Has anyone else noticed this?!

United States
United States
My brother and I race often. IRL he has a 2017 Corvette C7 Z06. When we race GT7 together, we love it for the most part. But we have both noticed that the Asian market cars in gt7 handle way better than any American cars. It's like they purposely made US cars handle for crap while all the rest of the cars handle great! Even the European cars in game...
I've driven his corvette around real tracks IRL and when I drive the same car in game, it's handling is nerfed so bad it's unreal!
GT7 needs to fix this. The corvette, and many other American cars, have come a long way as far as handing go and GT7 does NOT represent this accurately.
I still love the game, don't get me wrong, I just feel as if the US cars are a joke to Polyphony, and it pisses me off

Last edited:
I used to feel that way about the Nissan GT-R's specifically. Now I'm thinking tire choice has more to do with handling than any other factor. The C7 was my grind car for about 6 months. The C8 is really growing on me. I think the 2020 AMG Black Series is the best overall road car in the game. I used to hate how the FR's handled in prior games, Vipers especially. Now I can get them to match the 4WD's in terms of lap times and clean races. I totally understand your post. I feel this version is more equal than past ones.

Last edited:
My brother and I race often. IRL he has a 2017 Corvette C7 Z06. When we race GT7 together, we love it for the most part. But we have both noticed that the Asian market cars in gt7 handle way better than any American cars. It's like they purposely made US cars handle for crap while all the rest of the cars handle great! Even the European cars in game...
I've driven his corvette around real tracks IRL and when I drive the same car in game, it's handling is nerfed so bad it's unreal!
GT7 needs to fix this. The corvette, and many other American cars, have come a long way as far as handing go and GT7 does NOT represent this accurately.
I still love the game, don't get me wrong, I just feel as if the US cars are a joke to Polyphony, and it pisses me off
I presume you've also driven all of these Asian and European cars around a track in real life to be able to make such a comparison?

I also presume that your laps with his C7 were driving at 10/10ths, at the absolute limit, as you do in the game?

The base setups for some of the cars in game are generally not very good I find. You can certainly tune everything to drive as nicely as you'd want it to though.

I don't think its a bias or that they make the cars natively handle worse or anything, as when tuned they drive fine.

I find the base setup of many roadcars so bad it is hard to understand. Why are many modern performance cars so hard to drive? You almost have to fit a fully customisable suspension and limited dif to get an even half way decent experience. Silly and a bit annoying. I can understand that older supercars are a handful, but modern cars should handle decently in stock setup.

Last edited:
It wasn't always Japanese cars that were the best , for example in early GT7 it was the Beetle Gr.3 being OP , then Porsche 911 Gr.3
plus in Gr.1 Porsche 919 is still the meta also don't forget you got Alfa 155 in Gr.4

Last edited:
Toyota have been dominant and won many championships in both WRC and WEC. They've also won Le Mans, along with Mazda. Honda were the dominant engine in F1 for many years in both the turbocharged and NA eras.

To say they "have always been completely out-classed" is complete rubbish.
Starting in 2018 wonder why. :rolleyes:

I think the 2020 AMG Black Series is the best overall road car in the game.
Yes.

Stock is excellent, and with the Praiano PP700 tune, it demolishes everything, driving sensation is incredible, it's impossible to oversteer and spin the wheels, the diff is a miracle.

Toyota have been dominant and won many championships in both WRC and WEC. They've also won Le Mans, along with Mazda. Honda were the dominant engine in F1 for many years in both the turbocharged and NA eras.

To say they "have always been completely out-classed" is complete rubbish.

Nah.

Japan as a whole only started winning in WRC when group B was banned and all the true racers quit in a huff.

WEC was dominated by Germany. It has only become a Toyota thing since new restrictive regs annoyed Porsche and they quit. It left Toyota with no-one to race but themselves! Lol such achievement.

Japan as a whole have won le Mans 5 times and 4 of them since they were the only ones who bothered with the fall out from WEC and kept racing. (See previous paragraph)

F1 engines are dominated by Ferrari, Ford and Mercedes. Japan have like won 5 WCC with their engines, 4 of them yet again coming because the regs were changed and no-one could be bothered to compete, almost literally.

Simply, other nations have to lose interest and flat leave, before Japan can pick up the dregs win anything. The Japanese are out-classed at all other times.

But here's the killer - Japan do not and have not, dominated in any fashion over ALL classes of car like GT7 makes out. It's fantasy. It's sad. It's childish.

Last edited:
Japan have like won 5 WCC with their engines, 4 of them yet again coming because the regs were changed and no-one could be bothered to compete, almost literally.
Six - and consecutively at that - and that covered two polar opposite regulation changes on engines with turbocharged units being compulsory in 1986 (having been technically optional since Renault introduced one in 1977), the regulations relaxed in 1987 to allow naturally aspirated engines, and then turbochargers being banned in 1989. Honda still won from 1986-1991 without interruption, and with one of the most dominant F1 cars in history. Honda also built the engines for RBPT to win the title in 2022.

I'm not sure where Ford's supposed dominance comes from - it hasn't won a title since 1981 - but it's odd you'd miss out Renault which eclipses it by 12 titles to 10.

WRC's modern Group A/WRC/WRC1 era is absolutely dominated by Japanese marques too, with Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Toyota picking up ten manufacturer and 15 driver titles. Only France is comparable - with more manufacturer titles at 11 but fewer driver titles at 11 - with the other 15 manufacturer titles going to Lancia (Italy) with six, VW (Germany) with four, Ford (UK) with three, and Hyundai (South Korea) with two.

I'm also not sure where they "only started winning when Group B was banned" came from; Lancia won six straight titles after Group B was banned.

It's also quite odd you're drawing a line for F1 at only modern championships (excluding the weird Ford thing) and for WRC at only historic championships.

