Handling error, cant seam to turn full lock?

New Zealand
dunedin NZ
Godzilla_GTR
Godzilla_GTR
So, I came across this bug/glitch/physics fail, that many others have also noticed(I thought it was a controller error, was contemplating another t300 purchase to remedy the situation, was making sure it was only controller having the issue….nope) …however, It’s not a bug, if you watch the replay you will see the tire contact the fender. Once this happens the game will no longer let you turn any further. It took a few hours of investigating, but I’m 99% it is intended. After around 30mins I had narrowed it down to 4wd/awd vehicles. Spent some time playing with front diff setting, purchased the extended angle kit etc untill I finally noticed it in a replay of my r32 Gtr around Tsukuba. With the front ride height any lower than 100mm with 2.8 front spring stiffness it is impossible to catch any sort of slide, steering maxes out at about 1/3 full lock. Can even see it in the steering indicator on the hud. The red dot won’t even go completely to the side. Stay above that and it is perfectly fine. Pretty cool detail, just wish it wasn’t so hard to identify. They could have atleast made the controller rumble 100% when fender contact is made, so you have some sort of inclination that something was wrong with the car setup.

It's not a bug, glitch, failure, or error. It's a tuning error by the user. You seem to have figured out what was going on in your own post so I'm not sure why you're asking the question. Just like in real life, if you lower a car too much you're going to run into clearance issues. We aren't playing Gran Turismo 2 anymore, the tires don't simply clip through the body of the car. Just like in real life, it takes some investigating and testing to see if your setup is working properly, and in the case of steering angle it's as simple as watching how far your wheels can turn from either the exterior or interior views.

Back