Have any of you seen this version of Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

United States
Douglasville, G
BlackStig
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I really didn't know what to enter into the search engine in order to find this topic:

I was just wondering if any of you guys/gals have seen this version of GT3 A-spec.

I've never seen it in my life, and at first I just thought it was an older red-disc version but I looked at it further and saw the "Not for Sale" sign and how it didn't have that cool GT3 pattern on the front.

I popped the disc in and it has all of the same cars, but I noticed that, from the original, the camera angles for my replays are extremely different, like, top mounted tracking cameras, where helicopter chase cams would be, and bold angle car shots where tracking cams would be, I don't know, I'm just hoping that you guys could help me out.

Here are some images of the disc so you guys can under stand what I'm babbling about.

DSC00230.JPG

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00233.JPG

Thank you in advanced for any and all help that you guys might be able to provide

Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Yep. I own that version. It is the NTSC version of the GT Racing Pack. It came in 2001. GT3+PS2 Bundle Pack.

Ohhhhhhh, thanks a lot Tercel Driver, I was about to trip or something. I've never seen this version before and I was starting to think that maybe I was out of the loop. Well, I was, but you know what I'm getting at. That's weird, because it says not for sale, and I bought it from Electronics Boutique for $12.99.

Oh well. Thanks again Tercel

Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Yep.

I also still have the red box. It is a lil bit used up , but it is still there.

What does that look like, because I got the normal blue box that I got with my other copy of GT3

Originally posted by Shadow Drifter
Ohhhhhhh, thanks a lot Tercel Driver, I was about to trip or something. I've never seen this version before and I was starting to think that maybe I was out of the loop. Well, I was, but you know what I'm getting at. That's weird, because it says not for sale, and I bought it from Electronics Boutique for $12.99.

Oh well. Thanks again Tercel

Semper Fidelis
Shadow Drifter

LOL EB needs to give all employees thick eyeglasses for those NOT FOR SALE signs but your really lucky to get one

I could show you the Japanese and Pal box, but i'm too lazy. I think the Pal GT-Racing pack disk looks exactly the same as the normal one.

live4speed that is the same case as mine. (just checking the disc) my disc is silver shiny with black stripe with words on them. I got it for 50AUD first games that were on sale for 50AUD instead of 100AUD

Originally posted by LoudMusic
The regular disk is blue.

My plastic case isn't red though. Did you do that, Live for Speed?

Hmm.. lots of versions it seems. I got the ps2 bundle, red box, red GT3 box but with a silver disc. Like yours SmallFryz..

Originally posted by GTJugend
Hmm.. lots of versions it seems. I got the ps2 bundle, red box, red GT3 box but with a silver disc. Like yours SmallFryz..

yep thats the one ive got

I have that version. It was the ps2 gt3 bundle. The case isn't red, what live4speed showed is the PAL version. The US Bundle pack version case had the same front of the PAL version, a different back, and no red case. The red cd you showed is from that bundle. If my other comp. worked, I'd show you guys the case and CD.

The picture quality isn't great, but here is the standard Pal retail GT3 and the standard retail Japanese GT3.

Japanese Outside.
attachment.php

Japanese Inside.
attachment.php

Pal Outside.
attachment.php

Pal Inside.
attachment.php

The Pal boxes always look the crappiest.

Pal games only work in Pal systems, which are in Europe and Aus/NZ. The only way you can play PAL games on an NTSC (JP or US) system, would be to have it modified.

I must admit the Japanese GT3 was a steal, it only cost me £5 in the same shop I bought my Pal copy almost over two years ago. Mind you I got a Japanese GT2 for £5 as well.

this is the Japanese front and back cover very plain and simple me like =)

Attachments

• gran turismo ntsc j 3 cover.jpg
    gran turismo ntsc j 3 cover.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 113
Heh, somehow I managed to attatch the same image twice. I fixed that. I thnk the Japanese back looks better than the Pal version.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Heh, somehow I managed to attatch the same image twice. I fixed that. I thnk the Japanese back looks better than the Pal version.

haha thats why i posted mine up i noticed you did 2 inside covers :D :lol: :)

Well to be honest not many people care that much, seeing as they mostly only own one version of the game. Also you don't spend much time looking at the box or the manual, well I know I don't. But yes the Packaging on Japanese games is usually better.

Back