Hardest and easiest cars to tune

• Thread starter ArticTrust
  • 31 comments
United States
Florida
ArticTrust
I'm curious as to everyones tuning experience so I ask what are your top 3 hardest and top 3 easiest cars to tune for drag. (I also want to do spark more interest to this board so please refrain from starting any thing, thanks)
Easiest:
Viper SRT 13
Honda Integra dc5 04
Ford GT 05

Hardest:
GTR Nismo 2013
Lotus Elise race car 02
Ferrari F40

I'm not sure about easiest cars besides the GT-R's because a lot of cars come easy to me but I'd have to say that the hardest cars that I've tuned are the Mobil 1 NSX, Suzuki Escudo, and the Diablo's, there are others but these take the cake with their bog issues.

I'm not sure about easiest cars besides the GT-R's because a lot of cars come easy to me but I'd have to say that the hardest cars that I've tuned are the Mobil 1 NSX, Suzuki Escudo, and the Diablo's, there are others but these take the cake with their bog issues.
Slam the nsx.

Easiest:
R35
MP4
ZR1

Hardest:
Diablo GT2
Auto Union V16
Most RWD/AWD under 150 horsepower
I can definitely agree with the last one bro. Tuning the schwimmwagen was a pain in gt5 especially when it came to the proper shifting.

Auto Union V16
Honda Odessy

Most hard cars have extremely specific powerbands, extremely low power, or extremely finicky gears.

Easy cars:

Any car that doesn't have that

Slam the nsx.

Slamming a car causes more grip I first noticed this on the Spec V, I had it raised and I eventually decided to try slamming it and I used the same tune just with the ride height slammed and it caused me to bog more, I still picked up but it barely did. Slamming the NSX wont work because it already has a bog issue I don't want to make it worse, it's all in the gearing and how you shift it, it's tricky, took me a week to tune it.

1st gear ride out to 20 is what I got, my nsx 06 in gt5 ran 9.3 and destroyed normal 9.3 cars in the launch but it used min max

I thought one of the NSX Proto ran in the mid 9s? Maybe it's been a while since I checked, but I thought one was lower than 9.8.

I thought one of the NSX Proto ran in the mid 9s? Maybe it's been a while since I checked, but I thought one was lower than 9.8.
Proto's ran 10.0 on its best days. If it had better suspension than it'd definitely be a 9.9/.8 car.

All the NSX on the old leaderboard were well into the 10"s.
There terrible shift points and lack of rear suspension killed these cars off for most. I didn't think all the NSX's even made it on the board?

There terrible shift points and lack of rear suspension killed these cars off for most. I didn't think all the NSX's even made it on the board?
They weren't. But no times were in the 9's that were posted.

Back