Has PD given up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ace_Man
  • 39 comments
  • 2,901 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
162
United States
MD
Messages
Ace_Man
Messages
Super_Ace_Man_900
This game is getting old fast... the seasonal events that could have been cool are boring as heck. The online dealership updates... whenever... And I really thought we would have at least heard an announcement about some DLC stuff. There's not enough rally tracks in the game, or regular tracks really. I actually think they put less work into this game than previous GT games.

Once you beat the first six endurance races (the last three are stupid). The game is basically over. Grinding is too boring for me... If I could do a fun race a few times and get a few million... it'd be okay, but not hundreds of hours of circling an oval. This game is terribly broken and it could easily stay fun by allowing high leveled players to make alot more money. It's been complained about alot, but PD does not care at all.

The long endurance races give you NOTHING, the 4 hour gave me like $157,000. It DID give me 2,000,000 XP, but who cares? You don't need to level up after that because it doesn't benefit you in any way. You need friggin money. I wish PD would at least ACT like they were going to do something with this game, their silence seems to say, "We suck at making games and we give up."
 
You must take into account what still is happening in Japan.
 
Have you seen any other game company giving 8 updates within 5 months? and adding content like seasonal events? i think not...they are doing more then any other racing game I know about their content.
 
This game is getting old fast... the seasonal events that could have been cool are boring as heck. The online dealership updates... whenever... And I really thought we would have at least heard an announcement about some DLC stuff. There's not enough rally tracks in the game, or regular tracks really. I actually think they put less work into this game than previous GT games.

Once you beat the first six endurance races (the last three are stupid). The game is basically over. Grinding is too boring for me... If I could do a fun race a few times and get a few million... it'd be okay, but not hundreds of hours of circling an oval. This game is terribly broken and it could easily stay fun by allowing high leveled players to make alot more money. It's been complained about alot, but PD does not care at all.

The long endurance races give you NOTHING, the 4 hour gave me like $157,000. It DID give me 2,000,000 XP, but who cares? You don't need to level up after that because it doesn't benefit you in any way. You need friggin money. I wish PD would at least ACT like they were going to do something with this game, their silence seems to say, "We suck at making games and we give up."

They aren't stupid. You just don't want to do them.
 
I havent a-spec in ages, been playing seasonal, online, practice alot buying and tuning cars, trying to beat my own times on the tracks I like with different cars.

Career mode isnt supposed to last forever, it gets boring if it does
 
Of you guys have read about shift 2 they already HAVE 3 DLC's announced.
 
Of you guys have read about shift 2 they already HAVE 3 DLC's announced.

They had that DLC ready before the game even hit the shelves. Just a way to make some extra $$$.



I have shift 2 though and i'm excited to freakin drag race in a racing game again.
 
Of you guys have read about shift 2 they already HAVE 3 DLC's announced.

The thing is, Shift 2 is charging for stuff the day after the game is out. You aren't paying for the extra time to make content after the game was released. They deliberately withheld content so they could charge you for it later.

PD has been very receptive to the community. While they can't do the impossible, like instantly make all standards into premiums, they have been taking care of little things that the community wants, like no HUD, restart confirmation, PP, AI tweaks, glitch repair, etc. They are doing fantastic. I am sure that someone on the team is working on DLC and we will get it eventually, but for now, relax and enjoy the drive.
 
Ya I have it to and I'm pumped to see the GT40 and Shelby Daytona Coupe and of course drag racing.
 
Of you guys have read about shift 2 they already HAVE 3 DLC's announced.

That annoys me. When you launch a game you must include everything as posible and you can. Then keep it fresh, but not dosing the content.
 
I have to imagine it has something to do with the earthquake, because the week prior Kaz had said that there was a major update coming (the one that also included saving in endurance races).
 
I'm not sure if the earthquake stopped anything (I'm sire it did) but we don't know where in Japan PD's HQ is located.
 
The game is going on 5 months, I will be happy with any new content, its more then I get with most other games.
 
