Has anyone managed to use a keyboard, ps4

England
southport
I tried to assign some controls to my usb keyboard on ps4, but nothing happened when pressing a single key, but pressing two together some message popped up saying too many buttons/etc used, I think it said..

Just wondering if anyone has got a keyboard working on the ps4..
Thanks

Apparently, it does not work. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...or-driving-ps4-possible.328347/#post-10699316

SMS better patch it, or SONY better allow it. If it can be done on a PS3, there is no excuse on PS4.

Im assuming this is a Sony issue as the PS4 has a "chip" has been brought into play that is licensed by Sony allowing them to regulate which accessories/peripherals are authenticated for use on the PS4. Hopefully they will work with Thrustmaster to introduce another peripheral such as a button box so we can map the remaining controls.

Oh that sucks:tdown:. I asked about that in the forums here before release and was pretty sure it was mentioned that keyboards would work. :yuck:

I don't know about that whole chip thing. I have saw it mentioned a few times over the last few months but then again people are using Fanatec Wheels which have no such chip so makes be doubt the accuracy of the claims of requiring a chip.

Sony, SMS etc... should allow us to use a keyboard, button box or at the very least a controller together with a wheel.
There are so many useful functions to map and we have only a few knobs available.
It takes a bit of fun & funtion away from the game for me...

Last edited:
Im assuming this is a Sony issue as the PS4 has a "chip" has been brought into play that is licensed by Sony allowing them to regulate which accessories/peripherals are authenticated for use on the PS4. Hopefully they will work with Thrustmaster to introduce another peripheral such as a button box so we can map the remaining controls.

Nope its not a SONY as SONY allows for USB keyboards and a mouse already, the PS4 has generic support for at least a keyboard to use within the PSN menu itself (typing messages and using the arrow keys), but if the game itself doesnt have support for said devices even though the system itself does the game wont know what to do with it. if you want to use a keyboard to use for extra buttons in Project Cars on PS4 you'll have to talk to SMS about adding support for these things (as the PS4 itself supports them).

A mouse and keyboard works great in war Thunder, heck even old PC USB flight sticks work on war Thunder.

And a even funnier thing that War thunder supports is this

Last edited:
Can't use DS4 & wheel at the same time, now can't use a keyboard either. Another reason this version feels like a thoughtless port to the PS4. How would PC users feel if everytime they plugged in their wheel the keyboard & mouse were deactivated? I don't think they'd like it one little bit. I'm sure some WMD-PC-master-race-friend-of-humanity will be along shortly to slap me into place though!

VBR
Can't use DS4 & wheel at the same time, now can't use a keyboard either. Another reason this version feels like a thoughtless port to the PS4. How would PC users feel if everytime they plugged in their wheel the keyboard & mouse were deactivated? I don't think they'd like it one little bit. I'm sure some WMD-PC-master-race-friend-of-humanity will be along shortly to slap me into place though!

Yeah agreed.

SMS needs to look into the issue as being able to use multiple input devices at the same time is beneficial, especially in a game like this with so many key bindings, as well as native system funtions. I know its not a limitation by SONY as many games allow for the controller to be connected along side another device and useable at the same time (as a example again War Thunder on PS4, I can be using the controller and instantly switch to using a keyboard and mouse, and then switch to a USB flight stick), it was either by a oversight, or a bug they didnt catch.

I tried to assign some controls to my usb keyboard on ps4, but nothing happened when pressing a single key, but pressing two together some message popped up saying too many buttons/etc used, I think it said..

Just wondering if anyone has got a keyboard working on the ps4..
Thanks

Did you just want extra buttons? I tried doing the same thing with a PS4 controller but no dice.

It's a shame because the T300 doesn't have enough buttons on it.

Did you just want extra buttons? I tried doing the same thing with a PS4 controller but no dice.

It's a shame because the T300 doesn't have enough buttons on it.

Yes just wanted the extra buttons for all the controls etc, the usb keyboard works fine on the ps4, just not on the game.:(

The weird thing is I can use a keyboard to navigate the menus fine, but why can you assign buttons to it:confused:

I've managed to customise my Thrustmaster Gt300 with a suede 270mm wheel at the expense of loosing my D-Pad on the wheel, I've linked up my Apple Keyboard (Bluetooth) and can use this to navigate the menus and also use it in the pit lane to adjust my cars settings, so the keyboard does work in the pits,

But again I can't MAP any other buttons to the keyboard, ie ( brake balance, seat position in cockpit, look left, right) I'd love to see a patch or a button board released by Thrustmaster to aid us console users,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 35
I've managed to customise my Thrustmaster Gt300 with a suede 270mm wheel at the expense of loosing my D-Pad on the wheel, I've linked up my Apple Keyboard (Bluetooth) and can use this to navigate the menus and also use it in the pit lane to adjust my cars settings, so the keyboard does work in the pits,

But again I can MAP any other buttons to the keyboard, I'd love to see a patch or a button board released by Thrustmaster to aid us console users,

Here is my apple keyboard on the right of me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28
i've linked up my Apple Keyboard (Bluetooth) and can use this to navigate the menus and also use it in the pit lane to adjust my cars settings, so the keyboard does work in the pits,

But again I can't MAP any other buttons to the keyboard, ie ( brake balance, seat position in cockpit, look left, right) I'd love to see a patch or a button board released by Thrustmaster to aid us console users,

Yes, my Logitech BT keyboard can do that too... but button mapping is what we need.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back