Halo 4 *The best Halo IMO*

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
Everyone that beat Halo 3 on legendary and watched ALL the ending credits knew there was going to be a Halo 4. Lets hope the co-op campaign is as fun as the Halo 3 co-op camapign. Because personally I didnt care for the Reach campaign much at all. And there sure as heck better be some epic Scarab battles like in Halo 3. Or at least some sort of huge enemies.

Updated 9/12/12
-No firefight (this is replaced with Spartan ops)
-Kill cam confirmed along with final kill cam (Yes same as COD kill cam)
-New infection mode called Flood where you are actually the flood
-Battle rifle returns
-No beta
-COD type weapon loadouts
-No armor lock but there will be armor loadouts

Halo 4 Official release date 11/6/12.

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

halo-4-armor-skins2-hffl-id.jpeg

Walmart pre-order bonus.
halo-4-pre-order-bonus-circuit-armor.jpg

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/04/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-41712.aspx

EDIT: More information here in the interview.
http://www.1up.com/previews/interview-halo-4-past-present-future?pager.offset=0

Halo 4 First Look.

Load outs have already been confirmed and as for the graphics. That's just engine optimization, it happens with all games as you get further into a consoles life the more devs can squeeze out of the console. Its a modified version of the reach engine and will be the first Halo in HD 720p

I need to edit the first post. That reply was before any of the info was released for the game. For those that dont know, they will be copying quite a few featuers from COD, which is not good news IMO. Plus there will be no firefight and no beta.

Despite some of my negative views of Halo 4, its starting to look really good.
Its starting to look really good and overwhelming. Here is a screenshot with the info you just posted. Spartan ops is going to be a lot better than I expected. (sounded too much like spec ops)
lduoE.jpg

Starting to look better and better with each video released.

The flag assassination is awesome. Passing the oddball could lead to some sort of "basketball" gametype. I am sure someone will figure out how to do it. We already have golf and hockey. Time for basketball. You could also setup a baseball game too somehow. Throw the oddball and hit it with the hammer. Lots of possiblities.

Looks like we get an autosentry (autoturret) in Halo 4. That should be a lot of fun to use. It reminds me of the autoturret that comes with the Geth Engineer in the Mass Effect 3 co-op mode. Getting more and more excited for this game.

Also some of the helmets and armor. Which I think look awesome!!! Way way better than Reach. I couldnt find any I liked in Reach but dang some seriously sick armor and helmets in this game.

HskAd.jpg

I have never been a Halo person, and never really liked any of them besides the first one, but I think this would be a great alternate to COD. It comes out around the same time so I think I'll pick this up instead.

I have to agree though, those headgear do look pretty cool. My favorites would be Recon, Pioneer, Stalker, Warmaster, Fotus, Strider, Locus and Deadeye.

Anything is a better alternative to the same rinse and repeat COD every year. You should check out Battlefield 3. Thats a much much more enjoyable game than the COD series by a longshot. But thats just my opinion. If you like tanks, jets, helicopters, jeeps, hummers, buggies, water boats, and much more, you will love BF3.

This is awesome.

Another great video explaining the enemies. I love this guys enthusiasm. "Look at that back! Looks awesome! Knight battlewagon! Thats a sick name!" lol
Looks like the pulse grenade will be what they use to replace the power drain from Halo 3. Very excited to see another way to shut down vehicles again.

Updated 9/24/12
343 Industries have harnessed the 360, other 360 devs should take note. Looking excellent! 👍

Campaign footage

Wow some of that looks incredible. Huge step forward graphically for the series. It has almost a Doom 3 look in a couple of the spots in that video.

Dominion gameplay with yes you heard it right KILL CAM and FINAL KILL CAM.
That game mode looks very fun. I always play Conquest in BF3 so this looks like something I would enjoy for sure. Halo with a kill cam does not surprise me with as many other features they are using from COD. (Those in denial about this copying COD are just in denial) So those that wanted a kill cam for Halo, its in Halo 4. I cant even count the amount of times people have said they wanted this feature. Doesnt matter to me either way but I think it will be a welcomed feature.

New mode called Flood which is a much better twist on the previous infected game type. Similar to Left 4 Dead or Gears Of War 3.

Halo 4 on GTTV

Halo 4 has gone gold!

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/halo_4/news/halo_4_development_is_complete.html

Halo 4 development is complete

Game is in certification before heading off to manufacturing

Development of Halo 4 is complete with the game now in certification, franchise development director Frank O'Connor told an audience at this morning's Halo 4 press event taking place at the London Film Museum in Covent Garden.

"We had a big piece of news yesterday back in the office, which is that the game is literally finished at this point," said O'Connor. "They are handing it off through the various certification processes and that, and we're done.

"It's been three years of incredibly hard work by about 300 people."

With the game now in certification it's only a matter of time until the gold disc is sent to manufacturing to begin printing the millions of copies which will flood stores worldwide this holiday season.

Halo 4 will be released November 6 only on Xbox 360.

You know what that means. More people in the public will be playing the full version of Halo 4 very soon and leaking spoilers. So it wont be much longer and I will be leaving the Halo 4 forums on other sites. This site is great about avoiding spoilers so I might hang out here for a while.

