Heal Manufacturer, Hurt Manufacturer! Photos?

  • Thread starter Thread starter blah blah blah
  • 7,272 comments
  • 280,515 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heal Plymouth
Hurt Lexus
 
Ok, a position will be saved in our quest to save the Evos and 4G/Bs and place them with their main rivals: WRX STi and the Boxers4/6s.

But why put down Dodge:indiff:? You can't go wrong with a Mopars, Hemis and the Serpent aka Viper;)👍. I'll save the Beasts from Dodge after the Evos, but someone making it hard on the Evos. *Looks at Onboy.* :p :lol:

Heal: Mitsubishi

Hurt: Dome

Mopar I don't really know anything about, Hemi (from my MINIMAL mechanical training) is nothing special, as all combustion chambers are hemispherical. Rather, it's a slightly better (?) shape that is copywritten/trade marker. No offense to it, it's just way over rated from my mechanically inclined friends. And dodge is the same as chrysler, jeep, and plymouth. Basically the definition or rebadging to me, making one vehicle and porting it to just a couple slightly different looks.

Also, chrysler has never really done anything right (in my opinion). The viper was poorly made and designed, at least from the history I was taught (top gear). From my experience with the v, they are a waste. I have NO experience with the never generation, or the ACR, though. I have never heard good things about any of their products. The sebring I drove, brand new, a few hundred miles, felt like a twelve year old was trying to drive a standard blind folded. In an automatic. The 300c/m are garbage. At NAIAS last year, I saw the 300c, and the 300c concept. I thought it was a typo, and when inquired, I asked the staff the difference. They said it had a nice grill, nice wheels, and nice interior. So, the 300c concept car was just a half way decent version of they make. That is innovative of chrysler, to at least realize they can make a decent product. So it was their concept...of, what the future may hold for them...lol.

Many people love jeeps, and the wrangler is rather capable, if one can't afford an H1, Raptor, wants something larger than an ATV, and wants something more expensive/less reliable than a Samurai. BUT, everyone I have talked to about them (who is straight up with me) has said they have problems with the engine, and crazy problems with transfer cases. My mechanics and mechanically inclined friends have never had a good thing to say about any chrysler branch. People may say, the SRT's are amazing!

Yes, the SRT's were usually pretty good. But my experience ends in the mid/late 2000s, say 2008. Since Benz has been gone, I have no clue, really. But the charger? They are so huge, with so many blind spots. The inside is lame sauce, quality is sub par. The challenger is the worse offender. It's a poor mans yacht. I was excited for the charger to come back, but I'd rather see it switching with the challenger. The magnum is great to see as a SRT, but again, haven't experienced it in many years.

All in all, quality (mechanically) shouldn't get any better with the background of fiat, Maserati, and Alfa. But hopefully it brings up all the other qualities of the brand. It just hurts to see my favorite brands hold hands with my least favorite (Maserati, chrysler respectively).
 
Heal - Lancia
Hurt - Cadillac
 
hurt tesla

heal pagani
 
Heal TVR
Hurt Volvo
 
Lotus 👍
Seat 👎
 
Hurt: Tesla
Heal: Pagani
 
Heal: Dodge
Hurt: Lotus

It should be mentioned that it doesn't truly matter whether a manufacturer is healed or hurt as long as an opinion has been made of it. I feel bad for Marcos, Saleen, and Spyker, still having 20 points. They are the real losers in this experiment, having been forgotten and neglected. :(
 
Heal: Pagani
Hurt: Ford (hard to choose which one to hurt... dodge, chevy, plymouth, buick...?)
 
Heal: Pagani
Hurt: Ford (hard to choose which one to hurt... dodge, chevy, plymouth, buick...?)
So you just hate America

Heal: Ford
Hurt: Pagani
 
Heal Ford
Hurt Infinity
 
Heal: Caterham
Hurt: Pontiac
 
GT55YW
Mopar I don't really know anything about, Hemi (from my MINIMAL mechanical training) is nothing special, as all combustion chambers are hemispherical. Rather, it's a slightly better (?) shape that is copywritten/trade marker. No offense to it, it's just way over rated from my mechanically inclined friends. And dodge is the same as chrysler, jeep, and plymouth. Basically the definition or rebadging to me, making one vehicle and porting it to just a couple slightly different looks.

