Had a awesome gig this weekend!!!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pako
  • 15 comments
  • 664 views

Pako

Staff Emeritus
Messages
16,472
United States
NW Montana
Messages
GTP-Pako
Messages
GTP Pako
All I have to say is WOW! The stage sound was so huge! We had a hour and 45 minute set on Friday, then we were part of a 2 hour jam session on Sunday. Anyhow, here's a picture of us jamming:
 

Attachments

  • blueonion_rtr_mainstage_03.jpg
    blueonion_rtr_mainstage_03.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 74
And here's a close up shot of myself on bass and Ron on the Drums:
 

Attachments

  • blueonion_rtr_mainstage_02.jpg
    blueonion_rtr_mainstage_02.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 73
Wow!
Congratulations on the gig Pako! The stage looked beautiful, and I hope you guys had an excellent time performing. :)

Congratulations again.
 
Wicked! Was that the festival you guys played at? Looks awesome. I hope you got in a few solo's and have some mp3's for us to enjoy...:)
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
Wicked! Was that the festival you guys played at? Looks awesome. I hope you got in a few solo's and have some mp3's for us to enjoy...:)
No this wasn't the blues festival. This was related to this prior post:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-26491.html

:cheers:
 
Wow that's a big rig, you got set-up there. Congratulations. How'd you guys go down (honest answer)?
 
How did we go down? As far as travel, the guys rode down in the motor home while my wife, friend, and I rode down in my car.

As far as crowd response, we got some really good feedback and it sounds like they'll have us back next year. ;)
 
Pako, I'm wondering if you've ever been to a place called Chastain in Atlanta and played there? You really should look into it. They have a yearly blues festival and loads of people go there. Last time, George Thourogood, BB King and more were there and I heard that it rocked.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
Pako, I'm wondering if you've ever been to a place called Chastain in Atlanta and played there? You really should look into it. They have a yearly blues festival and loads of people go there. Last time, George Thourogood, BB Kind and more were there and I heard that it rocked.

No, but it sounds awesome for sure. The only states that we have played so far are:

Montana
Washington
Idaho
 
Just got an email from the director of the show. I thought it was good, and thought I'd share the good news with you all:

Ken,,,,thanks to you and Ron and Chris for helping make RtR2003 a huge
> success. We haven't heard one negative response about the whole thing.
> People are telling us it was the best fest ever and I am already
> getting rave email reviews about the Showdown. That was my
> baby and I thank you for helping me pull it off
> without a hitch.
> You guys can be proud of being part of The Greatest
> Show In Montana. We were glad to have you there and
> look forward to working with Blue Onion in the future.
>
> stay in touch
>
> Tim

Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :D
 
Originally posted by Pako
Just got an email from the director of the show. I thought it was good, and thought I'd share the good news with you all:



Kinda gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. :D

:lol: Aaahhh brings tears to the eyes. Nah j/k. Congratulations.
I take it's no questions asked that you're goimng back there next year then. Next time be sure to get it recorded some how so the rest of us here at GTP can hear how you did ;) .
 
Originally posted by wee_man
:lol: Aaahhh brings tears to the eyes. Nah j/k. Congratulations.
I take it's no questions asked that you're goimng back there next year then. Next time be sure to get it recorded some how so the rest of us here at GTP can hear how you did ;) .

Speaking of a recording..... I should be hearing from some people in a couple of weeks about a recording both audio and digital video...., so I might even have some video clips as well, which would kick some serious hind skin. :)
 
Is blue onion signed by the way (do you have a record deal/label)?
 
Thanks Super-Supra!


Originally posted by wee_man
Is blue onion signed by the way (do you have a record deal/label)?

No we're not, but the way I look at it is that it's just a matter of time before we are, or at least are approached by someone. It's all about getting out there and getting that exposure to as many people as you can and building a following. I think these producers look at bands as a commodity and wheither or not they can make them any money as a product or not. So if you can show them that you can make them a buck or two, then it's in their best interest to sign you up. :)
 
Congratumalations, Pako! If you ever get signed, you can be sure I'll buy a record or two. ;)
 
Back