Has ever a Gran Turismo game been relatively easy/quick to get all cars?

• Thread starter RacingFan1
  • 142 comments
Technically speaking, GT PSP would actually be the Gran Turismo where it features the fastest way to get every single car in the game.

Spoiler alert: In theory, having a save file with all 830 cars (4,442 if all colors are included) will allow you to "share" roughly 90% of all the cars in the game (with very few being trade-only and can't be shared).

Or if you're really cheap and pressed for time, you can just download a save file with every car on it (bonus if it has all colors).

Last edited:
For those that skipped GT-Sport, i earned 77 million credits by playing GT-Sport for 5 years and that includes 40+ grind races at lemans with a very lucky gift called the P330.

From what i have experienced so far GT7 will provide me with credits faster than GTS because i will actually play the single player content and that pays way better than online racing ever did in GT-Sport.
Sorry to oversimplify this (I skipped Sport), but 77,000,000 credits is the equivalent of roughly 4 McLaren F1s with the new values. In Sport you could have purchased 77 McLaren F1’s with the previous values.

Again this is a gross oversimplification, but it’s a simple way of underscoring the issues with the current economy, no?

Last edited:
Sorry to oversimplify this (I skipped Sport), but 77,000,000 credits is the equivalent of roughly 4 McLaren F1s with the new values. In Sport you could have purchased 77 McLaren F1’s with the previous values.

Again this is a gross oversimplification, but it’s a simple way of underscoring the issues with the current economy, no?
And you could purchase a McLaren F1 whenever you fancied, as soon as you have the credits available. In GT7, this early on, you have to 'find' 18.5m in 5 days otherwise you need to wait ~2 months for it to come back around again...

From what i have experienced so far GT7 will provide me with credits faster than GTS because i will actually play the single player content and that pays way better than online racing ever did in GT-Sport.
Errr... 🤣

You finish all of the current content and you get 7 million credits tops. After that you have to start grinding the same races again.

Good luck getting the remaining 400 million credits to buy those cars mate.

Last edited:

No it isn't.
It's a good example of how things were in GT-Sport, imho much worse than in GT7 because the main game content was online races with low payouts vs GT7 where the offline content simply is more interesting and fun to play and it's just begun. The 77 million includes 40+ stupid grind runs at lemans with a car i was super lucky to get.

Errr... 🤣

You finish all of the current content and you get 7 million credits tops. After that you have to start grinding the same races again.

Good luck getting the remaining 400 million credits to buy those cars mate.
Finished the content after getting gold in all the championships? That is where the game starts to get real.

I didn't get all cars in GT-Sport after 5 years, so thanks for wishing me luck, i guess i need it.

Finished the content after getting gold in all the championships? That is where the game starts to get real.

I didn't get all cars in GT-Sport after 5 years, so thanks for wishing me luck, i guess i need it.
Gold in all championshops, Gold in all races on the world Circuits, Gold in all missions, Gold in all Circuit Experiences, Finished the café.

Yes all of this^ amounted to just about 7 million credits.

Total price of the cars you are left to collect is north of 400 million credits.

You were pissed about 40+ Le Mans races as grinding? Well... Prepared to be even more pissed doing thousands of rally races with ****** jump physics.

And you didn't get all cars in GT Sport because you played Sport Mode most of the time, which was not rewarding at all. GT Sport actually had more races to do than GT7... shockingly. And it had a few more races that were more rewarding than any in GT7 as well. And the cars could be won by roulette every day if you were lucky and the amount of credits needed for all cars is almost half of GT7.

People really don't believe it that GT7 is that much of a grind to get cars do they?

Last edited:
Gold in all championshops, Gold in all races on the world Circuits, Gold in all missions, Gold in all Circuit Experiences, Finished the café.

Total price of the cars you are left to collect is north of 400 million credits.

You were pissed about 40+ Le Mans races as grinding? Well... Prepared to be even more pissed doing thousands of rally races with ****** jump physics.

