Headset for PS5 and GT7

• Thread starter alex511
  • 26 comments
Germany
Germany
I wanted to buy me a new PS5 headset for GT7. Until now, I had the Pulse 3D in connection with GT Sport, but for longer sessions, it is for me to unergonomic. There before, I had no one.
What do you prefer?
Important for me is, to get use of Tempest 3D Audio function.

I second the Steelseries Arctis 7P. It is a PS version and supports 3D audio natively, are super comfortable for long stints, sound great and have very good battery life.

They are a bit more expensive, but in my view, worth every penny.

On a sidenote, I sometimes wear glasses under them, and they handle it great, no discomfort even during very long stints.

I second the Steelseries Arctis 7P. It is a PS version and supports 3D audio natively, are super comfortable for long stints, sound great and have very good battery life.

They are a bit more expensive, but in my view, worth every penny.

On a sidenote, I sometimes wear glasses under them, and they handle it great, no discomfort even during very long stints.

Just to be clear for OP, any stereo headset will support 3D Audio. Even super cheap ear buds, though of course, they won't sound great.

But the Arctis 7P is good because it is wireless. I don't know about you but I hooked the dongle up to the back of the PS5, as I need the front USB socket for the wheel.

Last edited:
Just to be clear for OP, any stereo headset will support 3D Audio. Even super cheap ear buds, though of course, they won't sound great.

But the Arctis 7P is good because it is wireless. I don't know about you but I hooked the dongle up to the back of the PS5, as I need the front USB socket for the wheel.
Yeah true, but the 7P are native PS5 headphones, so I believe they're supposed to take full advantage(?) ?

But yes, wireless is a dream, and I too use the USB dongle, since I also use them for the PC. Annoyingly though, the USB C dongle covers up the normal USB plug on the front of the PS5, quite a strange design flaw, considering it's a PS5 marketed headset.

Yeah true, but the 7P are native PS5 headphones, so I believe they're supposed to take full advantage(?) ?

But yes, wireless is a dream, and I too use the USB dongle, since I also use them for the PC. Annoyingly though, the USB C dongle covers up the normal USB plug on the front of the PS5, quite a strange design flaw, considering it's a PS5 marketed headset.
Therefore, I actually use a usb hub, because of my PS5 is in a tv rack and can’t come to the back slots, without to take it out.
But yes, why Xbox can without dongles and ps not, it’s a question.

Which is why I had to use the back. They really didn't think it through.

Like most here you can't beat the artic 7P.
Not only does it sound great but more importantly for me (and for the OP) they are by far the most comfortable set of headphones I have ever worn.

I come off 3/4 hour gaming sessions and don't even realise they are on my head. Highly recommended.

I use a Turtle Beach Recon 200 headset. Great sound, really comfortable and cheap-ish price ($80 cad). I’ll be sticking with this brand from now on.

Last edited:
The past summer I got myself a pair of Philips Fidelio X2HR over-ear headphones, primarily for music but I’ve used them for PlayStation as well and I think they sound pretty great and of course, very important, they’re also very big and comfortable. Got them on for hours and no pain at all.

Yeah, that is strange. I have the Sony Pulse 3D wireless headset and I'm quite happy with it. The dongle on that looks similar to a USB memory stick which sticks out more but doesn't cover any other ports. The 7P seems to be short and really wide causing the issue you mentioned. It would have been nice that they give you an option similar to Sony's dongle at least. ....maybe they do?

In either case the 7P is only about $60 more so maybe it will work better for the OP. If these Sony Pulse headphones ever give up, I might look at the 7P as an alternative but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the Pulse just fine and quite comfortable for long gaming sessions.

Is there a way to buy the headset used in the World tour events ??? I find it really looks cool with the GT logo on the sides

Yeah, that is strange. I have the Sony Pulse 3D wireless headset and I'm quite happy with it. The dongle on that looks similar to a USB memory stick which sticks out more but doesn't cover any other ports. The 7P seems to be short and really wide causing the issue you mentioned. It would have been nice that they give you an option similar to Sony's dongle at least. ....maybe they do?

