hard tests? (to get gold)

• Thread starter Peace
  • 32 comments
hey

Is anyone else having trouble to get gold in about one test per colour?
eg. The rally one at the end of the first section
umm cant be bother looking, but the one with the green citroen i think with only a first gear and a perpetualy gearbox where you have to get round the hairpin?
(ill prolly come back on with the number of the test later) and a couple of others...
But the the rest i have gotten gold first go or a few after... bit wierd but some are excruciatingly harder!
Just wanna know if anyone else got this?
Peace

p.s. oh and one other thing. whats with the TCS system on the racing nsx used for the new york course test? its quite unusual.. it looks like its ABS reversed haha

yep.....same here, i did green all gold but the last one (the rally one) all i can get is sliver, its soooo annoying.....but u can get passed it eventually if u just try and beat your ghost a couple of times. :D

I can't get the last green test, the rally one, #6 right either.

I'm 1 sec off the pace and only get silver as well. Frustrating.

Well if you think thats tough, try doing it with a "bugged" version of the game and doing those multi car overtaking test ! Man, that really kills you time. :banghead:

Yeah I noticed, a really comforting voice as I always watch(ed) Top Gear. The lesson #6 is a real pain, I just passed it... But believe me, it's worth getting everything gold, even in the first series of tests. I won't say why because that would be a spoiler.

Oh that Suzuki Alto Works/Rally Test is a pain in the arse.

What's more annoying is that when I golded Lesson 4 by only a half second, I got 315 points for it, yet when I gold Lesson 30 by FIFTEEN seconds and Lesson 31 by eleven seconds I got 116 and 112 points. Gah!

for that Alto Works / Grand Canyon Mini gold:

- first of all get a good boost at the start (that could really help u - like half a second or more);

- braking didn't occur to me as an option;

- i switched to 3rd gear right before 2nd turn (and used that gear for the rest of the test);

- 1st corner - drift: during 1st lap u don't really have to drive on that ideal line - instead try to stay in the centre (or slightly right if u really need but don't over-do it) then start closing in the corner and when ur near it - there's this moment when u need ot attack it - it's right before it seems reasonable (so its a blind hunch - or even 0.2 secs before that blind hunch) - if done correcly u move very close past that apex "wall" and lose only tiny bit of ur speed, during 2nd lap and onwards try to do a slight feint motion with accel off before the corner and then try to attack it by drifting as much as possible so that after u exit apex, u go forward in the centre of track - try not to over-drift and nearly hit the bend;

- 2nd corner - drift: at first i tried this with accel off and grip, but later found out that it can be taken much faster if u ram into that corner with a drift, and then if necessary at some point, move ur foot half-way up on the accel and play with it - point here is not to slide out and star the next corner from the inside of this corner;

- 3rd corner - small drift: do not try enter this corner too early (right after u see it) or u may find it difficult to tackle it - instead try to stay in last corner's inside a lil longer and when u leave there try to do a very short drift around its apex (accel half way up for a sec if necessary) - so that after that u can grip thru the rest of the corner and head straight for next corner (here its really not a good idea to slide out before next corner);

- 4th corner - grip: no tactics really if last corner was taken properly - head for the outside of the next corner;

- last corner - grip(!): here its a really good idea to grip - when u approach the corner from the outside, move ur foot nearly off the accel - do this a lil earlier than what that "ideal" painted line suggests, then play with accel until ur half way thru, and try not to slide - ideal line here is imo a lil left of the painted line - its one of the most important corners as it defines what speed u will have on this course's longest straight, u could let ur rear end slide a bit after the mid section of this corner;

- try to keep ur cool and get a rhythm so u can take all corners the way u want - on my gold run i got a lil over-confident on last lap when my ghost started disappearing from the rear-view mirror on that long straight and messed 3rd corner a lil up - i know i lost some 0.3-0.4 secs there :(

Yeah, for that 6 lesson, just another tip:

For the 2nd to 3rd to 4th corner try to link them. Try to make the 3rd corner almost a straight line. Also the exit speed of the last corner is crucial. Exit fast every time and the gold will come easy.

Well I've got nearly everything gold, and I'm stuck on the last time trial with the Mitsubishi Evo on Tsukuba, its really irritating because I can't match the pace of the demo. To make it worse I've been playing hard since Friday and my fingers are sore.

All I need is this gold and I've finished the game.

I'll admit im not the greatest GT driver; so does anyone have anytips for lesson 13, The Takata Dome NSX on New York. It's just that I hate the New York track and I only need this gold to get all golds on the blue section. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Ed.

i'm also currently there - it's just that... i played japanese version with joypad and only few last tests were hard to get gold. now playing with wheel... i don't like this test at all - this track itself is probably to blame - takata nsx is really a good car with exceptional brakes - even that, i dislike this test - i know i could easily get gold with a joypad but unless i master it with wheel, i feel like grasping at straws later when i have to compete there... that said, i'll probably take a break from playing that now when the exams are coming - well, also because summer is long and there's always this chance that gt4 will slip...

