Guess the race track!

• Thread starter F1GTR
  • 503 comments
...Ohh yeah, we will turn anything into a racetrack if given the chance...

Sorry for butting into the thread without guessing the track, but I think Cracker has outwitted more or less all of us. So here goes. A i-friend of mine took this picture (full) and this picture (cut out) of some sort of track from a flight from Malaga in Spain to Oslo in Norway. According to him the track must be somewhere in the eastern part of Spain, probably somewhere around halfway up Spain, but he is not entirely sure. The type of track is also unknown.

I have done a photo enhancement of the picture an imposed where I think the track runs, take into account that it is in the perspective of the photographer.

ukjent_bane.jpg

Contrary to what we usually do I do not know what the track is, so anyone have any suggestions?

tre
Sorry for butting into the thread without guessing the track, but I think Cracker has outwitted more or less all of us. So here goes. A i-friend of mine took this picture (full) and this picture (cut out) of some sort of track from a flight from Malaga in Spain to Oslo in Norway. According to him the track must be somewhere in the eastern part of Spain, probably somewhere around halfway up Spain, but he is not entirely sure. The type of track is also unknown.

I have done a photo enhancement of the picture an imposed where I think the track runs, take into account that it is in the perspective of the photographer.

ukjent_bane.jpg

Contrary to what we usually do I do not know what the track is, so anyone have any suggestions?

I've had a look at a Spanish race track data base and can't find a circuit that matches. I've had a look at the original photos posted and come to the conclusion that it probably is a motorbike dirt track. The road surface looks more 'earthy' than 'tarmacy'. Also comparing the size of the track to the small town/village to the north east of the track, it seems quite a short track and the width of the track looks to be only as wide as the country roads surrounding it - you'd expect the average race track to be at least twice as wide as a normal road.

We have done the same as you have and come to more or less the same conclusions aswell. I think that we need someone local if we are to find out what it is.

:)

Gil Abobeleira
Hummm, I didn't know Targa Tasmania used a race track, albeit on closed public roads (and that's streching out a bit I think). I even think it uses open public roads!

The Nurburgring and Isle of Man TT course are also both public roads.

The track posted is Fuji (I guess the "new" Tilke version)

TheCracker
The Nurburgring and Isle of Man TT course are also both public roads.

The Isle of Man is, but the ManxTT is not held on open roads (nor is it a rally, though you can argue it's more like a time trial). As for the Ring, nope, it's a race track open for driving (there are a lot of tracks with "open days"), but it's not public roads nor are there races held while road cars are cruising...

The big misunderstanding amongst people about the Nurburgring Nordschleife is that it is public roads. It sort of is, but it isn’t. Even though it is classified as part of the German road system and technically you can get a speeding ticket and what ever, it is not public roads. For the public you are not allowed to drive on it unless you get a ticket here.

The Nordschleife is a race track open to the public at certain times.

And for the posted track I think Gil has got it right, it is Fuji, te advertising kind of gives it away.

Latest Posts

Back