Has the Mileage Exchange run it's course?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 23 comments
Canada
London, Ontario
voodoovaj
I've been suspecting the PD is understaffed for a while now. There's too much circumstantial evidence that they simply don't have the manpower to deliver on their promises.

So in this week's mileage update, all the wheels are repeats, the cars are repeats, and there are no new helmets (still) or driver poses (still). The slots are there, but no content.

Granted, this isn't the top of the priority list for most of us, but obviously, it isn't the top of the priority list for them either. Not that I need more wheels, but I still wonder what ever happened to HRE. We have the HRE wheels sticker, but no wheels. That is so bizarre to me. Comparing this to the content we got in GT6, we're again seeing a stark drop off.

thoughts?

I'm happy they have repeated these items simply because I didn't have the game the first time they came around.

To be honest, the fact they have an outlet for this stuff and it can be added to in time is the main thing. The repeats don't bother me, so long as eventually they release new stuff.

I'm just amazed that the cars are still listed at a special sale price. The Mileage Exchange sale has been going on longer than the DFS one.

Much like the 'Closing Down Sales' of Sports Direct stores. I remember my local branch was closing down for approximately 5 years. And the store is still there (but the sale has stopped).

I feel there's a lot they can add to the ME shop. Imagine some of the body kits we saw in GT5/GT6 for the cars that are currently in Sport, or the ability to purchase some of the cool looking liveries the AI uses in GT League. Maybe even bringing back the car wash/oil change. There's a lot of content they can add in with minimal effort, like fiberglass hoods and window tints.

I feel there's a lot they can add to the ME shop. Imagine some of the body kits we saw in GT5/GT6 for the cars that are currently in Sport, or the ability to purchase some of the cool looking liveries the AI uses in GT League. Maybe even bringing back the car wash/oil change. There's a lot of content they can add in with minimal effort, like fiberglass hoods and window tints.

I'll only accept the oil change coming back if the bhp boost comes with it. Used to love that, max out all the parts and then change the oil for a bhp bump!

I reckon when you hit the maximum 99,999 miles on the mileage exchange credits you should have an option to be able to have a trade all your mileage points in a straight exchange for one of the more unobtainable cars like the 20 mill 330 or XJ13, I have lots of multiple daily reward cars and the real expensive ones always avoid landing for me.. I know the mileage will just rack up again but surely after all those miles to get to 99,999 you'd think you could just swap for one of the dream cars?

Hopefully PD will update the mileage shop with something like this in the future because I'd trade them every time they hit max for a decent car 👍

I reckon when you hit the maximum 99,999 miles on the mileage exchange credits you should have an option to be able to have a trade all your mileage points in a straight exchange for one of the more unobtainable cars like the 20 mill 330 or XJ13, I have lots of multiple daily reward cars and the real expensive ones always avoid landing for me.. I know the mileage will just rack up again but surely after all those miles to get to 99,999 you'd think you could just swap for one of the dream cars?

Hopefully PD will update the mileage shop with something like this in the future because I'd trade them every time they hit max for a decent car 👍

Even a 'lottery ticket' for like 20,000 Mi would do. The same gamble as your daily workout...

Except the higher value cars are more likely to be in your random circles of disappointment.

I've hit the 99,999 ceiling now. Had to spend it on random bits and bobs like rims I'll probably never use and maxing out cars that I like.

It was a pointless inclusion in the first place and seems even more pointless now that it's never truly updated, just recycled.

Disagree; it's the perfect way to encourage players to return/keep playing. Admittedly with the now limited stock that may dwindle but initially, for the casual gamers it's a good incentive to keep playing and logging in each week.

I'd rather see it expanded to include:

• Limited Edition Liveries
  • Bodykits
  • Customisable Manufacturer Liveries (such as the Peugeot 208 GTi half and half)
  • Real world race suits and helmets
  • Lottery tickets for around 20,000Mi for another chance at the daily workout cars

I would really like the inclusion of manufacturer alloy wheels, like they have with colours. I remember back in GT4 you could get wheels from other cars in the game.

For example you could put the BMW M5 wheels on to other cars. Even if it was limited to manufacturers (or by PCD like in the real world) such that the 911 GT3 RS wheels could be put on the Cayman GT4 etc.

I would really like the inclusion of manufacturer alloy wheels, like they have with colours. I remember back in GT4 you could get wheels from other cars in the game.

For example you could put the BMW M5 wheels on to other cars. Even if it was limited to manufacturers (or by PCD like in the real world) such that the 911 GT3 RS wheels could be put on the Cayman GT4 etc.

I loved this feature! Definitely needs to be brought back, especially seeing as we have the manufacturer paint options.

If my mileage points weren't constantly sat on 99,999 I would check to see if I already owned the safety car/other car.

I think PD shot themselves in the foot with the decals, they will never be able to compete with what the community produce, and don't need to worry about the copyright issues if any.

It's not ran its course for me...yet!

I have all the cars but not all rims and paints yet (well at least those I would want). It looks like they have put some thought into expanding it with the additional slots for the helmets, poses and decals - e.g. they could have just put the 3 decal slots screen width!

I'd like to see some aero kits in the exchange at some point but who knows!

They need more cosmetic mods like wings, splitters, side skirts etc.

If universal mods are not possible, put together official OEM and approved kits. This avoids issues where manufacturers don't want their cars adorned with non-approved gear.

And what about windscreen banners or side window decals? If PD aren't going to allow us to add our own, why don't they offer their own designs in the Mileage Exchange?

Back