Hardness of the Nascar extreme championship.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greisen
  • 11 comments
  • 1,286 views
Messages
480
Denmark
Denmark
Messages
Greisen
Hi dudes, What is the hardness level of the nascar championship in a spec?
 
I agree, yellow. BUT, that's with patience and skill to drive in packs (versus flat-out speed and turning perfect laps). I prefer that group racing versus perfection.
 
I found all of them okay to race, but be very careful on the last one... Daytona is an absolute killer... all 12 (or is it 16) of you are literally in fighting for 1st the whole race long...
 
I found all of them okay to race, but be very careful on the last one... Daytona is an absolute killer... all 12 (or is it 16) of you are literally in fighting for 1st the whole race long...

This. 👍

Daytona is a battleground... those were the longest and most punishing 10 laps of my entire GT5 carreer :scared:
 
With the right tune you can win all races easily so daytona won't matter. Still loads of fun though.
 
Most of the events are easy. Just tune your gear ratios to the max speed of the track.

For Daytona draft up to the lead car and when you get to him push him around the track. The 2 of you will pull away from the pack. Then pass him just before the finish line for the easy win.
 
Easy in A-Spec, hope for the best in B-Spec. I recommend getting your Bob's driving level close to 30 before attempting this event. Funny thing is I've never completed this championship in A-Spec with all gold. I golded all of the races easily except the last one (Superspeedway Daytona). I had the lead but I was falling asleep, hit the wall, flipped over and lost the race. I never went back to it because I hate NASCAR. :)
 
For an easy win. A-spec & B-spec. also break your nascar in before going to the event, you dont need to but it makes it easier.

INDIANAPOLIS
Top Speed: 236mph

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -20 Front, -20 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front, 19.0 Rear
Damper Extension: 9 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 Front, 7 Rear

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front, 0.0 Rear
Toe: .00 Front, .02 Rear
Brakes: 0 Front, 0 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 50 Front, 70 Rear

Strategy: Push, Push, Push. Simply use overtake for the first lap or so and you should have the lead near the end of the first or beginning of the second lap. From there, increase pace continuously for a few laps to build a lead so the other cars cannot draft you. Once you've built a good lead, increase pace once or twice every lap to maintain a large gap between you and the rest of the field.

GRAND VALLEY
Top Speed: 211mph

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -20 Front, -20 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front, 19.0 Rear
Damper Extension: 9 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 Front, 7 Rear

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
Toe: .00 Front, .02 Rear
Brakes: 5 Front, 3 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 50 Front, 70 Rear

Strategy: Run slow for most of the track to preserve your tires. Overtake only on the long straight away at the finish line and the straight across the bridge. Opponent’s cars will eventually spin out and your driver should take the lead late in the 6th lap. Once he has the lead you can pretty much leave him alone as the other cars will continue to spin out and shouldn’t catch him.

HIGH SPEED RING
Top Speed: 236mph

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -20 Front, -20 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front, 19.0 Rear
Damper Extension: 9 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 Front, 7 Rear

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front 0.0 Rear
Toe: .00 Front, .02 Rear
Brakes: 5 Front, 3 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 50 Front, 70 Rear

Strategy: Here, simply use over take for the entire track, except for the long straight where I recommend using increase pace. When you get the lead, use increase pace continuously for a lap or two to get a decent lead. Once you have a good lead, just increase pace once or twice per lap to maintain it.

LAGUNA SECA
Top Speed: 211mph

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: -20 Front, -20 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front, 19.0 Rear
Damper Extension: 9 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 Front, 7 Rear

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front, 0.0 Rear
Toe: .00 Front, .02 Rear
Brakes: 5 Front, 3 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 50 Front, 70 Rear

Strategy: You can use overtake for most of the first half of the track. The places I recommend you slow down are the 1st turn (hairpin)and after the corkscrew until the long straight. Those seem to be places most prone to spinning. Use increase pace for the long straight, and overtake from the hairpin until the corkscrew. You should get the lead around lap 6 or 7. After that, give him an increase pace on the straight stretch of each lap to maintain your lead, and slow him down or maintain pace to save tires for the rest of the track.

DAYTONA
Top Speed: 236mph

Suspension:
Ride Height Adjustment: 0 Front, -15 Rear
Spring Rate: 18.5 Front, 19.0 Rear
Damper Extension: 9 Front, 10 Rear
Damper Compression: 4 Front, 4 Rear
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 Front, 7 Rear

Wheel Alignment:
Camber: 0.0 Front, 0.0 Rear
Toe: .00 Front, .02 Rear
Brakes: 0 Front, 0 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Downforce: 50 Front, 70 Rear

Strategy: This seems to be the one everyone has trouble with. I got it on the first try with this setup. Basically the same as Indianapolis. Use overtake until you have the lead. You should have the lead by lap 3 or 4. Once you do, continuously use increase pace to build and maintain a lead so the other cars cannot draft you. You must do this continuously until the end of the race to win.
 
MoLiEG
This. 👍

Daytona is a battleground... those were the longest and most punishing 10 laps of my entire GT5 carreer :scared:

Most punishing? You OBVIOUSLY have not done the FGT Championship yet. Prepare for sweat and having someone pry your fingers off your wheel after that affair...although now you can save between races, so that'll help!
 
Hi dudes, What is the hardness level of the nascar championship in a spec?

Most of it's pretty easy. My NASCAR buddies always go on about how heavy the cars are and how hard they are to drive, but those same people simply watch it on television rather than ever actually doing it, whether in real life or even just virtually. After all that hype I hopped into a Cup car in GT5 and was surprised by how easy they were to drive, though in hind sight I really shouldn't have been. Even though crude relative to so many other racing series, they're still purpose-built race cars and handle better than most production cars.

The only place you should really have any trouble is on the last race at Daytona. This is because of the nature of that sort of racing. With the exception of Indy, the other races in this series are on road courses (sort of odd considering that they barely touch road circuits in reality), so it's hard for the other cars to catch up from behind since there's limited drafting opportunity. On Daytona it's everybody drafting everybody, so being behind somebody makes them faster than the car ahead of them, meaning that the guy behind you is faster than you and will definitely try overtaking you all the time.

However, there's a way you can take the fangs from the Daytona race's mouth, which I'll get to momentarily....

I found all of them okay to race, but be very careful on the last one... Daytona is an absolute killer... all 12 (or is it 16) of you are literally in fighting for 1st the whole race long...

Once I turned off ABS (I used to run ABS 1 in all events, but later started running ABS 0 in all events), the Daytona race was a breeze, since it crippled ASM which slows you down. However, I don't know if you can still do that (I know you can't in the Special events). If not, then instead set ABS to 10 and then brake bias to 0/0. That weakens if not eliminates the pesky ASM. When I done the race with ABS 0, I pulled away from the pack and never saw them again except off in the distance in my rear view mirror.

I only read the first handful of replies, so hopefully I'm not just repeating stuff that's already been said.
 
I found all of them okay to race, but be very careful on the last one... Daytona is an absolute killer... all 12 (or is it 16) of you are literally in fighting for 1st the whole race long...

This. 👍

Daytona is a battleground... those were the longest and most punishing 10 laps of my entire GT5 carreer :scared:

i found it a closer race than what im used to, Laguna Seca was harder (Last lap, no grip, coming out of the last turn, spun off, first to seventh in 3 seconds) and daytona is insane (i got rammed into a spin countless times and ended up in 10th:grumpy:)
 
Back