Has GT6 been abandoned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
24
Hi everyone

I've been away from the forums and the game for a while but looking at the developments since release, does anyone else feel like GT6 has been abandoned? For example:

1. Where are the DLC cars?
2. Where are the DLC tracks? Didn't we see a video of one months ago?
3. Where's the Senna content?
4. What's happening with GT Vision? Loads of cars/manufacturers but no new content.

Has Sony/Polyphony switched production to GT7 or GT6 for the PS4? I really feel like they have halted all DLC (maybe because the sales where lower than expected?). GT Vision in particular is telling; it's like an abandoned shopping mall.

What are people's thoughts? Will we actually see any new content (apart from a very niche data logger/visualiser)?

Not looking for an argument, more of a discussion.
 
This doesn't make any sense tbh.
Last patch was last week or so and Senna content was planned for May I believe. VGT is mostly in the hands of the car manufacturers rather than PD.
 
After all those announcements I think some things went wrong along the way, instead of the project being abandoned.
 
It just seems very conspicuous to me that all the talk of monthly DLC has come to nothing. I would imagine that GT6 won't have a particularly long shelf life as they'll be a push for something on the PS4.

Just feels like nothing is happening. Apart from small incremental changes which are more about maintenance or correction.
 
It's hasn't been abandoned but it did suffer some delays. Out of the list of planned features: we already got Data Logger; GPS Visualiser and 3D Compatibility with only Community; Quick Match; B-Spec; Course Maker and Mobile Devices remaining to release.
I have a feeling that we might get the community and online features after May 31st, that's when they shutdown them from GT5; the rest we just to wait. Remember that it took them several months to release actual DLC content on Gran Turismo 5, I'm not sure but it might have been after they released the spec 2.0 update.
 
Hopefully there will be a 2.0 patch the brings in the next stage forGT 6. My concern, though, is that the focus for Polyphony has shifted.
 
Are we back to this again? :rolleyes: GT6 has not been abandoned. We got the GT Academy content today and PD confirmed they would be doing a special update for the Senna Death anniversary. End of story.
 
Really? The day GT academy starts you decide to make this thread? On top of that, you decide to make it with the Senna content looming on the horizon. I'm sorry but I can't take this seriously.
 
I'll just echo Vagabond's comments in the older thread, which seem appropriate given the GT Academy update just went live:

Since it seems that another update is imminent, albeit an apparently minor one, it does answer the primary question this thread asks.... doesn't it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back