Have you ever run out of gas in GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jujubean
  • 34 comments
  • 6,801 views

Have you ever run out of fuel in GT5?


  • Total voters
    58
Messages
498
Messages
Jujubean14
Wasn't it demeaning and embarrassing? I ran out on the Indy 500, and could hardly stand the shame of limping around the track in my Peugot as the thousands of digital race fans whispered amongst themselves, "I thought diesels got better mileage, but I guess it just goes to show you that you can't trust everything you hear."

I still won though, so I showed them.
 
Last edited:
I ran out of fuel in my FGT three times during the Indy 500. I kept thinking to myself "just one more lap", and it didn't work.
 
I was racing my step-brother around Rome both in X1s to see who got the best time. We never re-fueled to see what would happen. He won becuase he had a wheel. :grumpy:
 
Yes, in a B-spec race and it was completely my fault. It was either FGT or Super GT race at Fuji, the race took about 40 mins I think. Either way, I was leading and it was inside 7 laps remaining and Bob asked to pit. Tires were good and I over ruled his request, and this happened for 2 or 3 laps. About a minute into a lap I found out why he wanted to pit so bad, I ran out of fuel. It was a long and agonzing trip back to the pits. Bob ended up finishing 2nd after a furious charge through the field in the last couple laps but needed 1 more lap to get the victory. I learned my lesson and Bon never passes up an opportunity to remind me.
 
Did the Suzuka 1000 in a detuned ZR-1 RM and ran out of fuel on the last turn of the last lap. I should have pit on the previous lap but I told myself to hang in for one more lap. Good thing it was downhill cause I cruised right across the line.
 
I ran out on lap 195 at Indy after having a big lead. I had just passed the pits too and so I had to limp around for an entire lap and then when I finally did pit I mistakenly took on full fuel...Ended up in 6th!
 
In GT4 I did, in GT5 during the 4 hours of Nurburgring I had nothing but a thin blue line in my fuel tank in the HUD. But I was on that insane straight before the pits so I could pit in time, it was all good :D.

You should really edit your poll, just put "yes" and "no" as answers, your poll.. makes no sense.
 
In B-Spec 4hr. Nurberg stupid Bob came into the pits for what I thought was for gas and tires but the pit crew only changed the tires!! Bob went back out with no gas but he managed to crawl back to get fuel. This has happened twice now. Maybe the pit crew is even more stupid.
 
I too managed to run out during the Indy 500. I had 5 laps to go with a comfortable lead when it happened and right after passing the pits and before the start/finish. I limped a full lap that took seamingly forever to finally pit only to make the mistake of taking on full fuel which by itself takes forever...I finished 6th
 
No but I eat lots of beans before racing :sly:
 
Seems like Indy is the place for most of us. That is because you try to stretch the number of laps between pit stops in the endurance, but usually end up pitting with like 5 laps to go.
 
Likewise, running the 500 in the X2010, I was coasting several times.
 
I forget what event I was running, but I was in the Formula GT on the Indy road course, and I tried to finish without pitting but I ran out of fuel near the end of the final lap and by the time I crawled to the finish line I lost half a dozen positions.
 
I'm currently 12hr 57min into the 24hrs of LeMans and I've ran out of gas twice so far. The first time, I turned around and went backwards and the second time I went all the way around...it took about 6:45 to get around:( tires don't wear to fast in the rain...
 
I did during the 4hr Nurb race. I always put less fuel than what they recommend but that time, I tried to skimp it a bit much. And it was right after the carousel.:ouch: So yea, I had to putt putt for half of a lap. Yea, I lost.👎
 
In GT4 I did, in GT5 during the 4 hours of Nurburgring I had nothing but a thin blue line in my fuel tank in the HUD. But I was on that insane straight before the pits so I could pit in time, it was all good :D.

You should really edit your poll, just put "yes" and "no" as answers, your poll.. makes no sense.

What doesn't make sense?
Option 1: Yes, it sucked
Option 2: Yes, but on purpose
Option 3: No, it sucked
Option 4: No, but on purpose

clear as day
 
Happened while doing Indy enduro in my X2010. Was too focused on running fast laps instead of my fuel gauge and pitted three laps after I was supposed to. Limped around for 3/4 of a lap to get back into the pits. Lesson learned: 14,000 rpm guzzles fuel fast.
 
You should really edit your poll, just put "yes" and "no" as answers, your poll.. makes no sense.

hahaha that's the best part of it. Take your pick seeee.
 
Last edited:
Yep in A spec and B spec.
A spec just pushing to the max on indy 500.
B-spec drivers will miss the pit stop if there energy bars are too low. they guess wrong and fail to complete the lap at full speed.
X2010 looks silly crawling at 50MPH
 
Yes many times(HUD's OFF). Once during the 24hr V-ring race. I ran out of fuel at the "pit in".
 
What doesn't make sense?
Option 1: Yes, it sucked
Option 2: Yes, but on purpose
Option 3: No, it sucked
Option 4: No, but on purpose

clear as day

I meant, it made no sense. It was kind of useless putting those choices there, instead of just a simple yes or no.

Edit: nevermind bean, you don't get what I mean.
 
Last edited:
I meant, it made no sense. It was kind of useless putting those choices there, instead of just a simple yes or no.

Man, this is a tough crowd.

:nervous:
 
I ran out of gas on the Nordschleife in a Zonda R. Crazy race mano a mano. I won that 6 lapper over 3 days.

The other time was at SSR7. The car was a glitch one before the patch, man. I actually went so far away from the track that I escaped the sound barrier. It took 38 minutes for the GT-R's tank to run out. Freaky s*** that day.
 
I did that twice during the 24 hours of Le Mans in my Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd. I was planning to pit that lap, but I just plain forgot to. :lol: It really wasn't demeaning or embarrassing seeing how each time it happened, it happened torwards the end of the lap (usually in between the Indianapolis corner and the Porsche Curves) and it was so late in the race, I already had a 10+ lap lead anyways, so it really didn't matter.
 
I think the Poll needs a change, as Vitzio said these options are nonsense, especially the first no option to tick, the

"No, I only drive Priuses and Tesla roadsters, and thus fossl fuels are of no concern to me."

Have you ever tried to do an enduro or another race were fuel is used with such a car?? You will definitely run out of fuel/energy because these cars can't recharge their batteries, so after some laps you lose the race, even if you have 3 hours to go.

But yes, running out of fuel also happened to me, to my shame several times. Rubberbanding the Indi-500 is not such a good idea if you need more than 2 mins to get back to the ps3 after the alarm starts.
 
I think the Poll needs a change, as Vitzio said these options are nonsense, especially the first no option to tick, the

"No, I only drive Priuses and Tesla roadsters, and thus fossl fuels are of no concern to me."

Have you ever tried to do an enduro or another race were fuel is used with such a car?? You will definitely run out of fuel/energy because these cars can't recharge their batteries, so after some laps you lose the race, even if you have 3 hours to go.

But yes, running out of fuel also happened to me, to my shame several times. Rubberbanding the Indi-500 is not such a good idea if you need more than 2 mins to get back to the ps3 after the alarm starts.

I just can't win with you people. If you drive cars other than the Prius and Tesla roadster, then that option doesn't apply to you.

In light of the emboldened text, I think the first option is for you.
 
I just can't win with you people. If you drive cars other than the Prius and Tesla roadster, then that option doesn't apply to you.

In light of the emboldened text, I think the first option is for you.

You obviously cant win with us because we are spending more time figuring out with what each option means and having to ask questions about it then just doing yes or no.
 
You're thinking too hard. I just wanted people to share their stories of running out of fuel.
 
Back