Haul In The Lurkers For GT6

  • Thread starter Thread starter VBR
  • 35 comments
  • 2,796 views

VBR

Tatakae!
Premium
Messages
7,947
England
London
While viewing the Users Online box on the main forum page, I noticed that there were only 804 members signed in, but 3,123 guests viewing the forum! :boggled:

So, if you're one of those lurkers who are enjoying the site now that GT6 is here, why not sign up & say hello in this thread? It's time to come on out of the woodwork & join in! :D


:cheers:
 
lol The rest are PD staff that can't make accounts...

Edit: 2,319 to find out the glitches and errors
 
Bonjour!

I've been debating whether to purchase gt6 but I think I will hold out until the January updates. But I keep checking the site every few hours for any interesting news, but I don't usually log in :)
 
Bonjour!

I've been debating whether to purchase gt6 but I think I will hold out until the January updates. But I keep checking the site every few hours for any interesting news, but I don't usually log in :)

IMO, for anyone riding on the fence, it's worth it just for the new physics, cars and tracks. Yes there are issues and many will get patched, but it is so much more fun to drive with a wheel now it's crazy. Last night I started tuning a Ford Focus and really got the tune right and just went from track to track for hours just for the pleasure of driving. And I absolutely hated FF's in GT5:mad:. At Mount Panorama you can feel and hear the car fighting for grip, tires chirping, front end bouncing and there's enough feedback there that you can recover if you over cook it sometimes because you see, hear and feel it coming. At Brands Hatch you have several corners over a rise and you have to hit them right and you feel the front end grip. Go in a little hot and it pushes to the outside and you have to use a soft brake touch to avoid going into the sand and so you lose some speed. You can feel it when the front tires begin to grip again!
 
Sometimes I wish forums were locked to memebers only haha, because then 2000 have the same tune as you
 
Sometimes I wish forums were locked to memebers only haha, because then 2000 have the same tune as you
Forums should be members only for that purpose, I'm new to the site but as soon as I found it made an account ..
 
Sometimes I wish forums were locked to memebers only haha, because then 2000 have the same tune as you

That's why some people choose not to share their little secrets. I was hoping the Daihatsu Mira sleeper car wouldn't get out of the bag but oh well.

OP, lots of the lurkers have accounts but just aren't signed in. Like when I'm on my phone or another computer I don't sign in because I don't know my login stuff.
 
Yo!

Had this account for years, but never log in and post, but i've lurked on here constantly for many years (if I can't play GT at work, may as well read up about it!)

I for one am really enjoying GT6 regardless of its shortcomings. People should just be grateful that the first GT was successful enough to spawn 5 sequels and all the other offshoots and that Kaz isn't spending his time developing crappy arcade racers for your Ipad.
 
Last edited:
OK - I just did. Sheesh, I was wondering when someone was going to invite me in! :)

I do enjoy this forum. I'm an older guy who is still new in the GT planet - GT5 was my first racing game. I'm enjoying GT6 by finally learning to drive well with all driving aids off except ABS at 4 for the first time since I've been playing the game (2012.)

FWIW: there is a high value here in lurking, as you learn a LOT of tips to become a better driver. I can't think of very much I'd be able to add to the conversation right now other than preferences or to needlessly gripe. Anyways - maybe some day I'll be a good enough driver to add something of substance. Other than that - I'll see you online....when I'm confident enough to give that a spin!
 
The trouble is

If you have an opinion on here and its legitimate, there are always the fanboys there to shoot you down in flames, and so people are affraid to post on here for fear of being struckoff.
 
Sometimes I wish forums were locked to memebers only haha, because then 2000 have the same tune as you

I tune my own cars, so no one has the same tune as me!

You will never become a better driver using someone else's tunes. You have to tune the car yourself, understanding how your changes, affect the things that happen on the road, and vice versa. Of course, this is not a simple process, and I can understand how, and why others, would resort to using someone else's crutch, but it is possible to figure things out for yourself.

After a sabaticle lasting almost two years, I returned to GT5, and had several epiphanies. I now understand how to tune cars a lot better, and I can observe the effects in game, that several suspension settings have on the cars that I drive. How good were my GT5 setups? Well, lets just say (in GT5 at least), that there is no need for downforce, other than as a corrective measure, and almost 99% of the cars that I drove in that game, had the minimum of downforce necessary.
 