Originally posted by ALPHA
Well I've got nearly everything gold, and I'm stuck on the last time trial with the Mitsubishi Evo on Tsukuba, its really irritating because I can't match the pace of the demo. To make it worse I've been playing hard since Friday and my fingers are sore.

Dive very deep into the corners, it should feel like youre overbraking and cut apex at the last quarter of the turn (all 3 "hairpins"), it gives you best speed on the following straight. That was my recipe for gold on that test. :)

Originally posted by GTJugend
Dive very deep into the corners, it should feel like youre overbraking and cut apex at the last quarter of the turn (all 3 "hairpins"), it gives you best speed on the following straight. That was my recipe for gold on that test. :)
Awesome thanks for the tip! I made a mistake in typing that I actually had the Ford GT on New York and the Fuji time trial to go. I spent yesterday on New York working my way to Gold and just clinched it, the key I feel was getting speed out of the first hairpin and the last corner.

Laster on tonight I'll try Tsukuba, 👍

Originally posted by eddieturner2002
I'll admit im not the greatest GT driver; so does anyone have anytips for lesson 13, The Takata Dome NSX on New York. It's just that I hate the New York track and I only need this gold to get all golds on the blue section. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Ed.

Anyone, please?

Well eddie, as I recall that test, quite obvious but the key is high speed through all the 90 degree turns. Try to find out what gear and speed fits everý corner best, which let you accelerate at the apex with the smallest margin of not nudging the wall exiting the corner. And brake VERY late into the first corner. And when travelling into the roundabout you can brake much later than the red-blue line suggests.

As said, some quite obvious but that´s all I can say.

Originally posted by GTJugend
Well eddie, as I recall that test, quite obvious but the key is high speed through all the 90 degree turns. Try to find out what gear and speed fits everý corner best, which let you accelerate at the apex with the smallest margin of not nudging the wall exiting the corner. And brake VERY late into the first corner. And when travelling into the roundabout you can brake much later than the red-blue line suggests.

As said, some quite obvious but that´s all I can say.

I guess i'm a little throttle-happy as I seem to always understeer a tad round the 90's. I watched a video of a 3'10' gold time and he dived low into the 1st corner to get max speed out, took good fast lines through the 90 sections and cut a straight line for the last corner after the roundabout. Hopefully I should have gold soon.

Anways, thanks GTJ

Originally posted by eddieturner2002
I guess i'm a little throttle-happy as I seem to always understeer a tad round the 90's.

That´s disasterous. Get the corners tight and you should have gold in notime. :)

Thanks for your help GTJugend I finished the game with golds. The times aren't the best on Tsukuba, New York and Fuji but I'm happy.

I'm pretty peeved off the HSC is a dumb car to get with all golds. I would have preferred the M5 or the Ford GT.

Thanks for your help GTJugend I finished the game with golds. The times aren't the best on Tsukuba, New York and Fuji but I'm happy.

I'm pretty peeved off the HSC is a dumb car to get with all golds. I would have preferred the M5 or the Ford GT.

No problem. Yup, the M5 would have suited better as "finish all" car.

I still have the one lap TT at grand canyon and citta left to get gold on, won't be able to do them in another week as my final exam for the term is up.

There is, in fact, no 'all golds' car. The HSC is the bonus car for getting gold on all purple lessons, just as the M5 is the bonus car for getting gold on all the orange lessons.

Originally posted by Arwin
There is, in fact, no 'all golds' car. The HSC is the bonus car for getting gold on all purple lessons, just as the M5 is the bonus car for getting gold on all the orange lessons.
Woops, I made a big booboo, I was infact referring to the purple section prize car ~ Silly me :dunce:

I need one gold to complete the full collection, I cannot manage the time trial with the Ford GT round New York, I have done 1:31.081, and that is most likely cos I lifted the throttle slightly exiting last turn. It's so annoying, I beat some of the tests convincingly, but not this!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt W

Some tests on PAL are much easier then ones on Japanese version.

It comes to front when you race 10 laps of F1 on Fisco where PAL GTOne is much slower.

Other tests are mostly the same, but none of them is hard as tests in GT3, or whatever "full-game". Guess that real challenges are still awaiting in the full-release.

Advice for all: in Prologue, everything is in "slow in - fast out" philosophy. Car physics behaviour is much different then in previous games, and bigger speed in corner can take up to one second. New York is the place to learn that. You have to break very early for every 90' turn, and then pass it out as fast you can. Once you master that, you'll be surprised how slow you were before. Same at Citta di Aria, same at every other course.

The test #13 is really annoying me, thanks everyone for the tips! It's the only gold I've got left on page 1, along with the FordGT@NY and the Evo@Tsukuba on page 2.

ALPHA

Yeah, I know what u mean....that evo test was the worst.....I'm just relieved at getting all gold with the buggy japan version....The HSC prize car is kinda ok but its brakes arent what i expected. it was surprisingly fast around tsukuba tho cuz i managed a 1:00:3xx using the steering wheel.

Back