Has the new update reinvigorated your Forza passion?

Has the new update boosted your passion for this game?

• Total voters
Guessing you forgot a “don’t” in there? If so I agree.

Rivals is also a good way to learn a new track since you can see in real time how much you are improving.
Yes I did. Don’t know how that happened :lol:

Here I was thinking I had only just discovered the track limit markers. Lucky shot, since I never go into HUD settings.

Just being able to get the bulk of the cars really helped me enjoy it more also.

Now if we could just get more ghost racing going on.....

For me, it’s all about testing your mettle against your friends. The most fun comes from taking a car that you don’t typically expect to see on the leaderboards, and making it quick. Another is just having that constant back and forth battle for the spot with your friends, sandbagging just a little bit in hopes that you have a better chance when they update their times. It’s also an easy way to earn credits. One other aspect I like is that it lets me test my tunes against other drivers without having to go online.
Soo right @ImaRobot. 👍 That's pretty much the reason why I wanted back the class-based rivals events so back. Testing out your builds and getting that quick time is just so satisfying (and rewarding when you earn so much credits). Because of this, Forza 7 became so addictive! :D

This just shows that people don't actually look through the games settings, they just assume something has been removed.

In FM4 when rivals was added, T10 defaulted the 'ghosts' to 'Rivals only' in the HUD options for the game. To have ghosts show up in other areas of the game, you have to change that setting to 'on'. In FM5/6/7 you need to do the same. You need to make sure you select your settings in freeplay; and make sure there are no drivatars on track with you. Otherwise your ghost will not show up. Its as simple as that, and has always been as simple as that. People just don't open their eyes and look.

Local leaderboards would be nice however, as would more information on the races in general. And I also agree on the ability to set cars into categories. But the 'ghosts' in free play is and always has been a non issue, because that feature was never removed from the game. Just a different default option added.

p.s Have to forgive my shoddy driving in the video, I wasnt setting up my racing wheel just to record that; and I have barely used a controller for racing games in the past 2 years. So I am a little rusty with it.

I know that but my ghost never updates to lap without a standing start. And it doesnt even make a difference if i out Ghosts ON insted f RIVALS ONLY. I can see the ghost but it doesnt update. It always starts the ghostlap of my first lap, which means it starts every damn lap from a standstill. It used to update your quickest laps but it doesnt work.

I also have the problem that every lap i do in freeplay gets dirtied for some reason. Even though i dont even touch the white lines during a lap.

And i love how that video basically shows my problem with hotlapping in Forza 7. How is that hotlapping against your own ghost when you have to slow down to race against it??:odd:

Therefor the ghost never updates to my 2nd or third running lap.

Anybody have a fix for this?

I love T10 but they always **** simple **** like this up with every new title.

Last edited:
I also have the problem that every lap i do in freeplay gets dirtied for some reason. Even though i dont even touch the white lines during a lap.
Than you're doing something wrong along the way. I haven't seen laps get invalidated for no reason other than user error at this point. Unless you can provide some sort of example, that's the only guess I can make.

Do you use friction assist?

And i love how that video basically shows my problem with hotlapping in Forza 7. How is that hotlapping against your own ghost when you have to slow down to race against it??:odd:
No, that video doesn't show what you're talking about. What that video shows is that the first lap was faster than the second lap, so the ghost is recorded from the first lap.

I love T10 but they always **** simple **** like this up with every new title.
I'm still under the impression that it's not messed up, but I can't try it until late in the week.

Than you're doing something wrong along the way. I haven't seen laps get invalidated for no reason other than user error at this point. Unless you can provide some sort of example, that's the only guess I can make.

Do you use friction assist?

No, that video doesn't show what you're talking about. What that video shows is that the first lap was faster than the second lap, so the ghost is recorded from the first lap.

I'm still under the impression that it's not messed up, but I can't try it until late in the week.

This is what i mean with driving against your ghost.

In this example he’s drifting but i used to spend hours upon hours in Fm2/3/4 just lapping against my Ghost to improve my driving and lines. Its just not possible anymore it seems.

