Have you TRIED to lose SR yet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 49 comments
  • 3,590 views
Messages
5,102
Canada
London, Ontario
Messages
voodoovaj
Well I did tonight. I met another player trying to do the same so we slammed into each other for four laps in race B.

Do you know how hard it is to be penalized? Really hard. We were both S. After four laps of TRYING to get collision penalties. I got 5 seconds and managed to drop to A and he got nothing and stayed S.

If two people who are TRYING to be dirty with each other can't lose SR, something is definitely not right.
 
:confused:I can say that in one race I ran in race C today which had a lot of banging and contact happening there were only three of us at the end that did not have a red penalty dot but everyone had a blue S at the end.
 
Tokyo races, that's the best place to lose SR, and ovals. Just keep crashing into walls. Also, cut corners, get penalties. There is no need to actually crash into anyone.

Not that I see the point of losing SR.
 
No idea how did you managed to do that. I dropped from A to C in one race because of two 10sec penalties, I nudged two guys of the track. Anyway, I really advise you to play something else, because I'm not sure why are you even playing the game anymore, you are just finding anything to **** on it.
 
Not that I see the point of losing SR.

No idea how did you managed to do that. I dropped from A to C in one race because of two 10sec penalties, I nudged two guys of the track. Anyway, I really advise you to play something else, because I'm not sure why are you even playing the game anymore, you are just finding anything to **** on it.

I'm 10 poles away from the Senna trophy and it's way easier to get poles in the lower ranks, that's the reason why I am trying to get less SR.

None the less, don't you think it's rather counter intuitive that SR is easier to gain than lose? I mean, if I go out trying to lose it and I can't, where's the deterrent to driving dirty?

BTW, I was back into the S rank after one race.

Aren't you just a little peeved that the system in place to prevent bad drivers from ruining your race doesn't actually work?
 
Sandbaggers (those that artificially lower their DR or SR) are the lowest of the low. Worse than the dirty drivers. Sandbaggers use twisted logic to justify their actions when gaming the system, and setting up unfair conditions for people who are naturally at a lower level. Its still cheating.

If you are a sandbagger, then 🤬 you.
 
Sandbaggers (those that artificially lower their DR or SR) are the lowest of the low. Worse than the dirty drivers. Sandbaggers use twisted logic to justify their actions when gaming the system, and setting up unfair conditions for people who are naturally at a lower level. Its still cheating.

If you are a sandbagger, then 🤬 you.

Ya, I already went on a rant about how it isn't right so I said "screw it". I'm getting my trophies and going back to business as usual when I'm done.

10 poles and 19 wins to go.
 
I'm 10 poles away from the Senna trophy and it's way easier to get poles in the lower ranks, that's the reason why I am trying to get less SR.

None the less, don't you think it's rather counter intuitive that SR is easier to gain than lose? I mean, if I go out trying to lose it and I can't, where's the deterrent to driving dirty?

BTW, I was back into the S rank after one race.

Aren't you just a little peeved that the system in place to prevent bad drivers from ruining your race doesn't actually work?

In my experience it works very well. 9 out of 10 races are clean. Sometimes people aren't dirty intentionally, **** happens. Not much of a "trophy" if you are doing it below your level, what's the point of even having a trophy then?
 
Well I joined an FIA nations race earlier but during qualifying I had to quit because something came up (I heard that quitting in qualifying still allows you to join again at a later scheduled time) but it costed me 1000+ DR and 8 SR. That's a pretty nasty DR penalty.
 
Well I did tonight. I met another player trying to do the same so we slammed into each other for four laps in race B.

Do you know how hard it is to be penalized? Really hard. We were both S. After four laps of TRYING to get collision penalties. I got 5 seconds and managed to drop to A and he got nothing and stayed S.

If two people who are TRYING to be dirty with each other can't lose SR, something is definitely not right.

You want to lower your sportmanship rating?

You can drop from S to B or lower, in 1 race... you don't even need to ruin anyone else their race...

Just let everybody overtake you at the start of a 10-lap race. When this has been done, CUT EVERY CORNER on the track and you'll have SR B-E by the time the race is over.


Both DR & SR have been meaningless in GTS since day 1 because theyre not set up properly.
 
Sandbaggers (those that artificially lower their DR or SR) are the lowest of the low. Worse than the dirty drivers. Sandbaggers use twisted logic to justify their actions when gaming the system, and setting up unfair conditions for people who are naturally at a lower level. Its still cheating.

If you are a sandbagger, then 🤬 you.
lol. Harsh.
 
Sandbaggers (those that artificially lower their DR or SR) are the lowest of the low. Worse than the dirty drivers. Sandbaggers use twisted logic to justify their actions when gaming the system, and setting up unfair conditions for people who are naturally at a lower level. Its still cheating.

If you are a sandbagger, then 🤬 you.
Such language from someone with a cute pink bunny as an avatar...;)

Let me tell you who really is the lowest of the low....the people who use the pit lane glitch during the daily races at Dragon Trail - Seaside II both today and yesterday. After doing nothing yesterday as the "driver" did it race after race, I decided no more today. I entered the race at the back of the grid and prevented him from entering the pit...he kept at it. All in all I had four "races" against him and he only got one win. I did make him work at it at least and I loved it when the real winner caught us in our epic battle and he went on to win!..... but guess what my DR & SR numbers are now after playing Batman. ;)

EDIT: Forgot....in the future just type **** you and let the forum software take care of it.
 
@Voodoovaj
...can't lose SR...


