Happy 100th Birthday!

I ate Oreos for the first time last year, they are getting more popular here because of a new ad campaign. Anyway: Happy Birthday and I really want to try everything posted on the first page.

I want to eat ALL the Oreos!!!

Now I want an Oreo. And before I clicked on this thread, I thought we had a user name Oreo that just turned 100.

Wait, you give them to your dog?

Sure, as a reward for getting a trick right.

You ought to see the amount of offcut rare beef carvings she gets on a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from carving 10+ joints of beef at my weekend job. One spoiled pooch.

I just killed half a package of oreo's thanks to this thread.

spun - do you not know that chocolate is very bad for dogs, and can kill them?

Not all dogs. Some dogs can tolerate some chocolate. If they ingest too much though....

I sometimes feed my big dogs Oreos, but m little dog is stupid and has almost killed herself a few times do to chocolate eating :lol:

Chocolate is bad for them, but essentially it's cocoa that's the killer. Very small amounts such as those in a single Oreo biscuit isn't ideal for a dogs health but by the same degree won't do any kind of long term damage.

I believe Theobromine is the cause but it would take feeding my border something close to half a kilo of milk chocolate to put her in a dangerous situation. Which of course I would never do.

A single Oreo every now and again? Not so much to worry.

EDIT: On a side note, don't feed your dog grapes, as these can do serious damage.

Chocolate is bad for them, but essentially it's cocoa that's the killer. Very small amounts such as those in a single Oreo biscuit isn't ideal for a dogs health but by the same degree won't do any kind of long term damage.

I believe Theobromine is the cause but it would take feeding my border something close to half a kilo of milk chocolate to put her in a dangerous situation. Which of course I would never do.

A single Oreo every now and again? Not so much to worry.

EDIT: On a side note, don't feed your dog grapes, as these can do serious damage.
Didn't know that, interesting. Whats wrong with grapes?

Didn't know that, interesting. Whats wrong with grapes?

Mad enough but no real research has been done on the area. Its just known that allowing a dog to eat loads of grapes causes some kind of toxic poisoning.

My sweet tooth is always aiming at those Oreos :D . For now though, I need to hold back on eating an Oreo, thanks in part to my braces :mad:. But every now and then I *sneak* one or two Oreos. Can't...Let...Them...Go :lol:

I have always loved Oreos. I've only tasted original and the candy cane ones around Christmas but I want to try every flavor. Also, my family hates the special 100th anniversary Oreos but I love them.

Back