Funnily enough when the game first came out my favourite street cars on actual street legal sport tyres were the C6 ZR1, GT350, and ZL1 1LE. This is with no mods too.

How much have the physics changed since then? 🤔, I remember so many cars being so hard to drive. Just wanna say also- I think track focused American cars are amazing and generally underrated to people outside the U.S.

the Japanese have always been completely out-classed by every developed nation in motorsport since... ever.

Haha prove it.

Nah.

Japan as a whole only started winning in WRC when group B was banned and all the true racers quit in a huff.

WEC was dominated by Germany. It has only become a Toyota thing since new restrictive regs annoyed Porsche and they quit. It left Toyota with no-one to race but themselves! Lol such achievement.

Japan as a whole have won le Mans 5 times and 4 of them since they were the only ones who bothered with the fall out from WEC and kept racing. (See previous paragraph)

F1 engines are dominated by Ferrari, Ford and Mercedes. Japan have like won 5 WCC with their engines, 4 of them yet again coming because the regs were changed and no-one could be bothered to compete, almost literally.

Simply, other nations have to lose interest and flat leave, before Japan can pick up the dregs win anything. The Japanese are out-classed at all other times.

But here's the killer - Japan do not and have not, dominated in any fashion over ALL classes of car like GT7 makes out. It's fantasy. It's sad. It's childish.
Hahahahaha!!!

Move goalposts much?!?

LOL 😂

Are you racing them stock or tuned?
I haven't really tried many cars stock yet, I normally fully-tune them and honestly I haven't really noticed any bias, other than the Honda NSX '02 being a cornering god, but I've tuned up a fair few American cars, new and old, and they're among my favourites. I've only really noticed a few cars here and there which are a lot of trouble compared to the majority which are tuneable (De Tomaso Mangusta comes to mind, it's a handful).

Some others here mentioned stock suspension set-ups are a bit wacky, so it might be an idea to try fully customisable suspension and LSD to see if that levels things out.
My favourite car right now is the C4 Corvette ZR1, tuned to 550bhp to replicate the GT1 car that raced at Le Mans in 1995.

20829195142907327.jpg

Of course they are. It's a Japanese indulgence more than it is a realistic sim. There's bound to be patriotic favouritism, regardless of how the Japanese have always been completely out-classed by every developed nation in motorsport since... ever.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You must be joking.

"I'm not sure where Ford's supposed dominance comes from - it hasn't won a title since 1981 - but it's odd you'd miss out Renault which eclipses it by 12 titles to 10"

Perhaps it refers to the number of Fornula One wins Ford Cosworth achieved, as they have the third highest number behind Ferrari and Meredes @ 176
I've forgotton how to quote properly above, sorry

Last edited:
You could argue that the Brawn GP chassis was a Honda and dominated 2009 (at least the first half). The Mere engine was the sub par engine compared to the Renault

I think to drive @mattikake's point home we should be comparing the NON LMP, NON Prototype, NON F1 cars, outside of WRC (no rally racing). Then we see how many wins Japanese cars have as a whole. From what a remember its not too many when racing with Corvette, 911, BMW, etc cars. These cars that race the Viper GTS-R, Corvette C5R/C6R/C7R, 911, Ford GTLM, etc, those classes, no Japanese cars are competing. They probably win at the compact and sub compact level, but at the R35 GTR, NSX, Supra level they AREN'T racing the brands we know that have been dominating.

I mean someone show me a Ford GTLM, C8R, 911 RSR class cars and a Japanese car racing them. I dont think theres any, is there?

Also, as far as the OP is concerned, the C7Z is a hard car to drive 10/10ths. It has a ton of torque and easy to spin. Theres a video online that exaggerates this when they compared it to a GT350R and an ACR. The Z06 just spun, exaggeration, I know. You have to be a really good drive to wring out that cars potential, then theres the over heating issue. Its so bad a ZL1 performs better despite weight in 300+ lbs more. GM fixed this with the ZR1.

I think to drive @mattikake's point home we should be comparing the NON LMP, NON Prototype, NON F1 cars, outside of WRC (no rally racing). Then we see how many wins Japanese cars have as a whole. From what a remember its not too many when racing with Corvette, 911, BMW, etc cars. These cars that race the Viper GTS-R, Corvette C5R/C6R/C7R, 911, Ford GTLM, etc, those classes, no Japanese cars are competing. They probably win at the compact and sub compact level, but at the R35 GTR, NSX, Supra level they AREN'T racing the brands we know that have been dominating.+
Oh, so basically "Japanese cars don't win in series when we exclude series that they do win in?" Yeah, that's perfect logic.
I mean someone show me a Ford GTLM, C8R, 911 RSR class cars and a Japanese car racing them. I dont think theres any, is there?
Super GT says hi. And FiA GT1 and GT3. Not to mention the old Group A cars. For more modern stuff, you have the IMSA Sports Car Championship and Michelin Pilot Challenge, just to name two. Like seriously, how incredibly dense can you be?

Oh, so basically "Japanese cars don't win in series when we exclude series that they do win in?" Yeah, that's perfect logic.
No, because the only exclusion I mentioned that are close to street cars is WRC. Everything else I mentioned before that are nothing close to street cars.
Super GT says hi. And FiA GT1 and GT3. Not to mention the old Group A cars. For more modern stuff, you have the IMSA Sports Car Championship and Michelin Pilot Challenge, just to name two. Like seriously, how incredibly dense can you be?
Super GT is mostly Japanese cars with a sprinkle of Euro cars. This is like referencing Nascar and saying there aren't many Japanese car wins. LOL
So show me the Japanese cars that are beating Vipers and Corvettes even Mustangs in road racing. This is why I asked.

Latest Posts

Back