I’d also like to see a top 10 list of my fastest laps when i select a specific track.
There is so much cool data that T10 just doesnt explore or show in this game. Its mindboggling. Simple things that where in previous games just thrown into the bin.

Still no new Homespace.. we had it since FM3/4/6

Remember these?

(Not my pic)
jc6p3LG.jpg

It not only changes the way the whole menu and game looks but is also a great addition for Photomode.

Last edited:
In this example he’s drifting but i used to spend hours upon hours in Fm2/3/4 just lapping against my Ghost to improve my driving and lines. Its just not possible anymore it seems.
I'm not confused about what you mean, though.

I’d also like to see a top 10 list of my fastest laps when i select a specific track.
There is so much cool data that T10 just doesnt explore or show in this game. Its mindboggling. Simple things that where in previous games just thrown into the bin.
Ever since I purchased my first GT game, that is one of the aspects I really liked about it, but it was just missing the other side of the leaderboards.

Still no new Homespace.. we had it since FM3/4/6
I do :( The garage, while nice, just doesnt cut it for a homespace. I was hoping with this iteration that they'd produce more, but unfortunately not.

Jesu* that was it? Thanks for that dude.
Figured as much, that will 100% of the time make your lap dirty.

The reason my Ghost started from a standstill on my second lap, was because I had no previous 'ghost' data for the class/car on that track till after the 1st lap. The reason it started from a standstill on the third lap was as @ImaRobot pointed out; first lap was faster than the second lap. If you was unsure of something from my video, you should have asked me to have a second run and to do more than 2 laps. Not instantly declare that a short 2 lap video corroborates with your particular issue. Too small a lap time to prove or disprove your point, and wasn't even remotely what you stated in your original post either.

No. We STILL cant hotlap against or ghosts in Freeplay.

I just want to hotlap against my fastest ghost in Freeplay against any car in that class.

If you give more information in regards to your particular issue, more often than not someone can provide an actual answer to that problem. Once you stated the problem you was having in greater detail, it allowed the question to be asked in regards to 'Friction assist'. Solving your issue I assume?

Now if we could just get more ghost racing going on.....

I ran some ghosts and regular Multi-player over the last couple of days, and I was pleasantly surprised by the ghosts events. I didnt do well due to lack of skills, but it was still fun enough.

The regular Multi-player lobby was a hot mess. I was always punted off course at nearly every turn. I got so frustrated with the lobby I was eyeing the report icon. But then I remembered what's happening there is a Turn 10 caused issue, so I can't blame those denizens for their lack of racing etiquette.

This update has certainly made me more receptive to getting FM8 if and when it comes out.

Turn 10 has a lot, and I mean "A LOT" to prove in order for me to buy FM8. Truth be told, I was gonna pass on FM7, but a friend recommended it to me. I was (and I'm still) disappointed in Forza. The game isn't going in the direction I would like it to go. I want it to take the Motorsports side of its name a lot more serious. But as ever, Forza still is a hodge podge of cars and vague racing with drifting thrown in. Nothing in Forza pushes me to be a better player, let alone a better sim racer. And a lot of the things I can get away with in Forza are bannable offenses in other racing sims. Plus the incoherent FFB, which has been awful for years, is another fly in the Forza ointment...

I'm sorry. I cannot and will not purchase Forza anything, just because it's a "Forza" title.

Last edited:
I don't care what anybody says, Forza 7 is where it's at right now. I find myself tuning and upgrading cars a lot more than I did months ago. So many different cars and combinations to play with it makes my head spin around. If they pushed Forza 8 until 2020 I can see myself still being occupied and playing with Forza 7 until then. I do hope they will address just a few more issues and throw in a track pack of some kind to make the longevity even sweeter.

For me, I rather Forza NOT take itself seriously and continue to do what it does best: being fun with lots of cars to drive and collect. However, that doesn't mean it can't keep on improving, and that's excatly what T10 are doing, especially after how they last performed during Forza 7's release.

Forza is a game that is made for everybody to enjoy (whether they be car lovers or gamers), and not just the serious crowd. If you want serious racing, there are many racers out that focuses on that, such as PCARS 2. Although the online side does need rules to make the racing better (and cleaner). That I can agree with.