And you didn't get all cars in GT Sport because you played Sport Mode most of the time, which was not rewarding at all. GT Sport actually had more races to do than GT7... shockingly. And it had a few more races that were more rewarding than any in GT7 as well. And the cars could be won by roulette every day if you were lucky and the amount of credits needed for all cars is almost half of GT7.

People really don't believe it that GT7 is that much of a grind to get cars do they?
If you are done after what you listed then there is no helping you.

And you really have a hard time understanding what i wrote, 5 YEARS got me 77 million credits. Including a mindless grind, that is a laughable small amount for the time spend. And people are crying JUMP JUMP about 2 weeks with GT7, i pity the fool.

And you really have a hard time understanding what i wrote, 5 YEARS got me 77 million credits. Including a mindless grind, that is a laughable small amount for the time spend. And people are crying JUMP JUMP about 2 weeks with GT7, i pity the fool.
My point earlier was that the value of 77 million credits would be markedly worse in GT7 as opposed to Sport. At least that seems to be the consensus and has been confirmed by a few folks who have played both games extensively. The “real world” car pricing has led to inflation in the game world, which causes folks to spend more credits on less cars.

It’s not just legendaries. For example: The R34 GTR is close to 400k. The FD RX-7 is 250K. 100K for a MKIII Supra or an S2000…etc

I didn’t even get into tuning the cars!

Last edited:

No helping me? There's actually no helping anyone aside from people with knowledge about scripts to farm credits AFK...

And what is 5 years? That to me doesn't say much, how many hours does that translate in play time? Or at least tell me how many Sport Races you finished.

If you do GT7 Sport mode, you will get 77 million credits in maybe 10 years or more... So I don't see your point. You really have not grasped how pitiful the payouts are in GT7 compared to GT Sport.

To say GT7 is a missed opportunity and lacking content isn’t fair on PD.

The effort required to make all the cars suitable for the tuning parts and the visual impact some of those parts have - wide body kits for basically everything for example - is a lot of effort on models as detailed as those in GT7.

Not to mention that for the GT7 levels of car modelling a single car can take 3 months of modelling effort. “Only” adding 100 cars is significant effort too.

On top of that we got a new physics model and a single player integrated with multiplayer.

Assuming PD support GT7 like they did GTS, the content will continue to come and there is already a significant amount of work done for this release.
No doubt there's a lot of effort put in by PD, but I think if they put in a bit more in areas that mattered, the end result would've lead to making GT fans a lot happier with the game at present, hence the missed opportunity.

And they never gifted you those expensive cars in the roulette

That's wrong. Believe it or not I once got the 20million dollar jag xj13 from the roulette in GT Sport. They might've patched that out later since I've never gotten anything that expensive since.

Last edited:

That’s a very low total. I played GTS recently, started summer 2020 to about a month ago, my stats say I played 182 logged on days in that time (ie about 6 months really) and total prize money 162 million. I wasn’t grinding at all, just playing, not much online racing but did do about 400 races to reach the 91 wins or whatever it was needed to get the platinum.

If you played it 5 years and only won 77 million I guess you must’ve been in Scapes a lot, or maybe only doing an hour or two per week?

That’s a very low total. I played GTS recently, started summer 2020 to about a month ago, my stats say I played 182 logged on days in that time (ie about 6 months really) and total prize money 162 million. I wasn’t grinding at all, just playing, not much online racing but did do about 400 races to reach the 91 wins or whatever it was needed to get the platinum.

If you played it 5 years and only won 77 million I guess you must’ve been in Scapes a lot, or maybe only doing an hour or two per week?
Nope, if you race and win online you get money if you place down in the field, not so much, that is why the hardcore AND fast players got the unicorns (and why they are so expensive). The pay for racing offline is much better since it's easier to cheese.

If you did 400 online games and won 25% you did pretty good.

Last edited:
Nope, if you race and win online you get money if you place down in the field, not so much, that is why the hardcore AND fast players got the unicorns (and why they are so expensive). The pay for racing offline is much better since it's easier to cheese.

If you did 400 online games and won 25% you did pretty good.

