Has the new update reinvigorated your Forza passion?

Has the new update boosted your passion for this game?

• Total voters

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
A poll to see how many people have got a renewed love for Forza 7 after this update. As for me it really has changed the game.

Forza 6 was very hard to put down with the class leaderboards for every track and simple test drive modes and so on. Is when this was added to 7 in the last update and I jumped in, I found my love for the game that had gone a bit stale sfter completing the drivers cup, had well and truly returned and it is once again very hard to put down. Even the addition of the visible track limits has made laptime chasing even more irresistible.

How many other people out there have had this experience? And not just because of the leaderboards but also the drifting additions as well.

The updates have definitely sparked that flame again. From big things like the Time Attack Rivals to the small things like the the fixes made to the car selection menu, all of it plays out for a great experience, more so than before. I actually feel like tuning cars again, and now that I can use them in any class I want, it's all that more exciting when purchasing a vehicle. With Test Drive now implemented back into the tuning menus, it makes everything so much easier to get through.

Another thing I'd like to note is that I don't know if it's all the racing games coming out lately with sup-par graphics, but I've learned to appreciate the graphical fidelity that is within FM. Games like The Crew 2 and NFS Payback just don't compare in that department, and many others in my opinion.

I didn't have a passion for Forza before the update and I don't have it after the update. For me it's all about the cars and the tracks, so I'm glad the Aston Martin Group C was added free of charge here. Still, these updates never seem to fix errors on existing cars, such as the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 using unremovable Forza front aero by default, and this probably won't change in the foreseeable future. There are many small errors affecting several cars in the game, whether it's missing shifting animations for manual transmissions and so on. Some might say that this is unavoidable with nearly 800 cars. Yes, to an extent I agree but I'd still argue that the quality control on the cars is too sloppy and inconsistent. It kills me more than missing features ever could.

It's obviously great that the class-based leaderboards are back like it used to be in the previous game. Then again, in FM6 I could post leaderboard times in Free Play. This was also possible in FM7 before this update, so I'm not sure why it isn't anymore. Free Play has always been my go-to game mode even for solo driving, so it would annoy me to break this habit and use Rivals just get my times posted. Hopefully it gets fixed. If not, oh well... Maybe I should just rethink my habits then, or not bother with the leaderboards at all. We'll see.

Credits prizes in Forzathon is another thing I've been looking forward to. Sadly, I want to complain about this too. Why do these new prizes in particular not update weekly like the regular challenges we have had for a couple of months now? Moreover, why are the rewards so small like cr. 480.000? Not to act entitled or anything, but why can't the developers not just offer a million or two every now and then? I get Forza fatigue by constantly grinding for most expensive cars on my "to do" list, and I'd like to close this chapter before FH4 comes out. Not going to happen unless this game steps up with a tad more generosity. Of course, there's always the chance that the cars I need will pop up as future Forzathon prizes.

The previous update which unlocked 99,9 % of the cars was much superior, in my opinion. So if any update was supposed to boost some passion, it must have been the one. I doubt anything will excite me much until we get news about the arrival of last car pack for Car Pass holders. Some new track would be welcome as well. Hard to believe they only added the Dubai mountain as genuinely new for the launch, and then nothing post-launch.

Last edited:
Still, these updates never seem to fix errors on existing cars, such as the Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 using unremovable Forza front aero by default, and this probably won't change in the foreseeable future. There are many small errors affecting several cars in the game, whether it's missing shifting animations for manual transmissions and so on. Some might say that this is unavoidable with nearly 800 cars. Yes, to an extent I agree but I'd still argue that the quality control on the cars is too sloppy and inconsistent. It kills me more than missing features ever could.

Exactly. Every game, they say they've gone over every car for touch ups; and yet, the same errors get carried over game after game.

They can't even get the details down on the paid DLC cars like the 720s with its broken active aero animations.

Exactly. Every game, they say they've gone over every car for touch ups; and yet, the same errors get carried over game after game.

