Halo 5: Guardians AnnouncedXBOne 

• Thread starter Parker
  • 11 comments
United States
Kentucky, USA
James_Page
PageyTheSquid
We've known 343 Industries was working on another Halo but it has been officially announced and it is coming out in 2015.

343 Industries has revealed that Halo 5: Guardians will launch on Xbox One in the fall of 2015.

Bonnie Ross, general manager at 343, made the announcement on a blog post that detailed the future of the Halo franchise as a whole. Ross talked about Master Chief's next journey, saying, "Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4. That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

The game will run "at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we've been dreaming of for more than a decade," and will also be powered by a new engine.

Halo for Xbox One -- Rewind Theater
07:55

We got our first glimpse at the next generation of Halo at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, which featured a short teaser showcasing the iconic character trudging across a desert in a poncho.

Ross also hinted at what we'd see from the franchise at this year's E3, stating, "Many fans noted that I was very deliberate with my phrasing on stage at E3 last year. I spoke about a 'journey,' rather than a destination – and that journey definitely begins in 2014 with a giant leap, rather than one small step. We’ll give you much more information about our plans for this year at the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing on June 9, and we’re confident that Halo fans will be pretty excited [about] the special plans we have in store."

We'll have much more on the future of Halo leading up to and through E3 next month.

Source: IGN

I searched and didn't see a Halo 5 thread so my apologies if it already exists. Thoughts? Personally I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4 but 343 definitely made the game look amazing so it will be interesting to see what they can do with the power of the Xbone.

I'm surprised they didn't save the annoucement till E3. Then they could have done a sweet reveal. I'm not all that into Halo but its a decent franchise and 343 has done a good job taking it further. Hopefully this will be a chance for the xbone to shine as they have been having a tough time.

@Robin. There's another Halo they're planning on announcing during E3 apparently. One of the directors at 343i talked about Halo coming to Xbox One in 2014. In the reveal of Halo 5: Guardians on Waypoint, they made a nod to this and mentioned a reveal during E3.

I searched and didn't see a Halo 5 thread so my apologies if it already exists. Thoughts? Personally I wasn't a huge fan of Halo 4 but 343 definitely made the game look amazing so it will be interesting to see what they can do with the power of the Xbone.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/halo-aka-halo-5.287924/
That was the original Halo 5 thread but no one replied so we will just keep this one alive instead. Also don't feel bad, the search engine is a bit hit and miss. I couldn't even find my own Halo 5 thread with the search feature.

@Robin. There's another Halo they're planning on announcing during E3 apparently. One of the directors at 343i talked about Halo coming to Xbox One in 2014. In the reveal of Halo 5: Guardians on Waypoint, they made a nod to this and mentioned a reveal during E3.
I think 343 did an excellent job with Halo 4 so I am looking forward to Halo 5 especially the dedicated servers. I really have no major complaints at all with Halo 4. Truly love that game. I put it right up there with Halo 3.

I am hoping for a return of a few things from Halo 3.
  • English talking enemies
  • Scarabs (They did show a Harvester in Spartan ops so hopefully something like that will make its way into Halo 5. I loved the Scarabs in Halo 3)
  • Brutes

The other game being announced is probably Halo 2 anniversary. Just a guess. Also hopefully Halo 2 anniversary is on the 360.

They also mentioned there will be a Halo tv show in 2015. http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/06/halo-5-guardians-released-fall-2015/

Last edited:
As I said before, I vowed not to purchase H5 AT LAUNCH, after how poorly TMCC experience was.

With that said, I have been seeing a lot of positive feedback for H5. Seems like the dedicated servers and mp run very well with very few issues. Anyone else pick this up? Any opinions? I am thinking about picking it up this Thursday. I am most interested in Warzone and the co-op campaign.

Friend bought XB1 with the game, all excited to play some old co-op campaign ...

... and then they removed split screen, I didn't care because I wasn't following the game, but my friend was pissed off and looking for a refund, for the whole Xbox and game.

Shame really, I wanted to check out the FM6 now I can't (not buying an Xbox solely for it), sometimes I wonder what MS is doing nowadays, it's a huge market share that they are losing now.

Friend bought XB1 with the game, all excited to play some old co-op campaign ...

... and then they removed split screen, I didn't care because I wasn't following the game, but my friend was pissed off and looking for a refund, for the whole Xbox and game.

Shame really, I wanted to check out the FM6 now I can't (not buying an Xbox solely for it), sometimes I wonder what MS is doing nowadays, it's a huge market share that they are losing now.
The last time I used split screen was Timesplitters on the PS2 over 14 years ago. I have been throwing lan parties for MANY years. With the lan parties I throw, everyone brings their own console and own game. I can see some people being disappointed without having split screen. I personally wont be effected at all.

Also you will probably start to see more and more games removing split screen. It has slowly been happening with games.

So I have been talking with a few friends, watched reviews, and watched a lot of forums for this game over the past week. Looks like it had a VERY good launch and the mp had only a few issues. Even worked very well over its first weekend. Seems like they redeemed themselves after TMCC. SOooooooo last night I bought it. :)

Played a game of Warzone and absolutely LOVE that mode. It is basically a mix of BF4, Titanfall, and Halo BTB all in 1 game.

Warzone:
  • 24 players (there are technically about 40+ people on the map if you include all the AI bosses and enemies).
  • AI boss battles
  • AI enemies including covenant and prometheans
  • AI friendlies and enemies at each base
  • No team killing
  • JIP (Join in progress) love this feature
  • AFK team members get auto kicked
  • Unlimited sprint
  • Requisition packs to spawn vehicles or weapons as you earn points
This mode is an absolute blast.

Only played the campaign for about 10 minutes. I will jump into that as a co-op tonight.

Finally played through the co-op campaign over the weekend. The one nice new feature added to H5 is the fact the entire co-op campaign has JIP. (join in progress). You can drop in and out seamlessly. However, this can only be done with friends. So if your friends are not on, you have to play the co-op solo. Overall the campaign is interesting. 2 of the levels you don't even fight enemies which is disappointing. I am also still really confused with the entire Cortana situation. :dunce:

Overall H6 has been enjoyable. Luckily H5 is not a repeat of TMCC. The H5 campaign is decent and mp is fun. Warzone is by far my favorite mp mode. I am pretty sure they are adding BTB in today or sometime this week. Plus with ALL the maps being free, the mp should remain entertaining. Forge comes possibly next month. Along with 48 new reqs and this brutal assassination. Yes he jams a knife in the head and rams it in with the knee.

shove_it_542_02-ed65443af42a43bebb12f692513c760d.gif

Last edited:
Back