• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine

Serious Sim's logo is the Art of Noise's logo with the middle cut out.

1624375304983.png

Anyway, it looks like a black and white American road movie manga, and I'm pretty much up for that.

Last edited:
The way the handling model looks and the seemingly unnecessary B&W aesthetic have me on the fence so far, but this is a prime example of the kind of fresh ideas that the driving/racing genre and especially the sim-driving genre deserve, after a decade of conspicuous stagnation in retail titles and popular sims. 👍

Bless indies for stepping up where bigger studios won't.

Black and white cartoon-like graphics? Looks interesting but probably not interesting enough for me though. It's the black and white that bothers me.

The aesthetic looks really off putting. The driving model looks pretty jank too.

Last edited:
100 % Vanishing Point, white Challenger running from the cops, the radio, telephone, hiding, come on ☺️

but not sure if b/w will do it for me even if I like the cartoon style like a throwback to Auto Modellista

you can find the Vanishing Point trailer on youtube, no link for a bit too much naked skin in this forum.

Last edited:
Not expecting it to rock the driving genre, but I'm super interested. It looks like it's cool as hell with some wicked style. Plus, truly original ideas isn't a common occurrence with racing games.

You had me at Creedence, REM and Audioslave. Also the fact that Cleavon Little's Super Soul is in this game too got me hyped. Vanishing Point is my favourite road movie ever.

Echo what everybody says, interesting concept but the B&W is a bit off putting. Maybe have it as an option?

Kinda similar to this game I discovered recently:

You had me at Creedence, REM and Audioslave. Also the fact that Cleavon Little's Super Soul is in this game too got me hyped. Vanishing Point is my favourite road movie ever.
It's worth noting the phrasing.

"Inspired by".

We're so starved of new ideas in games, particularly racing games, these days that I really want to go all in on this. But sadly it looks crap.

Latest Posts

Back