I first registered during GT5, but never really posted much. In fact, the only thing I really did post for was relating to B-Spec. And I'll probably do the same when it gets re-introduced for GT6. At least the PSN friend limit is much larger now - was pretty hard to trade Bob's with people while having a friends list made up of two large online communities.

Anyway, what's up. I'm a longtime GT player (since GT2), though most of you would consider me "casual". While I've never been particularly fond of the direction PD has taken their career modes, one thing has never changed for me - I've always enjoyed the feel of driving the cars in these games. GT5 took that to another level when I finally got a wheel (DFGT) and I'm glad it still works just as well in GT6.

As I said, I'll probably be a bit more active once B-spec drops. But until then, good to meet you all.
 
That's a few of the several thousand... welcome :cheers:

Let's see some more 👍
 
Those lurkers are only here to read about the 20mil glitch.
Seeing if any action has been taken etc...
 
OK - I just did. Sheesh, I was wondering when someone was going to invite me in! :)

I do enjoy this forum. I'm an older guy who is still new in the GT planet - GT5 was my first racing game. I'm enjoying GT6 by finally learning to drive well with all driving aids off except ABS at 4 for the first time since I've been playing the game (2012.)

FWIW: there is a high value here in lurking, as you learn a LOT of tips to become a better driver. I can't think of very much I'd be able to add to the conversation right now other than preferences or to needlessly gripe. Anyways - maybe some day I'll be a good enough driver to add something of substance. Other than that - I'll see you online....when I'm confident enough to give that a spin!

I'm no spring chicken myself and when i first got into GT was back in 5 Prologue, took the plunge and joined the site. Back then I was using the pad with all aids on. Racing with the GTP guy's not only improved my driving in speed but also the other ins and outs associated with GT. The WRS improved my overall speed by learning about the perfect line to get those all imortant quick times. The racing provided the opportunity to observe other people's lines and braking points while under race conditions and the tuning section had more than enough information for me to make the decision to start not only to tune for myself but alos see if others could drive my stuff, it's a gamble that can easily leave you with egg on your face, but if only one person posts to give you a thumbs up it's worth it.
I may have had a break from thr GT series for 3 years but when I came back to GT5 last month, my first port of call was GTPlanet.
You made a good choice in signing up nows the next step, join in and watch your driving improve, because it will with the help you can get here.

Cheers Bee_Bee9
 
OK - I just did. Sheesh, I was wondering when someone was going to invite me in! :)

I do enjoy this forum. I'm an older guy who is still new in the GT planet - GT5 was my first racing game.

I guess you would be surprised to see the average age here ... :scared:

:gtpflag:welcome lurkers!
 
I'm more worried about the fact that there are 134 robots at the moment I write this.
Anyone know what they are?
 
I'm more worried about the fact that there are 134 robots at the moment I write this.
Anyone know what they are?

They're (as far as I'm aware) crawlers for search engines.

Welcome the rest of you lurkers! I typically lurk around here; that's why I have so few posts over the few years I've been here (that and I left for a while)
 
Been using this fine, resourceful site for years (since GT3!), but rarely see a need to participate in the, ahem, intercourse.
 
Ok, I've finally gone and signed up, long time reader first time poster an all that stuff.

Found this site when stuck on a GT5 race (can't remember which one now) and been using it since for tips. Only found out about certain free cars from this site, Jaguar chrome line race car for GT5 for example.

Been a GT'er since GT2 and have mastered the art of twitching round corners with the pad, never had a wheel.

So, Hello....

PS. Loving GT6, by far the best GT game so far (in my humble opinion)
 
Last edited:
Hi.

I've posted quite a few times in the early stages of GT5, but never really logged much after that. Still don't have GT6, but really want it! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
 
Well i guess ill speak up as well, joined up a couple of days after the release, got the anniversary copy from eb games here in the frozen tundra of the north.
Been playing since gt1 debuted and still kill off most of the winter testing new tunes and different cars. Ive read a lot of helpful tips over the years and also read a lot of garbage, so cheers to the helpful.
Ill try to contribute something useful
 
It was worth it to come back to these forums. I'm having an impactful effort in bringing awareness to some of the bigger problems facing GT6 such as chassis rigidity. Plus the new "Alert" system really saves time when tracking your posts and threads.

And the feeling of having your posts "liked"...
 
Lurkers, please don't post unless you have something worthwhile to say that hasn't been said but all the other people in this forum who should be lurking.
 
Back