Also, chrysler has never really done anything right (in my opinion). The viper was poorly made and designed, at least from the history I was taught (top gear). From my experience with the v, they are a waste. I have NO experience with the never generation, or the ACR, though. I have never heard good things about any of their products. The sebring I drove, brand new, a few hundred miles, felt like a twelve year old was trying to drive a standard blind folded. In an automatic. The 300c/m are garbage. At NAIAS last year, I saw the 300c, and the 300c concept. I thought it was a typo, and when inquired, I asked the staff the difference. They said it had a nice grill, nice wheels, and nice interior. So, the 300c concept car was just a half way decent version of they make. That is innovative of chrysler, to at least realize they can make a decent product. So it was their concept...of, what the future may hold for them...lol.

Many people love jeeps, and the wrangler is rather capable, if one can't afford an H1, Raptor, wants something larger than an ATV, and wants something more expensive/less reliable than a Samurai. BUT, everyone I have talked to about them (who is straight up with me) has said they have problems with the engine, and crazy problems with transfer cases. My mechanics and mechanically inclined friends have never had a good thing to say about any chrysler branch. People may say, the SRT's are amazing!

Yes, the SRT's were usually pretty good. But my experience ends in the mid/late 2000s, say 2008. Since Benz has been gone, I have no clue, really. But the charger? They are so huge, with so many blind spots. The inside is lame sauce, quality is sub par. The challenger is the worse offender. It's a poor mans yacht. I was excited for the charger to come back, but I'd rather see it switching with the challenger. The magnum is great to see as a SRT, but again, haven't experienced it in many years.

All in all, quality (mechanically) shouldn't get any better with the background of fiat, Maserati, and Alfa. But hopefully it brings up all the other qualities of the brand. It just hurts to see my favorite brands hold hands with my least favorite (Maserati, chrysler respectively).

Yeah I see what you mean. We had a 1st gen Dodge Durango SLT late 2002. Though we didn't buy it new, but it was really reliable and fast as well :). The 1st Durangos are kinda strong IMO, one time I hit a pot hole on a bad road and it knocked out the alignment on the steering, my parents and I took it to a shop and they fixed the problems without any huge replacement of parts and the handling was sharp and quick before the incident happened, like brand new.

Then later through the years, the car gotten a lot worse from the brakes acting up, radiator was leaking and the altinator was the first to go, we couldn't start it up after installing a new one. Brakes jerked to one side, you had to pump the brakes to make it stop and that radiator was leaking more by the minute, we had to fill water everytime before you take it out. When we were planning on getting the car fixed, engine was on the verge of dying, so we had to get rid of it :(. I had a few ideas to work on that truck, but it was short lived.

Aside from their problems, I like Dodge and Plymouth cars, espically their muscle cars, trucks and SUVs. They have that grunt that makes them instill fear into Fords and Chevys and I been inside two Dodge Vipers 1st gen RT/10 and a 2nd gen GTS and I love hearing monsterous Rams, Chargers and Challengers engines. They have problems but Dodge seems to be making them even better, espically the newer cars.


Heal: Mitsubishi


Hurt: Dome


Mitsubishi shall never die, Evos evolutionize and 4G/4Bs will be uberized!
 
Heal:Spoon
Hurt:Tesla
 
Heal: Mitsubishi
Hurt: Volvo
 
Hurt Land Rover
Heal DMC
 
Heal Land rover
Hurt Ford
 
Heal Amuse
Hurt DMC
 
Heal Maserati
Hurt Ford
 
Heal Amuse
Hurt Ford
 
Heal Holden.
Hurt Alpine.
 
Heal Lancia
Hurt Land Rover
 
Heal Amuse
Hurt Land Rover
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back