Head Up Display

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hypo_Pylon
  • 44 comments
  • 5,349 views
I'd love it totally customizable but I'm not sure PD will be going for that option. It's not like it's a problem to implement, more their personal choice for what they want to give to us, but fingers crossed it's fully customizable.

As for the gear change indicator, admittedly when learning a new track I think it's a brilliant assist, just to give you a good idea when braking should be thought about, but of course after a while you tweak your braking points and disregard it, but initially I don't mind it, but agree with others it should be something we can switch off. Hopefully though we can keep the "change gear up" light, cos frankly, most racing cars do give their drivers this information so it's hardly an assist that isn't in real world use by all racing drivers.... the change gear down one though, is not a realistic assist.

So when you say customize like adjust the color? Like ofr example, make the numbers on the speedo and tach yellow while making the background black? or Red numbers with a white/light blue background. Just, that sort of thing? changing colors along with opacity for each HUD Piece?
 
The gear indicator IS an assist as it also says what gear you have to be in for a certain turn.... ahem, there is driving line for that! (which I turn off) I come up with my own track stratigies, the Gear AND Revs are okay for me but not that thing showing me what gear to be in.
 
The suggested gear indicator is an Assist. It's the reason why in GT4 you have the option to turn it off by selecting Simple HUD.
 
I hope the HUD remembers best lap times for each track/race like it used to....
 
I'm all for customisable. In cars that have a readable dash in cockpit view, I dont want the HUD at all. In cars that don't have a readable dash, a simple analog tacho and either analog or digital speedo is all I want to see (I dont need 2 speedos, thanks :)). Maybe a current gear indicator in cars with a sequential box (not a gear shift indicator, just one that tells you what gear you are currently in ;)).
 
The gear indicator IS an assist as it also says what gear you have to be in for a certain turn.... ahem, there is driving line for that! (which I turn off) I come up with my own track stratigies, the Gear AND Revs are okay for me but not that thing showing me what gear to be in.

Btw, I also remember that after I had modded cars to a certain point the gear indicator was completely wrong.
 
So when you say customize like adjust the color? Like ofr example, make the numbers on the speedo and tach yellow while making the background black? or Red numbers with a white/light blue background. Just, that sort of thing? changing colors along with opacity for each HUD Piece?

When I wrote that I didn't really mean change colours, just layout and size and opacity, especially layout, as the timer right in the top middle of your view is a bit of a nuisance. It would be nice if we could just position each bit of info where we preferred, turn some bits off completely, and especially be able to fade some things out more so they're not so clearly there distracting you when you're trying to really focus on driving.
 
I'd prefer a return of an actual tach, instead of that crappy thing PD implemented instead in all views but the bumper view.
 
I'd prefer a return of an actual tach, instead of that crappy thing PD implemented instead in all views but the bumper view.

Totally agree! I really don't like the digital tach, and would love a analog one like in bumper cam. To be honest, I'd also want the speed to be analog as well, but that one doesn't bother me as much as the tachometer does.
 
I would just like the option to be able turn it off.
 
A completely clear hud would be nice, giving a better view of the track. I am not against the way it is now thou, other than the shift down reminder. Maybe shift reminder for standard physics (with option of turning it off) and professional off at all times
 
A completely clear hud would be nice, giving a better view of the track. I am not against the way it is now thou, other than the shift down reminder. Maybe shift reminder for standard physics (with option of turning it off) and professional off at all times

👍 Yep, sounds great! I think that your idea will work out best.
 
When I wrote that I didn't really mean change colours, just layout and size and opacity, especially layout, as the timer right in the top middle of your view is a bit of a nuisance. It would be nice if we could just position each bit of info where we preferred, turn some bits off completely, and especially be able to fade some things out more so they're not so clearly there distracting you when you're trying to really focus on driving.

Ahh, ok I get ya. Maybe they should just make empty templates and allow you to place everything as you see fit?
 
Back