I only stopped in to give an update on the status of the Limited Edition for Halo 4. My friend in NY told me he went to pre-order H4 LCE and it was sold out. So I went to check in Michigan and sure enough. It looks like they are already sold out!!! :ouch:

SO I had to order the regular edition. If you have not ordered the LE yet and you are interrested, it might be too late. :guilty:

No worries Wiggs, I am terrible at Halo, I do however enjoy the hilarious ways I die and making my own maps that I play on by myself because there is no matchmaking for custom maps.....boooo.

Anyway, I will be on for a few hours Saturday evening and Sunday throughout the day so if any of those times works I will see you online!

This game is incredible!!! EVERYTHING about H4 is better than any of the previous Halo games. The campaign is mind blowing incredible. Not only is it an amazing experience, the campaign graphics are the best I have ever seen on a console. Which is very surprising for a Halo game. I cant even count the amount of times I stopped just to look at the graphics and detail. The audio is also very very good. I LOVE the sound of the Warthog. It sounds like a monster truck or drag car. Cortana feels and looks so alive and realistic with a lifelike personality. She really feels like a real person and not just some computer AI.

Spartan ops is a lot of fun and a good replacement for Firefight. Plus there will be 5 more every week for 10 more weeks along with a new Spartan Ops video each week. I will be keeping track of this series for sure especially after watching the 5 Forward Unto Dawn episodes. For those that dont know, those episodes all tie in with Spartan Ops in H4 with Lasky.

The multiplayer is a blast and surprisingly very well balanced considering they didnt have a beta. I hAve been playing a lot of the Big team battle and Dominion. I really like all the new additions to the game including the loadouts, kill cams, and ordinance drops. I do realize they are ideas from other games but they do work very well in Halo 4 and even more balanced than the other games. The new flood mode is also a lot of fun. I dont usually like infection type modes but I play this mode a lot. I also heard they added Swat today and maybe griffball? I am sure each week the game will have updates and playlist improvements each week just like the other Halo games.

Forge also has a lot of new improvements like the magnets and the ability to lock objects so you dont move them on purpose. I spent a good 5-6 hours on a map already thats a variety of offroad and other random fun.

H4 is easily the GOTY 2012 for me. I love this game so much I actually bought the avatar warthog and the avatar Halo 4 t shirt. And I never buy stuff for my avatar. Thats how impressed I am with this game. Overall 343 has earned the top spot as my new favorite developer. They have taken a series that was starting to go downhill with ODST and Reach, and have exploded it back into life with H4. 👍

Heck yeah had a lot of great times with you bro. Cant wait to play the 5 new Spartan ops levels and watch the new video tonight. :cheers:

For those that dont know you can check your stats on Halo Waypoint. https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/CAMAROBOY69/home/
Its not quite as user friendly as Bungie.net but its getting there.

54 total hours into Halo 4 so far.
31 hours just in the co-op campaign and I have completed 39 co-op campaign levels.
130 multiplayer games. 64 in big team slayer and team slayer. 48 of those games has been in flood mode. 18 games of Dominion.
My character for spartan ops and the multiplayer is level 39.

Here is what it currently looks like. Looks way better in game. Warfighter helmet is sick especially with the assassin stance.
fbdhxd.png

Thanks. I wish I could post a picture of the assassin stance that I unlocked. Might have to take a picture with my camera. This game has so much amazing armor to pick from that its hard to just stick with one. I switch it up quite often. Unlike Reach where I could never find any armor I liked. In fact I have over 3 million credits in Reach and dont have anything I want to buy with it. I am actually planning to trade in reach as soon as Gamestop has another 50% trade in bonus. I just dont see myself ever playing Reach again. I will still keep Halo 3 because I have always loved that campaign.

The graphics are unbelievable, the environments are so varied. It never feels like the same environment twice which previous halos suffered from. Gotta say I am hugely impressed with 343

I agree. The campaign easily has THE best graphics on the 360. I also agree that each level truly feels and looks different . There also isnt a single level I dont like. I like all of them. Which is not something I could say for previous Halo games.

Here is a closer version of my character in the assassin stance. Oh and my pre-order receipt with 21 codes after ordering 2 Halo 4 games. No joke 21 codes and almost 4 feet long!

zocpkl.jpg

mtm9t5.jpg

The first season is free and a test to see if the community likes it. If its liked by the community I believe they will do another season but I am not sure about this. Its just what I have heard. Currently the first session is 5 missions per week for 10 weeks. So far we have 10 missions completed. 40 more to go. lol

Spartan Ops Episode 3: Chapter 3 and 4 are amazing!!!

Yesterday was officially Spartan Ops Monday again. Played through the co-op Spartan ops yesterday on Legendary and I could not believe how amazing Chapter 3 and 4 were. If you haven not played the Spartan ops then you need to at least try out Episode 3, Chapter 3 and 4. Play on Legendary. Wow

There is also a rumor that they will be bringing back the matchmaking rank numbers like Halo 2 and Halo 3 had. You will still have your SR rank number but next to that will be a different number indicating your online trueskill rank number. Thats supposed to be available sometime around January or February. Really looking forward to that to help balance the game even more.

349851f.jpg

Today is officially "Spartan Ops Monday" again. Week 3 was beyond amazing especially chapter 4. I played that chapter at least 25 times over the week. 👍 With that said I have played at least 600+ games of Halo 4 between co-op campaign, spartan ops, and the multiplayer. My spartan rank is 67. Been loving this game. In fact I have not even hit the eject button since I put Halo 4 in 4 weeks ago. :)

Back