They can't even get the details down on the paid DLC cars like the 720s with its broken active aero animations.

There were car errors in FM6 that aren't in FM7, so there's some truth to what was said. The only problem is how they, for FM7 at least, ended up breaking more than they fixed. I suppose it boils down to carelessness and incompetence.

I think some of us were wanting some of that Forza 4 magic... or even Forza 6 and this isnt it.

Forza 7 at this point is more of the same, almost a dead loss at this point.

We'll wait for Forza 8 and possibly a new console.

I think some of us were wanting some of that Forza 4 magic... or even Forza 6 and this isnt it.

Forza 7 at this point is more of the same, almost a dead loss at this point.

We'll wait for Forza 8 and possibly a new console.

"We"? Oh, I didn't recognize you, Pope Francis.

Personally wasn't a big change to me since the only thing I really was looking forward to was the track limits. They're quite strict, yes, but I'll take that anyday over straight-up cutting tirewalls (like indy gp for example). The other changes are good but I'm no drifter or hotlapper.
But I know that this update will eventually lead into penalties being added to the game and potentially other great things.
It's good to see the direction turn 10 is taking now, I'll say that much.

The last batch of CU’s sure were a blast, I absolutely hated the locked cars in FM7 and that got fixed. Already really glad to see the new track limit system and leaderboards. The drift upgrades I don’t care that much about personally but I know the community love em so it’s great. Next thing I am really looking forward to is the rae regulations system (aka penalty system) using the new track limits and so we can finally see those goddamn ugly and annoying Turn 10 tyre (tire?) walls go.

Next thing I am really looking forward to is the rae regulations system (aka penalty system) using the new track limits and so we can finally see those goddamn ugly and annoying Turn 10 tyre (tire?) walls go.

Will the corner tire walls get removed? :eek:

I doubt it because griefers will grief, but they could do with making them more solid (and massively affect your penalty points).

Will the corner tire walls get removed? :eek:

That Asian dev from the monthly streams said (I think in the first stream) that once the race regulations are fully operational, the tire walls can go. But I assume that is only the Turn 10 anti corner cutting tire walls and not the authentic tire walls you see at the tracks.

That Asian dev from the monthly streams said (I think in the first stream) that once the race regulations are fully operational, the tire walls can go. But I assume that is only the Turn 10 anti corner cutting tire walls and not the authentic tire walls you see at the tracks.

Ok, I must have missed that part. Fingers crossed it happens because those Forza barriers really ruin the vibe of some tracks, such as VIR with its golf course-esque atmosphere in the real world.

I would say it has to some extent. The updates are good, but it still needs a few things to really feel like a true successor to FM6 instead of an expansion pack. Mainly I would still like to see 3-4 actually new tracks (preferably non-U.S. tracks), more current racing cars and, for the millionth time, Blueprint for freeplay mode.

Time Trials at Mugello are a great combo that will keep me playing until FH4 at least so for now i'm satisfied.

I'm still waiting for more race friendly changes to happen. The day the tire walls comes down and corner cutting receives a reasonable deterrent and FFB is fixed, then I will be mostly satisfied. For now, the updates are a step in the right direction.

But I can say that I have been wanting to run the game a little more than over the last months, so yes? I think.

In a way, yes, the update reinvigorated my Forza passion, but the game is still not as good or up to par as one might expect from the 7th game in a franchise. Dunno what happened in the transition to Xbox One, but Forza Motorsport games took a dip in quality since FM4 on. And weirdly, FM6 was even a better quality game than 7 is.

BUT... overall, it's been improving with the updates and you simply can't beat the car and track list. Though I wish they would focus on adding tracks to the game above all. It feels Turn 10 is finally listening to what the players want and that's a good start.

Ok, I must have missed that part. Fingers crossed it happens because those Forza barriers really ruin the vibe of some tracks, such as VIR with its golf course-esque atmosphere in the real world.