In either case the 7P is only about $60 more so maybe it will work better for the OP. If these Sony Pulse headphones ever give up, I might look at the 7P as an alternative but I'd be lying if I said I didn't find the Pulse just fine and quite comfortable for long gaming sessions.
The 7P comes with a USB c to USB converter cable.

I plug it the cable into the back USB port of the PS5 and then then dongle to the cable, you can't even see the wires or dongle.

I can vouch for the Steelseries Arctis 7. It is just to bad I dropped mines so many times and the mic became echoey. I replaced it with a Logitech Pro G Pro Wireless headset and IMO the Arctis 7 is the better headset.

I use the Audeze Penrose X on both my Xbox Series X and PS5. Thats the benefit of the Penrose X compared to the Penrose. The X version works on both consoles where the Penrose only works on PS5. :)

I use the Arctis 7P and find it comfortable and great sound. I used to use the TB Stealth 600 and loved the set. Since there was an optical port on the PS4, I could change the volume in the chat independently from the game volume. I really miss that ability with the PS5 not having an optical port.

I have the Pulse 3d headset & I think they are the most comfortable headset i have ever owned. However after using the Turtlebeach Stealth 700 gen 2 on my Series X I realised the Pulse 3D didn’t sound very good in comparison. I have now bought the PS version of the 700 gen 2’s and am very happy with the sound. They are way better but the Pulse 3D still remains the most comfortable .

Just curious - there was an Audio Setting in GT7 - did u guys set it for stereo or 7.1 to get surround sound in GT7 and the Pulse headset?

Also have they moved the Audio settings after 1.07/1.08? I can't seem to find it any more

Thought I'd perform CPR on this thread as one year on and the offerings have changed, as always. Having just bought a PS5 and PSVR2 (plus rest of rig) I'm now looking for a headset. I get the impression that the SteelSeries Arctis 7 is better than Sony's Pulse for sound and comfort, but does anyone have any experience of the latest model, the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7? The sales speal says great things but I've read elsewhere that the ear cups are too small on the Nova 7, and that they can be very tempremental regarding the software. Impressions anyone?

Thought I'd perform CPR on this thread as one year on and the offerings have changed, as always. Having just bought a PS5 and PSVR2 (plus rest of rig) I'm now looking for a headset. I get the impression that the SteelSeries Arctis 7 is better than Sony's Pulse for sound and comfort, but does anyone have any experience of the latest model, the SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7? The sales speal says great things but I've read elsewhere that the ear cups are too small on the Nova 7, and that they can be very tempremental regarding the software. Impressions anyone?
I don't know but I have the Arctic 7 and haven't even bothered to use it with PSVR2 because it seems like it would be an awkward fit and I dislike the idea of having to adjust the strap everytime I play.

Someone here will have tried it and can report on it, surely.

The design fault with the Pulse 3D is that it comes with a usb adapter at all…
I dont mind the adapter all too much, just the fact that it is even required for use on the console instead of looking for PS first and dongle second or something like this.
Though in my case of use it would be a problem if it was this way.
The 3.5mm audioplug is already taking priority over the bluetooth connection, which is something I enjoy on PC/phone.

For anyone reading this thread looking for headset advice, I bought a SteelSeries Arctis Nova 1P 7.1 gaming headset for just £40 from Currys (UK), now more expensive it would seem, and it works really well with the PSVR2 for two reasons: (1) it is incredibly light because it is wired and does not need the additional circuitry and batteries that a wireless model does, and (2) it fits very comfortably over the PSVR2 - in fact, I'd guess it's been designed to do so. My hearing is not as good as when I was in my twenties, but I have no complaints about the sound quality - it sounds great to me 👍 I have a PS5 controller holder mounted to my rig next to my wheel, and the headset just plugs straight in to the controller with no issues of getting in the way.

Arctic 7P's are like £150 which is just insane for a headset.

No mention of hyper x clouds? I got the original wired for £45 a month or so ago. Given I'm running out of USB slots with controller, camera, mouse, keyboard, wheel a headset that would plug into my controller was perfect.

Really comfortable. Every headset/headphones I've ever worn in my life gives me ear pain as something chafes but not bit of it. I had a 4 hour session yesterday and forgot I was wearing them for long periods.

Latest Posts

Back