I'm not sure if the earthquake stopped anything (I'm sire it did) but we don't know where in Japan PD's HQ is located.
Tokyo.

But it isn't an issue of whether or not PD's offices were damaged. It is an issue that Japan as a whole is still more or less completely shut down at the moment.
 
You must take into account what still is happening in Japan.

I agree!

But another question is, should PD return to work like other japanese (Toyota and so on) companies did or should they stop all their working. A big tragedy happened and still happens :(
 
PD is located in Tokyo which is still subjected to rolling blackouts to conserve power. What a lot of people don't realize is that Eastern and Western Japan operate on different power frequencies, so power cannot be shared between the two.
 
I wish seasonals had more veriety. Rather than just constantly starting behind a line of cars.

What about a one on one race? Or a 20 minute timed race? Or just an ordinary grid start?
 
The game is basically over.

I do kind of agree with that, I completed my first game 100% and got bored so I started another one. I'm now getting bored with that too, only thing that keeps me interested at the minute is the Nurburgring 4hr Endurance race which is great fun. I do not hold the Seasonal events in the same high esteem as some, I think for the most part they are pretty dull so I don't even do them any more. The only challenge I have left in the game is to get 2 more golds on the vettel challenge.

I don't think PD have given up at all, sadly current events in Japan take precedence and rightly so.

Remember, patience is a virtue.
 
Have you seen any other game company giving 8 updates within 5 months? and adding content like seasonal events? i think not...they are doing more then any other racing game I know about their content.

FFS, they are not updates, they're patches. Big difference.

They're still in the middle of completing the game. The fact that it's still unfinished speaks volumes.

And now with the catastrophe in Japan, the game's finished. Don't expect 'updates' for a long time.
 
FFS, they are not updates, they're patches. Big difference.

They're still in the middle of completing the game. The fact that it's still unfinished speaks volumes.

And now with the catastrophe in Japan, the game's finished. Don't expect 'updates' for a long time.

Thank you. I'm glad someone said it. Adding things to the game that should've been there day one does not count as additional content. They still haven't even added everything on the back of the case for goodness sake.

But with what's going on in Japan now, they can take all the time they need. I have plenty of other racing games that will keep me busy for quite a long time.
 
Everyone just ignore the troll. Japan got royally screwed, and we're lucky to get these past 2 events. So cut your crap, wait and play something else. Or just sell your copy, we don't need people like you quite frankly.
 
It's really as if you never heard of the quake in Japan.
 
Everyone just ignore the troll. Japan got royally screwed, and we're lucky to get these past 2 events. So cut your crap, wait and play something else. Or just sell your copy, we don't need people like you quite frankly.

👍
 
no dlc

game getting stall

fanboys want to bring up the earthquake as an excuse...

:indiff:
 
no dlc

game getting stall

fanboys want to bring up the earthquake as an excuse...

:indiff:

What's your point? If they don't have power (they don't have power!) they can use the COMPUTERS to work on the game.

Simple to understand really. I guess it's too complicated for some.
 
What you need to do is to go online and find a nice big shuffle race
 
I just don't like this I want more, it should have been better in the beginning, I wanted the game 5 years ago but with all the features, all cars should have been premiums if PD needed 5 years for is and so on attitude a lot of people have! I'm not saying the game is perfect but it is a great game and it is a decent Gran Turismo! And as said there aren't many games that have updated 8 times in 5 months and give new content with seasonals regularly.

We just have to wait some time until life goes back to "normal" in Japan and I believe we will get more stuff for the game and if not well then so be it!
 
no dlc

game getting stall

fanboys want to bring up the earthquake as an excuse...

:indiff:

Dude, It's been a couple of months, you know how long it takes most games to get NEW DLC ? Not the Developer saying, okay lets make this, then take it out, then charge them (90% of FPS games)

If the game is getting stale as you misspelled, sell it, gtfo for all we care !

Okay, so lets say an earthquake hit Activision/EA over here in the US, killed thousands of people and put a whole area in chaos and disaster.
You think they're gonna keep working on a game which most people don't care about ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back