Indeed and perfect example, it really makes tracks like VIR much uglier. Also, I enjoy racing with sim damage on. On VIR when I slide off the track by mistake I don’t expect a total loss from bumping into a fake tire barrier. Instead I expect to crawl back out of the golf course and get back on the tarmac in 1 piece. :)

And weirdly, FM6 was even a better quality game than 7 is.

True. In theory it's weird, but it's worth remembering at least three things that may have affected FM7 in a bad way. FM7 was not just a matter of making an improved version of FM6. For the first time Turn 10 had to develop one game for three platforms simultaneously (PC, Xbox One and Xbox One X). In the past they could simply focus on the relevant console Microsoft was selling alongside Forza development. Then we also had the ambition for 4K compatibility. It was probably difficult making all ends meet from the get go. None of this is a valid excuse for a lower quality game, but I think most of the blame comes down to the strict release schedule Forza has followed in recent years. Updates can improve and flesh things out, but FM7 will most likely never escape being a somewhat underwhelming successor to a better and less flawed game.

Yes, I would say that it has rekindled my interest in playing FM7, I honestly can't say there's much putting me off from playing it consistently now other than my wanting to try other games.

Not really for me.

I mean, I appreciate that T10 are listening to us and improving the game via updates. But I’ve lost too much interest at this point to get myself back into the game.

My opinion will probably change over time. But I hope everyone else is having fun with it.

No. We STILL cant hotlap against or ghosts in Freeplay.

I just want to hotlap against my fastest ghost in Freeplay against any car in that class.

Why can something so simple that was in Fm2/Fm3/Fm4 still not been implemented in game?? Why T10?

I never understood the charm on Rivals.

If i want to test my Ferrari Speciale against my 720S on lets say Cota? Its not even possible to save my best ghostlap of each car so that i can compare which is fastest and where its faster.

Still no personal local leaderboard with my fastest laps on the tracks...

I would also like to see how many places players made up during a race. So it would be cool to see it in the post race timing screen.

I would also love to see sector times and purple sectors graphics like in Formula 1.

I would also like to have more variables to sort cars in the garage like back in FM2/3/4 or the option to create a favourites cars list in my garage for easy acces online.

Last edited:
No. We STILL cant hotlap against or ghosts in Freeplay.

This just shows that people don't actually look through the games settings, they just assume something has been removed.

In FM4 when rivals was added, T10 defaulted the 'ghosts' to 'Rivals only' in the HUD options for the game. To have ghosts show up in other areas of the game, you have to change that setting to 'on'. In FM5/6/7 you need to do the same. You need to make sure you select your settings in freeplay; and make sure there are no drivatars on track with you. Otherwise your ghost will not show up. Its as simple as that, and has always been as simple as that. People just don't open their eyes and look.

Local leaderboards would be nice however, as would more information on the races in general. And I also agree on the ability to set cars into categories. But the 'ghosts' in free play is and always has been a non issue, because that feature was never removed from the game. Just a different default option added.

p.s Have to forgive my shoddy driving in the video, I wasnt setting up my racing wheel just to record that; and I have barely used a controller for racing games in the past 2 years. So I am a little rusty with it.

I never understood the charm on Rivals
For me, it’s all about testing your mettle against your friends. The most fun comes from taking a car that you don’t typically expect to see on the leaderboards, and making it quick. Another is just having that constant back and forth battle for the spot with your friends, sandbagging just a little bit in hopes that you have a better chance when they update their times. It’s also an easy way to earn credits. One other aspect I like is that it lets me test my tunes against other drivers without having to go online.

Last edited:
For the most part yes. The new drift tuning means I can create some pretty silly builds for fun. With all the continual fixes, I can finally go back to simply enjoying driving cars and taking pictures.

The most fun comes from taking a car that you typically expect to see on the leaderboards, and making it quick.

Guessing you forgot a “don’t” in there? If so I agree.

Rivals is also a good way to learn a new track since you can see in real time how much you are improving.

Latest Posts

Back