(GTTCC-6) | Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship - Season 6 | TNR_FILO, BenMillard and DPR win!Finished 

Should a turbo be installed from round 2 onwards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@samdigby is a friend who will hope to join us. He's been in a Dream Car series and an SLS series with me.

I'm hosting a test room at the moment. No tyre wear or fuel usage, so people can get a baseline feel for the car. (Like me!)

The car feels perfect without turbo. If it's kept for the rest of the series, I'll find a different series. Nothing personal, there's just so much choice these days I can find something that's just how I like it. (And a bit more authentic, arguably.)
It will be staying unfortunately mate, as people have practiced with that so it's unfair to scrap it before race starts.

I prefer it without but honestly don't mind having it on.

It seems pretty unpopular in the room I'm hosting at the mo. It was a split vote earlier, too?

Maybe something to revisit for race 2 onwards? I hope so, anyway.

Do a poll regarding the turbo after the race if people are still complaining about it? :)
I did ask start of the week remember :lol: but yeah we'll do one tonight, at least that way it's fair, no one complaining about it changing before race night.

@BenMillard are you using the touring car mate?

Turning of the PS3 for the first time is ages! Looking forward for tonight!
Great to see you back buddy :cheers:

It seems pretty unpopular in the room I'm hosting at the mo. It was a split vote earlier, too?

Maybe something to revisit for race 2 onwards? I hope so, anyway.
Indeed, it was split but it needed to be a majority vote, but it's better to ask people in the lobby tonight what they want to do for round 2 :cheers:

Do you and you're friend want to form a team?

I did ask start of the week remember :lol: but yeah we'll do one tonight, at least that way it's fair, no one complaining about it changing before race night.

@BenMillard are you using the touring car mate?

Great to see you back buddy :cheers:
May have accidentally signed up for 3 series that race at the same time. Oops. I should pay more attention. Ahaha :lol::lol::lol:

May have accidentally signed up for 3 series that race at the same time. Oops. I should pay more attention. Ahaha :lol::lol::lol:
I picked Friday as people said they were free, but no one seemed to think about their other series :lol:

Little thread activity all week and now it's non stop :lol:

Oh, about the discussion of turbos, I just wanted to add that, personally, I think racing drivers should be able to adapt to different machinery. Refusing to drive just because a car has a turbo seems silly. :)
I agree. Also, Honda in the BTCC are famous for their alleged turbos (being a plato fan I moan about them all the time :lol:) but yeah tuning is there to adapt the car to your style

Also, remember no manual grid tonight, and can people remember to change oil before entering the room. You can leave after race 1 if you want but no leaving the lobby after race 2

I agree. Also, Honda in the BTCC are famous for their alleged turbos (being a plato fan I moan about them all the time :lol:) but yeah tuning is there to adapt the car to your style

Also, remember no manual grid tonight, and can people remember to change oil before entering the room. You can leave after race 1 if you want but no leaving the lobby after race 2
If you ever get the chance to see the BTCC this year, take it. It's a seriously good season so far, and the Subarus are loud as hell.

If you ever get the chance to see the BTCC this year, take it. It's a seriously good season so far, and the Subarus are loud as hell.
Going final round mate so I can visit brands, so excited just hope the subarus pick their game up as it would put a downer on it not being able to cheer him on for a podium. It's put a downer on my season so far, which is a shame as it's really close and amazing, but will still be a great weekend anyway.

Running purple rims tonight in memory of Prince, a big part of my childhood

Going final round mate so I can visit brands, so excited just hope the subarus pick their game up as it would put a downer on it not being able to cheer him on for a podium. It's put a downer on my season so far, which is a shame as it's really close and amazing, but will still be a great weekend anyway.

Running purple rims tonight in memory of Prince, a big part of my childhood
I may be going to Knockhill and/or Brands Hatch GP this season, can't wait for them. Rockingham will be one hell of a race as well.

@True-blue-8 thanks for hosting, turbos on a this car still feel like sacrilege but I had plenty of fun moments. Perhaps it would be a bit sterile without something chewing up the tyres of the unwary.

Much respect to @TNR_KING_FILO for our race 2 contest. Super clean, always leaving space when I indicated a move. It was an unlucky pit slot which cost you the win in the end, certainly not my pace. :cheers:

Great races everyone! Thanks @True-blue-8 for hosting!

Major props to @TNR_KING_FILO on that great chase until the very last corner. I had the edge on the first sector only because you had a power pen but you were just edging closer from there. I just really had to make the car rotate with the handbrake to defend on the last lap because I messed up S1. :lol:

That was the one of the best racing I've ever had in this game, can't wait to experience more of this.

Race report

So after some great seasons, the pace of the grid seemed greater than ever, setting up for a brilliant season.

I knew my pace was off here, always has been but I still expected to get a bit more into the fray. Was a good start to the race but soon fell back into a lonely 6th. For some reason my second set of tyres was worse, both in the race and qualy, so my tyres fell off the cliff and soon tumbled down the order.

Second race I decided to use my setup (embarrassing :P ) I know @BenMillard said I was playing for last and the race 3 reverse but I really wasn't. I wanted mid points so was pushing really hard, but I was getting picked off left right and centre. I knew pole on race 3 would cause problems and Id rather of finished mid pack.

So regardless I had pole :lol: a good start but yet again I was picked off one by one. I pretty much sucked, was well off the pace but learnt a lot about the car, as people were pulling away from me on corner exit even when they had full handicap.

But nice to hear people enjoyed it. Again well done to filo, but I think it's great he only won one. Big well done to Noir, who I knew would be a great competitor, but I honestly expected filo to walk this round, and also to Ben, who pulled out a perfect race 👍 Also shout outs to Ash, skeng and doom who provided some excellent close racing at the front.

Few incidents of course, warnings have been given but at this stage I wont hand out heavy pens, but we all know what to expect from one another next round. It's a massive shame that servers knocked the numbers down, but with a few missing or AWOL I was chuffed, and we should have a full grid within the next few weeks. Points etc will be up very soon.

Regarding next rounds, I've learnt tyre wear is an issue. It will be a lot worse at Laguna, so how do people feel about the settings? Also, success pen. Seemed okay to me, but if you think another 1/2BHP should be added let me know, and finally the turbo, of which there will be a poll up later regarding. So if people can give me their thoughts on the three issues above, or anything else they have, would be great.

Anyway, personally i'm happy about how last night went, and looking forward to getting to a track where I was quickest in practice. All that means is I won't be a second a lap down :lol: Well done everyone and great to see the series back :cheers:

- I think we should stick with Laguna Seca. More tire wear will mean people will have to be more strategic about when to push etc.

- The success penalties were fine, but I think they should be extended down to 8th place. So maybe instead of a 5hp difference, make it 4hp starting from the default?

- Turbo adds more challenge = keep turbo.

Sorry to have pulled from the race, @Ash9414 @True-blue-8 but my internet was only running downhill faster, thanks to Virgin's false promises.
no worries mate :cheers:

- I think we should stick with Laguna Seca. More tire wear will mean people will have to be more strategic about when to push etc.

- The success penalties were fine, but I think they should be extended down to 8th place. So maybe instead of a 5hp difference, make it 4hp starting from the default?

- Turbo adds more challenge = keep turbo.
thanks mate 👍 laguna will stay of course, I just mean the tyre wear setting. People didn't push much at motegi but still struggled.

Success pen, not sure. Sounds good, but 1) we'd need a full grid really, and 2) it wouldn't be as close, as those meant to make up time would also lose time due to the power. Expanding is a good idea but the top 3/4 I think should stay the same.

EDIT - Or make it -5BHP and expand it to 8th

Back