Hankook GT WORLD CUP -- Complete

Discussion in 'GTS Online Racing & Leagues' started by Wilo28, Dec 9, 2017.

1. damonc84

damonc84

no worries, was running late and was a crap shoot weather id make it in time or not

2. Wilo28

Wilo28

there was an incident on the final lap, Canita got disconnected hit LEDTHIRON from behind causing him to go from 4th to 8th, QW and Z both passed him and will keep the points earned for those positions. LED will also be earn 4th place points.

nba336 and LedtheIron like this.
  3. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

Oh saw that incident and had no idea what happened. Glad he’s keeping his points. He deserved 4th place! Outsmarted me with his strategy.

LedtheIron and Z Crazy like this.
  4. Z Crazy

Z Crazy

I saw it, and it looked out of character (for Canita) from a distance so that makes more sense.

qwbufp and LedtheIron like this.
  5. Wilo28

Wilo28

STANDINGS GT.JPG

updated standings

LedtheIron likes this.
  6. LedtheIron

LedtheIron

Thanks for understanding guys. It was an amazing race!

qwbufp likes this.
  7. Wilo28

Wilo28

Round 2 lobby open, maintenance scheduled for later tonight, we must start on time.

8. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

If that’s tolerated in your league @Wilo28 I’m gone after this crazy behaviour:

He admitted he gave me the choice between a crash or lifting... I would’ve given him room by going wide. Crashing people on purpose to maintain your position is stupid and has to stop.

Tricks_69 likes this.
  9. Wilo28

Wilo28

Under review, will have resolution for this by tomorrow.

Tricks_69 and qwbufp like this.
  10. Wilo28

Wilo28

STANDINGS GT.JPG

updated standings

11. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye on the thread. See you soon.

12. damonc84

damonc84

Sent ya a DM @Wilo28 feel free to message back at your convenience.

13. Manasseh257NSX

Manasseh257NSX

@Wilo28 have you seen the new Kyoto Yamagiwa track? I think that would be a good add on to the Thursday race. It's still Yamagiwa, just extended. Think it'd be cool to use that track instead of the short layout? It feels great!

damonc84, qwbufp and 123yokomo like this.
  14. Wilo28

Wilo28

I Saw that, but we'll stick to the schedule.

15. Earth

Earth

Fuel mileage is an issue. The corvette could go 8 laps on fuel at the richest setting, other cars less maybe more

Maybe consider ditching fuel until they balance it. To force pitstops, increase the tire wear just a bit

16. Wilo28

Wilo28

After watching the incident from both points of view, there wont be any points adjusted or discipline handed down.
    However Damon I understand you were ahead and had a right to the line, you should have left enough room for the driver behind you.
    QW you should have let up a bit and followed instead of trying to go two wide considering the situation. both drivers took the aggressive rout and unfortunately QW got the worst of it. It happens.

At the end of the day its unfortunate what happened and could have been avoided. Things like this should be avoided and going forward I expect better judgement from everyone this series. I do not want to go back to light damage since I believe this group can run heavy with no issues.

damonc84, qwbufp and LedtheIron like this.
  17. Wilo28

Wilo28

its going to take two stops if you run rich. The cars are different but I believe they are very balanced. perfect? probably not. but but all cars are competitive.

Manasseh257NSX and LedtheIron like this.
  18. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

i thought i recognised that livery

19. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

That’s a fair assessment. I was caught by surprise by the Genesis inside and misjudged the situation. The conversation in the lobby after the race is what made me the most furious honestly.

Thanks @Wilo28 and see you for round 3! Happy Holidays!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  20. damonc84

damonc84

Yeah, was getting about 10 laps per tank on the Mustang, but I was also like 2 seconds off your fast time so..........lol

21. Manasseh257NSX

Manasseh257NSX

ohhh okay :D:(

I feel that's what gives the race so much strategy and intensity haha I was able to run damn near 12 laps with 2 remaining with my fuel map set to 3 and 4. It put the pressure on me to keep a consistent line so I wouldn't lose a whole lot of time lol. And to me that's how it should be, No room for comfort, and on edge until you really pull away to a coasting position.

Z Crazy and damonc84 like this.
  22. Z Crazy

Z Crazy

I definitely took fuel consumption in to consideration when I chose a car. Honestly, that was my biggest consideration. I even realized I made a little mistake and the car that I really wanted was then taken. If you didn't recognize that, I'd have to say that was an oversight. Don't mistake this as being harsh, because I get how easy it was to miss, but I don't think I should be penalized for someone else's oversight.

And yes, there is a huge difference in the mileage I'd say the worst I tested, gets about 35% worse mileage than the best car. But there is also difference in the cars' drivability.

23. Wilo28

Wilo28

That's why the series settings are what they are. Nobody can drive on "1" and stop only once.

LedtheIron likes this.
  24. Z Crazy

Z Crazy

Yeah, I love the settings as they are. I do think PD made some mistakes on which cars are good on gas and which ones are not. I couldn't find a reason for the differences other than maybe how much BOP adjustment were made to the power settings. But... I didn't understand how the 4C was nearly the worse with a boosted 4 Cyl. and very little weight.

25. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

Fuel tank size?

26. Z Crazy

Z Crazy

Could be, but I would assume since these are based on GT3 cars the tank would be set to a specified size. I know in the past they were mostly 100L, that would make sense as they all read 100L on the fuel gauge as well.

On a separate note, the BOP adjustments they made last night are gonna suck for some (raised hand) and be praised by others.
    McLaren - Power (+2%) Weight (+5%)
    Genesis - Power (+2%) Weight (+5%)
    Corvette - Power (-4%) and Weight (+1%)
    AMG - Power (-2%)
    Mustang - Power (-3%)
    M6 - Power (+1%) Weight (+1%)
    RCZ - Power (+1%) Weight (+8%)
    Lambo - Power (-1%) Weight (+2%)
    Porsche - Weight (+3%)
    NSX - Power (-4%) Weight (+2%)

Leagues/Series are gonna be tough with these moving targets.

27. TNR_KING_FILO

TNR_KING_FILO

the NSX was terrible to begin with but now...

28. qwbufp

qwbufp (Banned)

Fuel consumption is already bad with the Genesis. It might make it worse. At least, it’ll have a bit more power on the long straight at Yamagiwa.

TNR_KING_FILO likes this.
  29. damonc84

damonc84

@Wilo28 are car/team changes allowed? this will be my one for the remainder of this season.

30. Wilo28

Wilo28

Car changes are not permitted.

damonc84 likes this.