Has anyone tested current racing wheels on the PS4?PS4 

• Thread starter chomomola
  • 100 comments
Since the PS4 has been out for like a week now, has anyone tested their current racing wheels on the console yet? Does it work?

I have a Fanatec CSR racing wheel and if it does work; it'll make my future purchase of the PS4 even sweeter.

Since the PS4 has been out for like a week now, has anyone tested their current racing wheels on the console yet? Does it work?

I have a Fanatec CSR racing wheel and if it does work; it'll make my future purchase of the PS4 even sweeter.

Wheels are not working, not even recognized by the system. I tried a DFGT, a G25 and a Fanatec Porsche. I plugged them into the ps4 through usb and start the system.. they don't even calibrate and don't work even in the menu. I mean they are not recognized, like nothing is connected.

So i tried to start NFS for ps4 to see if it depends on the game but off course they still don't work. If you turn down the controller it says you nothing plugged into player 1 port.

So at the moment they don't work at all. Off course this is an insane let down for me as DFGT owner and racing game fan.

ps: i do not have ps4 and all the wheels, we ( as a group of player) tried our wheels on one ps4 of a friend

Last edited:
Wheels are not working, not even recognized by the system. I tried a DFGT, a G25 and a Fanatec Porsche. I plugged them into the ps4 through usb and start the system.. they don't even calibrate and don't work even in the menu. I mean they are not recognized, like nothing is connected.

So i tried to start NFS for ps4 to see if it depends on the game but off course they still don't work. If you turn down the controller it says you nothing plugged into player 1 port.

So at the moment they don't work at all. Off course this is an insane let down for me as DFGT owner and racing game fan.

Ugh, that massively sucks. Can't believe they actually did this to us.

Ugh, that massively sucks. Can't believe they actually did this to us.
Did "what" to us? It's been reported several times that developers can implement wheel drivers on their games so they will work... You should wait until the first wheel-supported PS4 game is released before jumping to conclusions like that.

Did "what" to us?

I don't know, but they did it, and now we're mad!

Seriously though, whether Sony patches the OS with the drivers or devs build them into their games I'm sure this will get sorted out. It's not like anything worth playing with a wheel is out yet anyway.

ps: i do not have ps4 and all the wheels, we ( as a group of player) tried our wheels on one ps4 of a friend

With which game did you checked it Wheels actually working with PS4? Was it killzone, Knack maybe or Resogun ?? NFS is clearly Dualshock 4 game.

It does depend on the game, that's correct.

But since NFS doesn't support them, what did you expect?

The first game that's going to be released with wheel support is going to be Driveclub, there's no confirmation that all wheels that worked on PS3 will work on PS4, but there have been strong rumors that they will, and it's very likely that you'll be able to use most any mainstream wheel on the PS4 that currently exists.

The first game that's going to be released with wheel support is going to be Driveclub, there's no confirmation that all wheels that worked on PS3 will work on PS4, but there have been strong rumors that they will, and it's very likely that you'll be able to use most any mainstream wheel on the PS4 that currently exists.
Should add in that many peripherals from PS3 do not work on the PS4, although they could as the PS4 does recognize them (PS4 recognized my PSEye but only to say it was incompatible).

It is a bad thing that PS4 did not calibrate G25 during system launch but I strongly believe that Sony will patch somehow and fix that issue. Microsoft has already confirmed that Xbox One will not support current wheels on market before Xbox One launch, but Sony said nothing about it.

It is a bad thing that PS4 did not calibrate G25 during system launch but I strongly believe that Sony will patch somehow and fix that issue. Microsoft has already confirmed that Xbox One will not support current wheels on market before Xbox One launch, but Sony said nothing about it.
They did say something.

I have brought a t80 steering wheel 4 my ps4 ,only problem is no titles support the wheel yet. the ps4 recognises its plugged in. red light comes up on the wheel and I can also flick through the main menu with the wheel. but soon as I highlight need for speed rivals it will go into the game, but soon as the game loads with press x flashing at the bottom of the screen. the wheel stops working, hopefully the developers will bring out an add-on that will support it.Not happy Jan.The t80 supports both ps3 and ps4. and on the box it says its the only playstation licenced product for the ps4 its called the exclusive driveclub edition

I have brought a t80 steering wheel 4 my ps4 ,only problem is no titles support the wheel yet. the ps4 recognises its plugged in. red light comes up on the wheel and I can also flick through the main menu with the wheel. but soon as I highlight need for speed rivals it will go into the game, but soon as the game loads with press x flashing at the bottom of the screen. the wheel stops working, hopefully the developers will bring out an add-on that will support it.Not happy Jan.The t80 supports both ps3 and ps4. and on the box it says its the only playstation licenced product for the ps4 its called the exclusive driveclub edition

Quote from november 19th news article

Electronic Arts has confirmed that Need for Speed: Rivals, its new racing game for the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and Xbox One, doesn't support steering wheels or other kinds of peripherals.

NFS: Rivals has been eagerly awaited by millions of franchise fans around the world, as it looks like new developer Ghost Games is taking the franchise back to its roots while delivering some new mechanics, like the special AllDrive system.

Now, after hearing yesterday that the game's PC version had a locked framerate of 30fps, just like on next-gen consoles, EA has confirmed on an official Help page that NFS: Rivals doesn't support external peripherals such as driving wheels.

The decision is quite baffling, especially since lots of hardcore racing fans on PC want to use driving wheels in order to make the experience as authentic as possible, even if NFS is, at its core, an arcade game, not a simulator.

bigbazz check out youtube steering wheel works on pc for need for speed rivals

You can do anything on a PC, pretty much. People got it working by fooling the game into thinking the wheel is an Xbox 360 pad. I do it with Xbox 360 controller games on the PC, using my PS3 controller... It's a different situation, wheels are not supported, people just found a way around it. Not so easy to do on the console, infact not doable at all.

Depends on the game.

The game developers must include support if they want to give players that option.
We have to see how many developers will bother creating drivers. Sony are basically saying "hey their fault for not creating the drivers" instead I think they should have native support in the first place, at least the most mainstream stuff like Logitech, Fanatech and Trustmaster.

My Goodness. Just purchased $1000 worth of Fanatec kit for GT6. I seriously hope this stuff works on PS4 for GT7 as well...

Sounds promising 👍
I have to connect my CSR with a usb cable to make it work on the PS3, are the USB entrances on the PS4 compatible? Anyone know this as i heard it's a different type of USB port now?

Everything looks the same to me. I plug USB into it all the time and they seem like the same connection.

Everything looks the same to me. I plug USB into it all the time and they seem like the same connection.

if there's a difference than it would be that the ps4's usb ports are usb 3.0 instead of 2.0 this would not be a problem since 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0. only 3.0 to 3.0 are going to be able to communicate much faster.

Back