The more T10 continues to improve FM7, the more I believe FM8 will be the best motorsport yet! I'm loving the new T10 and their updates so far, and only hope they stay this way so long as we (the fans) give them support throughout. :)

Oh, and I'm still glad T10 aren't ditching FM7. I want to see it grow more and more. Heck, it's become so addictive now thanks to the updates and new features. :D

Plus the incoherent FFB, which has been awful for years, is another fly in the Forza ointment...

This really bugs me when people state this about FM7's force feedback, because FM7 is vastly improved in this area. And I am not just saying that, you can actually tell what the car is doing now. The only thing that is missing currently, is automatic soft locking of the wheels rotation depending on what car you are driving (like how Assetto Corsa and iRacing handle things in that regard). So you still have to manually change the DOR for what you are driving in the game. And there is a lack of 'road' feel. And if you have a good enough wheel, even some of that can be omitted with a small amount of vibration added in. I found in FM7 on my T300RS, that using a little vibration allows you to feel when the front wheels of the car are beginning to slip. Plus it improves the feel as you drive over the kerbs. But on my G920 wheel, I found using any vibration at all made the force feedback feel muddy.

It is far from perfect, but if you compare it directly to FM6's force feedback; its a night and day difference. And again, I am not just saying that.

I did the video in the Xbox version of FM7 on my G920. I talk about any differences between my T300 and my G920 in there.

p.s I am not used to talking in videos, and found it quite uncomfortable when I recorded the video. Its a strange sensation basically talking to yourself and recording for use in a video.

Forza's FFB is improved, but it's nowhere near where I expect it to be. This is the 7th iteration of the game. The 6th version with FFB, and they're just now making improvements in this department?

Is internet lag affecting on-screen visuals and physics new or just worsened?

Nothing like being taken out of a race by a monumental slow down, followed by super speed into a field, or counter steering that doesn't actually happen even though you did it.

Seems like every time I get into this game they do something to make me lose interest.
Freeplay and career mode remain great, so long as you don't mind racing hyper powered AI that rams you like an online noob.

Turn 10 has a lot, and I mean "A LOT" to prove in order for me to buy FM8. Truth be told, I was gonna pass on FM7, but a friend recommended it to me. I was (and I'm still) disappointed in Forza. The game isn't going in the direction I would like it to go. I want it to take the Motorsports side of its name a lot more serious. But as ever, Forza still is a hodge podge of cars and vague racing with drifting thrown in. Nothing in Forza pushes me to be a better player, let alone a better sim racer. And a lot of the things I can get away with in Forza are bannable offenses in other racing sims. Plus the incoherent FFB, which has been awful for years, is another fly in the Forza ointment...

I'm sorry. I cannot and will not purchase Forza anything, just because it's a "Forza" title.

Turn 10 knows and probably one of the reasons why FM8 isn't coming anytime soon. They'd need to rethink things quite thoroughly in order to justify a successor.

Is internet lag affecting on-screen visuals and physics new or just worsened?
In multiplayer scenarios? I don't know, it doesn't seem too much different to me. It's not often in my case, though.

Nothing like being taken out of a race by a monumental slow down, followed by super speed into a field, or counter steering that doesn't actually happen even though you did it.
That's an unfortunate side affect when you race with people that are either foreign to your location, or just have crap internet in general. I have no idea why the cant program something in to make them ghost when people have latency problems.

Freeplay and career mode remain great, so long as you don't mind racing hyper powered AI that rams you like an online noob.
Unbeatable difficulty seems to be better in that regard, especially when using the longer race selections. I've noticed that more often than not it was user error that caused my misfortune, but that's not to say that the stupid AI doesn't come in every once in a while.

In multiplayer scenarios? I don't know, it doesn't seem too much different to me. It's not often in my case, though.

That's an unfortunate side affect when you race with people that are either foreign to your location, or just have crap internet in general. I have no idea why the cant program something in to make them ghost when people have latency problems.