What... for gods sake...
my friend raced very clean and solid... (had some s***** drivers in the group) no forced crashes (cause of him) and so on...
(they shortcutted him, and did handbrake stuff or something like this((to get rid of their penalites, and kill his SR-Rating))
yeah i know... "you should never go that near to an opponent that you can't do" break stuff and so on...
ever heard of Slipstream







look what happend

-->
Fiechter99.JPG



Sounds like they have a "random-SR-Rating"
import randint :-P

(don't think.... just race...)
 
D3V
@Voodoovaj
...can't lose SR...


What... for gods sake...
my friend raced very clean and solid... (had some s***** drivers in the group) no forced crashes (cause of him) and so on...
(they shortcutted him, and did handbrake stuff or something like this((to get rid of their penalites, and kill his SR-Rating))
yeah i know... "you should never go that near to an opponent that you can't do" break stuff and so on...
ever heard of Slipstream







look what happend

-->
View attachment 707683


Sounds like they have a "random-SR-Rating"
import randint :-P

(don't think.... just race...)

WTF? that's like an 80 point drop! I would expect that someone would need to murder the other driver IRL to take that kind of hit.
 
Have you TRIED to lose SR yet?

Yes, it was easy.

If one wants to drop their SR score the best way to do so is to simply quit out of a race. You take an SR and DR penalty, all without having to affect the races of other people.

upload_2018-1-20_13-33-7.png


Why would somebody want to do this? In order to influence matchmaking and pair up against lower rated opponents, who may be on a similar pace level and/or are easier to beat.

This is something that Trophy Hunters would do in order to go for the Win and Pole Position-based Trophies.
 
If you want to drop your SR for lower DR and therefore easier wins, just join a daily race and quit out as soon as you gain control of your car. Repeat until you're tanked to 0.
 
Tokyo in the FIA race today, there's your chance to lose SR ;)
Bump draft on the straight for maximum effect.
 
@Voodoovaj or anyone that knows, I you start the race, but quit before you get hit, does it count as a clean race ? Never got the 15 in a row trophy.
Or just don't qualify and stay at the back ?
 
@Voodoovaj or anyone that knows, I you start the race, but quit before you get hit, does it count as a clean race ? Never got the 15 in a row trophy.
Or just don't qualify and stay at the back ?
You have to finish a race for it to be counted as a clean race. The same applies to pole positions and fastest laps. If you don't finish the race, you don't get the credit for it.
 
I am trying to lose SR with my 2nd account; DR/C, SR/C, but it just feels wrong to be dirty and barge/hit other drivers.

So to keep it artificially low I just start at the back, hit pause and get disqualified after around 90 seconds into the race.

There are actually some fun races in this C C group, even some fun ones in D C, too.
 
Regarding the clean races: it doesn't count as clean race if you quit, however I do believe it does work the other way around, i.e. if you quit after something happened that would make this race "dirty" and end your series of clean races, then your series of clean races isn't interrupted.
I am not 100% sure but I had a clean race, then one of the few races I rage quit (with all kinds of crap happening that would make it "dirty"), and then another clean race and the game told me that I now have 2 consecutive clean races.
 
I am trying to lose SR with my 2nd account; DR/C, SR/C, but it just feels wrong to be dirty and barge/hit other drivers.

So to keep it artificially low I just start at the back, hit pause and get disqualified after around 90 seconds into the race.

There are actually some fun races in this C C group, even some fun ones in D C, too.


You don't have to hit other drivers,just hang back and cut corners,best tracks to do this Nurb GP and Interlagos
 
Regarding the clean races: it doesn't count as clean race if you quit, however I do believe it does work the other way around, i.e. if you quit after something happened that would make this race "dirty" and end your series of clean races, then your series of clean races isn't interrupted.
I am not 100% sure but I had a clean race, then one of the few races I rage quit (with all kinds of crap happening that would make it "dirty"), and then another clean race and the game told me that I now have 2 consecutive clean races.

I noticed that as well. I got disconnected during a race yet the current clean streak still stood. It would have been nice to have known that when I needed 4 attempts at the 15 consecutive clean races, getting hit at the 10th, 12th, start over again.
 
In my experience it works very well. 9 out of 10 races are clean. Sometimes people aren't dirty intentionally, **** happens. Not much of a "trophy" if you are doing it below your level, what's the point of even having a trophy then?

Well, "below my level" just means that I am racing with several other racers who should be A/S drivers. I remember the names. It also means I show up in races where my lap time is second only to a top 10 time, who happens to be on pole...sometimes two top 10 times in the same room.. This goes back to my rant about DR. The game already puts disparate drivers together, so why should I be worrying myself over a false sense of fairness? How am I racing below my level when the two guys in front of me are in the top 10 for the region?

The trophy is the trophy and achieving it is the game. Are you suggesting that there is no liberal use of the rules in racing? The pole position trophy is a tougher one to achieve because your time is both fast enough and not fast enough depending on where you end up in the ranking. In normal racing, I don't really care if I get pole or not. I don't even bother trying to use the best car for the event, I just grab the one that has the least mileage on it.

I have the trophy and being on pole is now a non-concern.

Still, SR is WAY WAY WAY to hard to lose. I was taken out last night in Brazil. I made a hard pass in turn one (which would have been a clean pass if the other driver hadn't swerved into me to try to stop the pass). He then full out rear ended me off the straight, I mean HARD, I slid almost all the way out to the wall. At the end of the race, no red dot.
 
Back