Has the new update reinvigorated your Forza passion?

Has the new update boosted your passion for this game?

• Total voters
Wow
Considuring my video on how to turn on ghosts in freeplay is included in the post you just quoted, i am surprised you are asking that. :indiff:
Wow I didn't even watch it lol. My bad man I need more sleep, carry on.

Considuring my video on how to turn on ghosts in freeplay is included in the post you just quoted, i am surprised you are asking that. :indiff:

As I mentioned... The ghost features for proper hot lapping are dismal:

1) You can race your ghost from your current "Free Run" session. But as soon as you back out, that ghost is lost forever.

2) There is no way to save ghosts from "Free Run" sessions, to use later to hot lap. There is no way to load ghosts from leaderboards in free run.

3) Forget about ghosts... There is not even a local leaderboard. Do you want to hot lap all your Type Rs to see which one is faster and how they compare in Free Run? Forget it, better get a pen an paper.

This was a huge deal breaker and the reason many hot-lapers stopped playing this game. I was ready to shell my hard earned money on a Thrustmaster wheel, buy all the DLCs and enjoy Forza Horizon as well. However, this is a huge deal breaker for me. I bought the game only because I was certain that Turn 10 would fix it with time. A year after release and still not fixed.

I will not be purchasing any Forza games until this is fixed if ever

1) You can race your ghost from your current "Free Run" session. But as soon as you back out, that ghost is lost forever.

That is not necessarily a bad thing, since it allows you to run against your fastest ghost for that particular session.

2) There is no way to save ghosts from "Free Run" sessions, to use later to hot lap. There is no way to load ghosts from leaderboards in free run.

Rivals mode is for loading ghosts from the leaderboard, and T10 have now added back class based rivals; so this mode is back in line with every Forza Motorsport title since FM4 in this regard.

3) Forget about ghosts... There is not even a local leaderboard. Do you want to hot lap all your Type Rs to see which one is faster and how they compare in Free Run? Forget it, better get a pen an paper.

To be honest, i've always used a pen and paper then testing these sort of things. I keep a notepad and pen by my side while playing any racing game for recording times, and for writing down coordinates in Minecraft. Its a habit I picked up back in the days of the Gran Turismo 1 and 2. Its not exactly hard to pause the game for a moment, just to jot down a time.

This was a huge deal breaker and the reason many hot-lapers stopped playing this game.

Your trying to talk for a group of people now, its not a wise thing do to. You have no idea what the main reasons are for most people to stop playing a game. You can speculate its because of this or that reason, but you cant make it a point of actuality.

I bought the game only because I was certain that Turn 10 would fix it with time. A year after release and still not fixed.

I cant remember what the last Forza Motorsport was with local leaderboards, but I think it must have been FM3, which was the last title before rivals mode was added in FM4 (FM4 may have had locals in some capacity, but I am not hooking up my 360 to check). Even having a ghost system to which you described you want. Older Forza games used to store ghosts locally, with the fastest car you used for a given class on a given track. You could delete that data and start again, but that was the range of that system.

Track days would be great if it wasn’t for the fact that every other person is a nobjock in an F1 car who can’t do a lap without crashing in to somebody.

I didn't even realise time attacks were added until a few minutes ago when I was browsing the rivals mode menu looking for an interesting event.
It's like a new game again. Absolutely delighted.

Something that has reinvorgated my passion, was watching the latest Forza monthly video... The one for October folks. Esaki doesn't sound like he's blowing smoke and tossing catch phrases in order to get people excited. He sounds like he knows what needs to be fixed with the game. That is good to see. I hope the crash physics and FFB can hit sooner rather than later, but I'm sure those will take time.

Good stuff!

I cant remember what the last Forza Motorsport was with local leaderboards, but I think it must have been FM3, which was the last title before rivals mode was added in FM4 (FM4 may have had locals in some capacity, but I am not hooking up my 360 to check).
The last game with local leaderboards was FM2 :(.

I loved forza for over 10 years, but bailed like a month after FM7 came out due to fatigue and feeling they had lost their way with various issues and design choices. These changes and new dedication to post release QoL improvements are nice and have me interested for their future, but I doubt I'll get back around to it until FM8.

I'd say the new December update has made me more willing to start up the game simply because the new main interface has brought a much more positive mood to the game. Funny what a fresh coat of paint can do.

The FFB updates makes the game feel much better, it's still not perfect but its lightyears ahead of what was in place. I didnt have too much time with the game since the update. For now, I need the game to automatically adjust Degrees of rotation and I still feel it's way too tough to catch slides with Sim steering on, but for the most part, the steering is no longer numb.

The FFB updates makes the game feel much better, it's still not perfect but its lightyears ahead of what was in place. I didnt have too much time with the game since the update. For now, I need the game to automatically adjust Degrees of rotation and I still feel it's way too tough to catch slides with Sim steering on, but for the most part, the steering is no longer numb.

I agree about being too hard to catch slides. It almost feels like Forza has a not-quite-perfect tire model, whose slight deficiencies were masked by everyone using the gamepad and its associated assists.

I was trying the Porsche 918 and Carrera GT, comparing Forza and PCARS 2 back to back on identical tracks (Bathurst, Nurburgring). In PCARS 2 the stability is so much better at high speed and when braking, and fishtailing occurs so much less.

With each update, I come back to play, but I don’t usually last more than maybe a couple of hours.

For me personally, the game really needs Horizon’s Blueprint settings. The current car classes are quite frustrating, and with the addition of the M8 GTE, the current crop of GTE cars are quite solid, but I don’t want to be racing against out of date cars like the M3 GT2 or Corvette C6R.

I also want the choice of being able to set the time of day. It’s very fustrating having TOD be random, as I personally don’t want to be racing in the early morning. Sometimes it’s basically dark even when you’ve chosen the daytime setting.

The game also desperately needs new tracks. Even if it’s just one or two, but the current list has run very dry. The new tracks to FM7 included only one circuit that I hadn’t driven on in Forza. It needs something new.

I agree about being too hard to catch slides. It almost feels like Forza has a not-quite-perfect tire model, whose slight deficiencies were masked by everyone using the gamepad and its associated assists.

I was trying the Porsche 918 and Carrera GT, comparing Forza and PCARS 2 back to back on identical tracks (Bathurst, Nurburgring). In PCARS 2 the stability is so much better at high speed and when braking, and fishtailing occurs so much less.

Braking is an entirely different animal in Forza. I never liked how any Forza game handles braking. In Stock form, the brake pedal is way too sensitive. I've did the dead zone thing, but the feeling is still all or nothing when braking a stock car. And all cars needs to have race brakes before you can adjust the pressures. The problem is, often once you do this to a car, you've either performed an illegal modification and cannot use the car in the Homoligation class, or you've spent too many PI points on the brakes and now your car's performance will suffer in other areas. I get the balancing act of building for a class, but it's annoying that I have to use an in game upgrade to fix one of the game's shortcomings.

After the other day playing assetto corsa and project cars 2 on my new g920 wheel. I may never play forza again. Those other Gabe’s are just so much better more real. I will still enjoy horizon 4

Back