Unbeatable difficulty seems to be better in that regard, especially when using the longer race selections. I've noticed that more often than not it was user error that caused my misfortune, but that's not to say that the stupid AI doesn't come in every once in a while.
I don't know, all the internet problems in GT5 and 6, and the physics lag was basically indetectable, because the game wouldn't affect your own visuals and physics, at least nothing like that. That was racing people across the globe.

The AI is better on long races with unbeatable, but then they're hyper powered.
It's very similar to classic GT, where hyper powered AI cars crash a lot, so sometimes the race is handed to me in a lap or two, because the AI isn't really programmed for the additional speed and subsequently crashes from braking too late.
And in some situations, so ridiculously out of spec they really are unbeatable.
A la Ford GT endurance event.

I don't know, all the internet problems in GT5 and 6, and the physics lag was basically indetectable, because the game wouldn't affect your own visuals and physics, at least nothing like that. That was racing people across the globe.
Weird, can't say I've noticed anything like that yet. Are you on the base console?

The AI is better on long races with unbeatable, but then they're hyper powered.
It's very similar to classic GT, where hyper powered AI cars crash a lot, so sometimes the race is handed to me in a lap or two, because the AI isn't really programmed for the additional speed and subsequently crashes from braking too late.
And in some situations, so ridiculously out of spec they really are unbeatable.
A la Ford GT endurance event.
I haven't encountered an crazy AI like that, usually they're more then a couple thousand feet behind by 1/2-3/4 into the race. Every once in a while there is one or two that is a good bit faster than the pack though.

As for the errors, on unbeatable, I don't see them anymore or less accidents in slower classes compared to the higher class I usually race in. I do notice that if youre a good bit faster than them, they tend to make a lot more errors by trying to match your pace, and end up failing. Humans do that too though.

Weird, can't say I've noticed anything like that yet. Are you on the base console?

I haven't encountered an crazy AI like that, usually they're more then a couple thousand feet behind by 1/2-3/4 into the race. Every once in a while there is one or two that is a good bit faster than the pack though.

As for the errors, on unbeatable, I don't see them anymore or less accidents in slower classes compared to the higher class I usually race in. I do notice that if youre a good bit faster than them, they tend to make a lot more errors by trying to match your pace, and end up failing. Humans do that too though.
I'm on the "s".

I can't say they're always bad, I've had a lot of good races as long as they're not too long or short, but randomly they just seem to overdrive the hell out of it, it might be certain tracks, or random luck, I don't know.

You didn't have any problems with the 162 lap endurance career race on unbeatable?
If so I need mucho practice at Sebring, because most tracks I can take the lead around halfway through a medium length race.
(Quite a few FM7 tracks I never drove in any game before)

This just shows that people don't actually look through the games settings, they just assume something has been removed.

In FM4 when rivals was added, T10 defaulted the 'ghosts' to 'Rivals only' in the HUD options for the game. To have ghosts show up in other areas of the game, you have to change that setting to 'on'. In FM5/6/7 you need to do the same. You need to make sure you select your settings in freeplay; and make sure there are no drivatars on track with you. Otherwise your ghost will not show up. Its as simple as that, and has always been as simple as that. People just don't open their eyes and look.

Local leaderboards would be nice however, as would more information on the races in general. And I also agree on the ability to set cars into categories. But the 'ghosts' in free play is and always has been a non issue, because that feature was never removed from the game. Just a different default option added.

p.s Have to forgive my shoddy driving in the video, I wasnt setting up my racing wheel just to record that; and I have barely used a controller for racing games in the past 2 years. So I am a little rusty with it.

When I read about the August update, I was excited about the possibility of proper ghost hot lapping and local leaderboards, however I am again disappointed. The ability to race against a rival ghost is a step in the right direction, but very limited. In free play, How do I load a ghost from a different day/session? Is there any way to save them?

When I read about the August update, I was excited about the possibility of proper ghost hot lapping and local leaderboards, however I am again disappointed. The ability to race against a rival ghost is a step in the right direction, but very limited. In free play, How do I load a ghost from a different day/session? Is there any way to save them?
I too would like to know how to activate ghosts in freeplay.

Latest Posts

Back