Gymkhana 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter boiltheocean
  • 40 comments
  • 5,648 views

boiltheocean

Premium
Messages
7,758
Samoa
Samoa
I'm sure we already have a thread for the Gymkhana Informercial series but I searched to no avail, if someone finds I'll ask a Mod to merge this one.

Anyway. Gymkhana 3, Part 1.



This is meant to be the advertising side, Part 2 which should come around mid-september will be more like the original Gymkhana video.
 
I dislike that he is no longer in a scooby, I like the chicks though ;)
 
I guess I'll have to wait around for September. In the mean time, we could all watch the Gymkhana 2 video!



2.1
 
Is there a car that doesn't look good on TE37s?
 
Is there a car that doesn't look good on TE37s?

No :D.

I'm glad he's still doing the Gymkhana, but to me it's getting too mainstream, but I understand the business point of it so it's all good. I loved the first one when it just came out of nowhere and just did a bunch of cool things with the car. I think it'd be cooler if he did it with his Focus though. Hopefully it would help WRC gain popularity in the US and eventually bring it back here.
 


At a test track this time.
 
He clips the wall on the very first drift. I feel for that car.
 
Poor little car.. poor TE37s... however... still an awesome video.:sly: :D
 
Gotta say, though...I am impressed that the only "Prop" stunt he pulled was with the Segway. This has a purer feel. I kept waiting for the fluorescent lights but they never showed.
 
Amazing car control. Was hoping for some new tricks, some new stunts, but it was mostly some old tricks (the segway, the huge backwards 180 turns), but still very entertaining.
 
5:41 - 5:47 :drool:

Awesome freakin' video!
 
Gotta say, though...I am impressed that the only "Prop" stunt he pulled was with the Segway. This has a purer feel. I kept waiting for the fluorescent lights but they never showed.

Those go hand in hand with everything about Ken Block though. He's an adult living his boyhood dream. Driving racecars, shooting things with paintball guns, driving a car off a snowboard jump; it's all about having fun. DC MTNLAB is like any Cali kid's dreamhouse (in the mountains, snowboard park in the yard with a lift and everything).

Did you ever break a fluorescent tube at the age of 10? It was like some sort of drug.

I like this vid the best though. Lovin' the new car, the location was great and he's still having so much fun.
 
I admit, I bought my first pair of DC shoes after the first gymkhana vid. Viral internet marketing does work :lol:
 
Why on earth did Subaru let this guy get away?
 
I admit, I bought my first pair of DC shoes after the first gymkhana vid. Viral internet marketing does work :lol:

Me too :lol:.

Overall I give this a big 👍 it's everything I wanted, Ken throwing his car around. And what's with the Obama can't Gymkhana?
 
I want a billet e-brake handle with my name engraved on it, too.

Top notch, back to basics with much more rally flavor incorporated into it. 👍
 
I liked it, but there weren't enough epic slow-mo close calls to suit me. Plus, the sound of that first STi boxer will never be topped, unless by another Subaru.
 
I really want an "Obama Can't Gymkhana" sticker, I have no idea what it's promoting but I don't care. And I don't even care that I don't Gymkhana either :lol:.
 
^ Easily the best one yet due to location, but I do hate how they always try to make it look like one continuous take.
 
Ken Block appreciation thread 👍
 
59470_426174631668_7208026668_5558954_6220487_n.jpg
 
threads merged
 
Did not feel right looking at fiesta they are not as cool as a subaru:(
 
I love the Fiesta but god that sounds terrible compared to the old Subie.
 
Back