Has anybody done an engine rebuild or chassis rebuild yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter porkchop87
  • 57 comments
  • 17,834 views
I was in expert at the PD Championship at Trial Mountain with my tuned 458 Italia. I was so far ahead by the end of the first lapi started to just playaround. I hit the bump on the final turn and caught full air. second lap same thing. 3rd lap i rolled it. 4th i caught air. on the fifth lap i rolled it again. Except that lap i totalled it and got a trophy for it. I still won the race since i barrel rolled across the line. the chassis restoration was like 180,000 but i didnt do it.
 
I didnt even drive my bugatti and its 500,000 to do the chassis rebuild.
 
Yep, I did it on my stealth models and they cost 500 cr!! Don't like the way it cost 500,000 cr for the exotic/LMP models.
 
I bought a Ferrari Italia, tuned it up a little, used it for many races and already put around 640km (397 miles) on it.... out of curiosity I checked if I could rebuild the engine or chassis and found that I can already do both...

Engine - 84,000 cr
Chassis - 148,000 cr

Does the more expensive the rebuild cost mean the more damage/wear my car has taken? Are these rebuilds worth it? Is the cost relative to the more expensive the car was to purchase? I haven't really noticed sluggish performance or lower HP, but maybe I've forgotten what my car used to be like? And man, that was quick, will I have to do this this often? This is going to cost me a fortune to maintain...

I think it is based on
1: the car in question
2: number of miles driven

The engine rebuild and Chassis maintainence seems to be a fixed price by car and you can do this much more often than the car actually needs it.

On the high end cars it is $500,000 anytime it is available. If you do not rebuild the engine it will begin to loose power. How much I do not know. Maybe it stops loosing at some point liek it did in GT4 and maybe not.

I do know that when I bought my FGT it would allow me to rebuild the engine for 500k and I did not do it. Changed the oil and it had 925 hp now after racing in several events mostly B-Spec and of course the FGT race the car is down to 890hp after an oil change. I have been thinking about rebuilding it but I think I am going to wait and see if it bottoms out at some point just for future reference.
 
I've used a Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce ('09) throughout many of the events. After awhile, the car would slide in and out of corners, and a bit after that, I could barely turn the car anymore. I had the engine (118,000 cr.) and chassis (197,000 cr.) restored and the car drove like when I first used it.
 
meh... :-/ I have a Zonda R... I just did the oil change, I gained 35bhp after a bit more than 1000km. Now, I have a bit more than 700bhp.
But both engine and chassis rebuild cost 500.000cr... that's 1.000.000 all in all... and I would really like to know how big the difference is...
 
This is pure speculation, but the only way to assess if the chassis refresh option works is to measure lap times. You have to be consistent enough to be within half a second from your top times to even notice it.

From what I noticed even if you race 20 laps around Suzuka circuit you won't notice the need to refresh a chassis unless you EXIT the practice session. When I next reentered after said 20 laps I noticed my lap times dropped significantly. After two hours of attempting to get within a second of my lap times, ghost present at all times, and trying to overcome everything through technique alone I couldn't get within ONE second or less of my overall best. The session before I was literally spewing out consistent times around my best lap.

I'll try to scrounge up money for a chassis refresh but i don't know if that'll happen by my race tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
meh... :-/ I have a Zonda R... I just did the oil change, I gained 35bhp after a bit more than 1000km. Now, I have a bit more than 700bhp.
But both engine and chassis rebuild cost 500.000cr... that's 1.000.000 all in all... and I would really like to know how big the difference is...
The difference is larger the more time has passed. The engine will drop power as it wears and the body will loose handling as it twists.

My FGT for example should have 935 hp but now after an oil change it has 884 so that 500k will buy me 51hp at this point. If I wait longer the power will likely continue to drop but may level off at some point. I am running it to see just how low it will go but I have noticed Bob having more trouble controlling the car the last couple of races so it may be in for a refresh very soon. It has about 10,000 miles on it now.

btw My Zonda R has 956hp
 
I just did a engine rebuild on my RM Carmaro '10(I have clocked up almost 1000km with it) it had 566hp before and after the rebuild it's the same.

53 thousand Credits down the drain.:ouch:
 
I just did a engine rebuild on my RM Carmaro '10(I have clocked up almost 1000km with it) it had 566hp before and after the rebuild it's the same.

53 thousand Credits down the drain.:ouch:

:ouch:
 
guys I dont think engine overhaul is giving you the hp you think IT IS REALLY THE FREE OIL CHANGE THAT COMES WITH A ENGINE OVERHAUL THAT DOES THE TRICK think of the engine overhaul as a way to refresh engine response
 
Taken me 5000km+ for my engine to slowly but surley going on my MINOLTA, oil change every endurance and after around 3000km (after having 2000km on it) its gone from 1040BHP to 1020BHP, it can probably do 2000km more before it drops under 1000BHP, and thats only 40 BHP lost, engine rehaul is not needed that often.
 