I think tbh by the time I started playing online races in the game (in early 2021) most of the people who’d been playing since the beginning had prob already moved on or were only doing the weekly C races - whereas I preferred the slower A race or occasionally the B. I seemed to be racing pretty exclusively with assorted hotheads and psychopaths. Annoying, but not too difficult to get poles and wins and keep the driver rating at B or A.

Pretty sure most of my earning came from single-player league mode, so if you were doing the online stuff more it makes sense the earnings were lower. I was just confused, that’s all.

Last edited:
I think tbh by the time I started playing online races in the game (in early 2021) most of the people who’d been playing since the beginning had prob already moved on or were only doing the weekly C races - whereas I preferred the slower A race or occasionally the B. I seemed to be racing pretty exclusively with assorted hotheads and psychopaths. Annoying, but not too difficult to get poles and wins and keep the driver rating at B or A.

Pretty sure most of my earning came from single-player league mode, so if you were doing the online stuff more it makes sense the earnings were lower. I was just confused, that’s all.
Some people just have the talent and other (like me) are just mediocre, you should try it some more.

I'm not going to do it for GT5+6 because the changes to those games now they're offline skews things. I think I've made a pretty clear point with the first four games though.

I did the maths. I brought the receipts. Now let's see what OP makes of it.
I was going to give it a shot myself, I have the data for GT5 (event prizes and prize cars)...
But the amount of used cars that game (and GT6) have is absolutely ridiculous, and then there's also a massive list of duplicate cars (about 300) and then there's the PREMIUM and STANDART cars to consider.

Yeah, GT5 and GT6 are better left untouched.

But it's worth mentioning the payouts at least.

The best payout in GT5 is the Indianapolis in the American Championship that gives you about 97.600 credits in about 4 minutes (~4:20 with loadings). That's an average 1.351.384 credits per hour.

In GT6 (without glitches) there was the Red Bull X2014 Standart championship where you could win 1.142.000 Credits in about 23 minutes (~25 with loadings between races). That's an average 2.979.130 credits per hour.

^And let me add here that these payouts are in their current offline state. Back when both games had their online servers, you could get the 200% bonus, so basically multiply those values I posted above (bolded) by 2 and those were the real payouts you had to grind for those cars. About 2.7 million for GT5 and almost 6 million for GT6. And this isn't taking into account that in GT5 you could get credits AFK with your B-Spec driver and in GT6 there was a glitch with a VGT challenge that gave you tons of money, but that wasn't legit. And let alone the great paying seasonal events both games had.

Both still blow GT7 away in terms of economy. And GT5 was already horrible economy-wise... Let that sink in.

I was going to give it a shot myself, I have the data for GT5 (event prizes and prize cars)...
But the amount of used cars that game (and GT6) have is absolutely ridiculous, and then there's also a massive list of duplicate cars (about 300) and then there's the PREMIUM and STANDART cars to consider.

Yeah, GT5 and GT6 are better left untouched.

But it's worth mentioning the payouts at least.

The best payout in GT5 is the Indianapolis in the American Championship that gives you about 97.600 credits in about 4 minutes (~4:20 with loadings). That's an average 1.351.384 credits per hour.

In GT6 (without glitches) there was the Red Bull X2014 Standart championship where you could win 1.142.000 Credits in about 23 minutes (~25 with loadings between races). That's an average 2.979.130 credits per hour.

^And let me add here that these payouts are in their current offline state. Back when both games had their online servers, you could get the 200% bonus, so basically multiply those values I posted above (bolded) by 2 and those were the real payouts you had to grind for those cars. About 2.7 million for GT5 and almost 6 million for GT6. And this isn't taking into account that in GT5 you could get credits AFK with your B-Spec driver and in GT6 there was a glitch with a VGT challenge that gave you tons of money, but that wasn't legit. And let alone the great paying seasonal events both games had.

Both still blow GT7 away in terms of economy. And GT5 was already horrible economy-wise... Let that sink in.
GT5 was good with the 200% login bonus plus the online races though.

Amusingly, GT HD would probably be less offensive than GT7. My recollection is that it was intended as pure F2P, buy the content you want. It would have been a disaster, but it wasn't trying to disguise or mislead people about what the costs of engaging with it would be.
I had zero clue about GT HD, that's amazing and even funnier that it didn't happen. I would've played the snot out of that!

