioritise quality and for all it looked slightly better I still had the same issue. For instance I took the M4 around Suzuka at Noon, whilst in motion where the bottom of the black tyre meets the grey tarmac it looks kind of blurry and just looks so fake. Thanks for the reply

Did it look something like this?

full

Yes very similar to that, especially when the wheels are in motion. I tried a lap in the M4,Suzuka,Noon and it looked terrible. It looks so fake and unnatural

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes very similar to that, especially when the wheels are in motion. I tried a lap in the M4,Suzuka,Noon and it looked terrible. It looks so fake and unnatural
Thought so, that picture is actually from GT6, I had the same in GTSport , but only in replay mode, I haven't seen it during races (maybe because I'm concentrating on not causing a pile-up :lol:)
But yeah, it's a (tiny) bit of a bummer.

Have you tried all your replays? Is it like that in all of them? Because if it is, then I'm afraid deleting and reinstalling the game is the next course of action, mate. Looks like something got effed up during one of the updates. I used to have an issue where I could only do 1 qualifying lap of any Sport mode race at a time because every time I crossed the finish line the game froze and crashed. Every effing time. Very annoying. Deleted, reinstalled, no issues ever since.

Thought so, that picture is actually from GT6, I had the same in GTSport , but only in replay mode, I haven't seen it during races (maybe because I'm concentrating on not causing a pile-up :lol:)
But yeah, it's a (tiny) bit of a bummer.

Yep only in reply mode. Say I’m in a race and I’m along side another car and press either left or right to look at said car, the wheels in motion on that said car will look fine. I like watching replays back and like showing them off so it’s fairly annoying when this problem happens. Thanks for the reply and your input

Have you tried all your replays? Is it like that in all of them? Because if it is, then I'm afraid deleting and reinstalling the game is the next course of action, mate. Looks like something got effed up during one of the updates. I used to have an issue where I could only do 1 qualifying lap of any Sport mode race at a time because every time I crossed the finish line the game froze and crashed. Every effing time. Very annoying. Deleted, reinstalled, no issues ever since.

That’s just it, some replays can look fine and others really poor. It might be a case of reinstalling just to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your input

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s just it, some replays can look fine and others really poor. It might be a case of reinstalling just to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your input
Try the oldest one you have and then the newest one. If the old ones are fine and the new ones aren't then some files might have been corrupted during an update and now something weird happens when you save a replay. Reinstall is probably the way to go.

Last edited:
Just an update for all those that kindly commented on my thread. The problem has now been resolved. Basically I needed to change a few settings, both on the PS4 pro and on the 4K UHD HDR monitor. Firstly I turned off HDR in my PS4 video output settings. This then allowed me activate the monitors preset modes whilst playing GTS such as racing, fps, gamer1, gamer2 etc. There was also some other settings on the monitor that needed changing, Pixel Orbiting was turned on (who knew!), this feature is supposed to ever so slightly move fixed objects on screen to help prevent burn-in. In my case this feature was having a negative affect and was one of the major culprits to my problem. This has now been turned off as well as other settings like Smart response, smart contrast and smart frame being turned on. My monitor has once again come alive and the colours are more vibrant and rich and the level of detail is crisp and clear. The tyres on tarmac blur affect has gone and I can now enjoy watching back the replays in all their glory. Thanks to all who replied and took the time to have an input. Much appreciated, cheers

Just an update for all those that kindly commented on my thread. The problem has now been resolved. Basically I needed to change a few settings, both on the PS4 pro and on the 4K UHD HDR monitor. Firstly I turned off HDR in my PS4 video output settings. This then allowed me activate the monitors preset modes whilst playing GTS such as racing, fps, gamer1, gamer2 etc. There was also some other settings on the monitor that needed changing, Pixel Orbiting was turned on (who knew!), this feature is supposed to ever so slightly move fixed objects on screen to help prevent burn-in. In my case this feature was having a negative affect and was one of the major culprits to my problem. This has now been turned off as well as other settings like Smart response, smart contrast and smart frame being turned on. My monitor has once again come alive and the colours are more vibrant and rich and the level of detail is crisp and clear. The tyres on tarmac blur affect has gone and I can now enjoy watching back the replays in all their glory. Thanks to all who replied and took the time to have an input. Much appreciated, cheers
That's very useful info, thanks. I have never heard of "pixel orbiting" before this thread.....!

Back