I've noticed that, if you TRY to refurb an engine that's in good nick, IT TELLS YOU you don't to. Don't know about chassis refurbs, but you might just try to take a new car there, or one that you've driven little.

As with all motorsports, ONLY real way to tell is to record lap times. You see a consistent drop off after a while, it might be time. But if you are still WINNING, why bother?
 
I did the engine rebuild on my R34 Skyline and my HP jumped from 651bhp to 771bhp. Now I agree the free oil change had a little to do with that, but not 120hp. I bought the car used, and the rebuild cost me 11k, so I would say it is worth it if you buy a used car and use it a lot (I use that Skyline for almost everything (haven't unlocked extreme races yet) and it's just running great, then did the engine rebuild and insta extra 120hp. I'd say it's worth it if your car is used and you've been using it a lot.
 
The engine rebuild does give you horsepower back.

Example: the Formula GT, which is only available from the used lot. When you first acquire it, the horsepower is at 833 hp, if I remember correctly. An oil change puts it to 879 hp I believe, and the engine rebuild put mine at 939 hp. I did those things in that exact order.
 
An engine rebuild gives you an oil change for free (or at least included in the price!). Shouldn't need to get an oil change FIRST...
 
I've done One Engine Overhaul on my Minolta as its the car with the Most Miles on it .

That was at 2.500 Miles and it Cost 500.000cr

The Car is now Coming up to 5.000 Miles so its maybe going in again soon for another

What I do Notice is when the Miles go up and the Oil starts to get Dirty the Power Ouput Starts to Drop at its lowest its 991BHP at its Highest its 1040BHP

Being as that Minolta has Earnt me god knows how many Millions of CR Paying for the Overhaul seems cheap

Maybe it doesn't make a difference I really don't know but i'll do it and its the only car out of of over 100 I have that actually gets Washed aswell :lol:
 
Here is the deal:
As soon as you drive the car, the engine overhaul and chassis rebuild options become available.
Chassis Rebuild = 50% of car's purchase price or value
Engine Overhaul = 30% of car's purchase price or value

That's all there is to it. Damage doesn't cause chassis rebuild to show up. driving causes it.

makes me feel a little better about my situation because i was intentionally ramming my cars into walls at 230mph
 
Not sure why anyone would drop 500,000cr. on something they just have a FEELING about. Why not use the data logger or track lap times over the weeks as you use a car, and see for yourself if the times are dropping off?

And, even then, until you start LOSING races that you should win, it's still money poorly spent. There's some VERY nice cars in the game for that 500,000cr.. Or that's five or six less LTW grinds :banghead::yuck:
 
I have done them on my stealth McClaren...cost 500 and I did not notice much. I also did one for my old Jag and it was not that expensive but I did notice a bit more oomph in its gitty up.
 
In gt4 the chassis rebuild was there and needed to be used after a lot of miles, the toyota minolta i had i used in constant 24 hr races.i had one and sold it because the handling would go from driving straight down a straightaway to unable to hold a straight line, car could veer a little to the left and i would correct it to the right and then it would slam me to the right.you have to put like 5000 miles on a vehicle to see this.used cars need to be addressed right away to prevent this.as far as what i just read on engine rebuilds look for drastic loss of hp.
 
The stealth and chromeline cars are basically indestructible. Whenever you try and carry out rebuilds it always costs just 500 creds and carrying that work out brings no discernable benefits whatsoever. That's why the Audi R10 Stealth is my daily driver. :) All you ever have to do is change the oil no matter how many miles you cover.
 
Apolloracer... This can't apply to used cars in the dealership, surely, though? MOST of them are well over 5000 miles, but I've never had such poor handling as you describe in any of them. With the cost of a chassis restore being so high, needing a restore at such a low mileage makes them MUCH more expensive than the sticker price.

Got a feeling that GT5 is a LOT more forgiving to cars than GT4 when you drive them...
 
My experiences have been that used cars with over 20k on them get more BHP when rebuilt and chassis rebuilds do improve performance on cars as well if they have been banged around ALOT!

GT5 really needs some sort of indicator via telemetry of the car that shows these things. Its really hard to diagnose a car just by driving it in front of a TV.

I took a look at my brand new Furai with 0.0kms on the clock and it was asking for 500k to fix it?

Go figure? Rushed out for xmas! But hey...I still love to drive, upgrade, go fast and beat those times ;)
 
I did a oil change on my FGT and the hp was at 936 hp after I did the 200km race it was down to 892 hp. although I did my fastest lap on lap 19/20
With a engine rebuild it may drop hp slower??? do you guys think that a wore out engine the hp will drop faster??? (on 2nd thought I may have did 100km on the FGT before the 200 KM event) so at the most it would have been 300 km for that much of a hp drop. thanks in advance for you input.
 
I noticed that the used LMP and Group C cars don't need engine or chassis rebuild after you just bought them. Only an oil change is needed.
 
my FGT seemed to be slacking in HP @ 890 after oil change. the car had 6,000+ miles on it. rebuilt the engine and got it up to 936hp. so yeah rebuilding engine does increase HP.
 
Back