The problem with GT HD is that it was going to basically sell you all the content from GT4, which cost $60, and charge upwards of $400 for it. You would have got a handful of new stuff, but 95% of it was GT4 content, which we eventually got in GT5 instead.

It's about time people took off the rose glasses and compared GT Sport directly to the current offerings of GT7. I know they're not the same but GT7 has been out for almost a month now and...
GT Sport still has more events. The grind is not as terrifying as GT7, the online functionalities work a lot better right now. Unlike GT7' which is missing basic features such as ability to simply "change track in a lobby" without having to exit and make a new lobby, thus kicking everyone out and away. What the hell? GT Sport... is now the best "GT game" on PS5? this makes no sense lol it should be no contest, GT7 should absolutely be a better game right now. Makes no sense. Micro transactions ruined GT7 for me.

Last edited:
...there's nothing to do.
The longest races are a couple of Gr.3 10 laps with high fuel/tyres, 70/75 k prize.
If you buy inter and wet tyres for that same gr3 you spend 50k.
No content for gr1, super formula or f1500ta.

Speaking of money, i checked the single player part of gtsport after a while, and not only there's A LOT of stuff, the payment are way better too, a random exemple are pretty quick gr1 races that give over 200k (without clean race bonus).

In gtsport have 3 mclaren f1 with no grinding, btw. I don't even imagine myself thinking of getting one on gt7.

Last edited:
Except for GT Sport, they were equally harder or even harder.

Even if there where ways to grind more credits for the same amount of time, you have to progress heavily in the games just to get those races available, most of the time.
Sure you would get the opportunity to grind for Toyota RSC Rally Car for sale multiple times pretty early in the game in GT4 but not always so straight forward.

GT3 is extremely painfull to take off and get to races that earn you decent credits. Add to that you would only receive prize cars on Licence Tests if you gold them all for each licence. Which was far more difficult than in Gran Turismo 7. Sure they would allow you to shortcut most of the grind, specially if you gold the R licence, the most extreme of the game and get the Suzuki Escudo as prize car. But that is an extrem

The Beginner series simply make you spent tons of credits on initial cars and prize cars just to advance with the payouts being extremely low. You will be racing for 1000 cr in Sunday Cup and stuff like that over and over just to beef up your Toyotas Sprinter Trueno and Mazdas MX-5s. And some series already make you drop serious credits in upgrades and tires.

It also helps that there are only 185 cars in the game, being about 30 of them MX-5/Miatas, add to that the variants of Imprezas, Skylines, Silvias, Lancers and so on, not exactly the same challenge.
Wrong, because after completing the license tests you can race the European Championship win easily and restart if you don't win the Gillet Vertigo race car, on amateur level, or Silver Arrow, Evolution meeting and Altezza race on Amateur level. Only Altezza race can be repeated of the last three events mentioned and add the rally events which are easy early in the game, there's lot of excess cars to be sold for good money early in the game.
Oh, almost forgot how easy it is to win Super Speedway Endurance with a tuned Skyline! It takes around 30 minutes with a semi-decent tuned road car or race car.

I remember doing the same oval race with rubberbands in GT3. 200 lap endurance race or something for like 200k credits. It was stupid then, and it's stupid now. Things were a lot better in GT Sport. GT7 has gone completely backwards with lower rewards and more expensive cars. The metacritic score is going to keep falling until they add some events so we can play as intended, or increase the rewards so we can at least grind efficiently.

I don't think GT3 even demanded selling cars late game though I guess you could with the truckload of good prize cars

Though that's kind of my point. When people are trying to compare GT7s economy to other games, they're comparing based on credits and car prices which is important but it's completely irrelevant when you bring it up to GT3
No, because GT3 had a mighty good progression-speed balance because players could choose his/her path and speed of progression by winning many good&expensive cars early on, OR choose to progress slowly by upgrading the first or second sporty road car through beginner level and not play amateur level or Vitz/Yaris league or like the wind on professional level until later in the game!

Back