Haven't played in a while, what's new?

• Thread starter manbartz
  • 10 comments
United States
California
throughtheeyes
So, it's been a good time since I've played PCars. Maybe 4-5 months. Always loved the game, but life just got busy and didn't have the time or the need to play.

Now I'm back, and as excited as ever. What have I missed? Any improvements? Is the online aspect still popular? Any new tips?

I play on a PS4 with the DS4.

Thanks!

mm. I'll try to answer best i can. I play PS4.

Do yaself a favour. Get a wheel. These sim games come to life with them and its a good project to start building a rig. cheap and easy.

I played online.. once.

Never again.

Turn 2 at Mt Panorama with a 3 sec gap after the first corner and i got smashed like a Brazzers film by the entire pack behind..
So i wont say much more re. online.

We have secondary and up to 5 HUD dashboards we can run now. Thats kinda cool if you have tablet or smartphone.
USB devices like keyboards also work. So u can make a button box.

other then that. same old i guess. Lots of people hanging for GTSport or PJC2 next year...

(heres my homemade rig. I encourage anyone to build one. Specially if you've fallen out of love with the game. Brings the racing to life)
20160129_122210.jpg

I've been away for a while as while, was hoping they would have added the oval tracks by now but have not saw any info on it as of yet. Anyone know when these tracks may be added to the game, been almost a year now, expected to see them 6 months ago.

I'll second the wheel opinion. If I was limited to a game pad I likely would not have even bothered with the game. A wheel of any sort makes a huge difference in the enjoyment level of a game such as this and a good wheel and pedal set is even better.

Nah, they came out and said they can't get the AI to work properly on ovals (and transitions to/from infield) so ovals probably won't show. Pissing off a lot of people.

Nah, they came out and said they can't get the AI to work properly on ovals (and transitions to/from infield) so ovals probably won't show. Pissing off a lot of people.
I thought they were talking about a "online only " mode for the ovals ? I hope

I haven't heard about that - but I don't frequent the game's forum, so if so...that'd be great. I wouldn't hold my breath. The Indy circuit for example is already up on the PCars 2 development forum...not a great sign.

I've been away for a while as while, was hoping they would have added the oval tracks by now but have not saw any info on it as of yet. Anyone know when these tracks may be added to the game, been almost a year now, expected to see them 6 months ago.

I'll second the wheel opinion. If I was limited to a game pad I likely would not have even bothered with the game. A wheel of any sort makes a huge difference in the enjoyment level of a game such as this and a good wheel and pedal set is even better.

Yep it's clearly on the website. If they not go bring them then they better take that off their website where it said it's gonna bring ovals.

I really do not care much if the AI works on them or not unlikely it would be any challenge on an oval even if it worked perfectly.

Also the bit about transitions to/from the infield would be more toward circuits rather than ovals.

I don't know what they said but if that be the case then I would loose a lot of confidence in them as it would be much easier to code AI to run around an oval than it would to do so around Nurburgring

Back