Head lamps - Why can't I turn them off at Nürburgring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter psavi
  • 38 comments
  • 3,718 views
Messages
191
Messages
plinsavi or GTP_plinsavi
Am I the only one that want to be able to turn off the head lamps of the car? In GT5, the lamps would turn on depending on the time of the day you chose. Now it just stays on no matter what.

It must seem like a silly complaint, but it really bothers me having to ride with the lights on under the bright sun, especially with pop-up head lamps, since they would interfere in aerodynamic in real life.

PD added buttons for flashing, horn and windshield wipers, why not add a button to turn the headlights on and off?
 
In real-life anyone driving at the Nürburgring must have their head lamps on at all times, this is their house rule and it is replicated in GT, and it was this way in GT5 when driving any version of this track. This does not apply to other circuits.
 
BWX
Better question for me is why can't I turn them on at Ascari. Where the sun doesn't seem to work as well as other places on Earth.
I agree. With the buttons mapped properly, one should be able to turn the lights on or off anywhere, anytime.
 
I am with you guys, I want to be able to turn them on. (Mostly just to watch the Rockets' lights rise up on stalks)
 
In real-life anyone driving at the Nürburgring must have their head lamps on at all times, this is their house rule and it is replicated in GT, and it was this way in GT5 when driving any version of this track. This does not apply to other circuits.

Also in some countries (like Finland) you have to keep headlights always on when driving, day or night.
 
I agree. With the buttons mapped properly, one should be able to turn the lights on or off anywhere, anytime.
With a wheel, G27 at least, you can even map the "hazard" lights, but it doesnt work at all in the game :(
 
I keep my button pressed with a pin on my wheel...
 
Im not 100% sure, but I'd say that if you run on Nurburging (and you don't modify the daytime) you are at about 6PM, early evening. Try set it to 1PM afternoon.

BWX
Better question for me is why can't I turn them on at Ascari. Where the sun doesn't seem to work as well as other places on Earth.
Yep, southern Spain lacks sun :D
 
Just did the last S class race.. Wow, what a nightmare.

The headlights light up everything except the road, which is just about pitch black.. maybe slightly brown. Funny though the streetlights work on the road though.

Gt6 has major brightness issues.
 
I think brandshatch or silverstone the headlights are on all the time.

But GT6 has issues with the sun
At 10pm on le mans the sun is still out and it is bright.

BWX
Better question for me is why can't I turn them on at Ascari. Where the sun doesn't seem to work as well as other places on Earth.

Since spain is broke they can't afford to keep the sun moving, so it just sits there waiting.
 
another question is, why sometimes the lights don't lighten the road or anything when it's daytime. Go to a track with a tunnel for example.
 
When it rains at night the lights don't actually light up the track ahead, just the barriers etc. Makes it a nightmare. IMO the way the lights worked in GT5 was better apart from the beam distance. The colours and the way the beam reacted was more realistic
 
I think brandshatch or silverstone the headlights are on all the time.

But GT6 has issues with the sun
At 10pm on le mans the sun is still out and it is bright.

10PM June in France is 9PM UK BST. It's still daytime here at that time so it would be there as well.
 
So the sun is still out and above the horizon at 10PM in france?
 
It is not like that here in summer.

There is still a some light at 9pm but not in what GT6 shows.-
 
Don't forget that the clocks go forward over here in Spring so 9PM UK and 10PM French time would be 8PM GMT UK and 9PM CET in France so it is not at all unusual.
 
In real-life anyone driving at the Nürburgring must have their head lamps on at all times, this is their house rule and it is replicated in GT, and it was this way in GT5 when driving any version of this track. This does not apply to other circuits.
No one needs lights in the middle of the damn day at Nurburgring wtf?
 
No one needs lights in the middle of the damn day at Nurburgring wtf?
Doesn't matter if we need them, the Germans mandate that headlamps be on at all times. I presume it's to make approaching cars more visible, thus increasing safety.
 
I thought that it was a nice touch that they implemented that; it adds a hint of authenticity.
 
Doesn't matter if we need them, the Germans mandate that headlamps be on at all times. I presume it's to make approaching cars more visible, thus increasing safety.
Ah. Realistic i see
 
I think the reason the sun over Spain is so weak is that Gemasolar is soaking up most of it, typical of big corporations.

Another track that I find to be very dark is Willow Springs, would like to have some more moonlight in the game.
 
If it says "Toggle headlights on/off" I want to "toggle headlights on/off", no holding to leave them on BS. if I want to drive in broad daylight with my headlights on then let it happen, what's the big deal.
or just remove the toggle headlights off/on button since it obviously doesn't even do what it says.
 
It is not like that here in summer.

There is still a some light at 9pm but not in what GT6 shows.-

The sun never goes down in the summer where I live :P
On the downside, it never goes up in the winter...

Midnight in June is about as bright as midday in December.

As for France, here's a daylight map for 22.00 CEST at 22nd of June 2013. Looks like Le Mans is right between day an night at that time.

sunmap.php
 
In real-life anyone driving at the Nürburgring must have their head lamps on at all times, this is their house rule and it is replicated in GT, and it was this way in GT5 when driving any version of this track. This does not apply to other circuits.

I can't confirm it, because I lent my GT5 for my cousin, but I'm pretty sure that were some times of the day that the pop-up head lamps of some cars like the F40 wouldn't pop up. Maybe the lower lamps would be on, but not the pop-up. I could be wrong, though.

Doesn't matter if we need them, the Germans mandate that headlamps be on at all times. I presume it's to make approaching cars more visible, thus increasing safety.

But I'm driving alone in the circuit, what is the purpose, then? In timed laps done by manufacturers or publications, where they are alone in the track, are they obligated to turn on the head lamps too?
 
It's just how they programmed the game, to mimic the real life track. I'm pretty sure pop-up headlights were/are always up on any version of Nurburgring on GT5 and 6. I doubt they'd bother to make exceptions to mimic manufacturer test days. I'm not claiming any of this makes sense, just something as simple as "Hey, you know how you always have to have your lights on when driving the Ring? Let's put that in the game, make headlights be in all the time."
 
I am with you guys, I want to be able to turn them on. (Mostly just to watch the Rockets' lights rise up on stalks)

You can, you just have to hold them on as they don't stay on.
 
Back