Heldenzeit's Garage (Endless Maintenance)

• Thread starter Heldenzeit
  • 1,150 comments
So dope man. Car looks great with the painted bits, I'm assuming you'll replace the oem exhaust, do you know which one?
Thanks! I had a Car Make Corn*s exhaust for awhile, but it was ripped by some spikes going into a parking structure.
1609593_10203175201209159_649730026_n.jpg

Bent
1620448_10204474777137745_4421591946439106035_n.jpg

You notice any differences in body ridigity, aerodynamics, and weight?
Not really. Definitely stiffer than not having a roof, but nothing noticeable over an OEM hardtop. Car isnt fast enough yet for it to be an aero benefit. Maybe better gas mileage. Its a few kilos heavier than an OE hardtop as well. It's mainly aesthetics.

They do make a single layer race version which is way lighter and would help aero on a racecar.

Thanks for sharing the Laguna Seca pics and videos. One of my top favorite tracks and you were actually able to drive on it. So jealous. Your car is also one of my favorite Miatas. Especially with that fastback conversion. :bowdown:

Thanks for sharing the Laguna Seca pics and videos. One of my top favorite tracks and you were actually able to drive on it. So jealous. Your car is also one of my favorite Miatas. Especially with that fastback conversion. :bowdown:
Thanks! I can't wait to share the plans I have for the engine I'm building for it. Hopefully picking up the block this week. :)

Picked up the block. At 1996cc its considered a 2.0L. Crank has been ground to a knife edge. H-beam rods with ARP bolts, 10.5:1 pistons. I'll need to pick up the Flyin Miata billet main caps as this thing will rev high. I'll be using a 99 cylinder head and some really big cams. The European intake manifold flows better, so I'll be using that as well. This is gonna be awesome.
10679792_10204849915275964_8210285002583255755_o.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, put the extra effort in and run ITB's, you won't regret it I promise

The cost is a lot higher as well. Then I have to tune 4 throttles so they sync correctly and add vacuum lines all over the car. The European manifold bolts right on, saving a lot of time, space and money.

Just ask @Tiddy how much time he's spent on doing his 1.6 ITB's.

It'll be an awesome upgrade yes but he'll tell you how much work it is, and it's not cheap to buy in the first place.

Just ask @Tiddy how much time he's spent on doing his 1.6 ITB's.

It'll be an awesome upgrade yes but he'll tell you how much work it is, and it's not cheap to buy in the first place.
I have a local friend with ITBs as well, he doesn't want to help me even if I wanted to do them lol. The struggle is real.

Your engine is going to be great :) That crank shaving looks slightly extreme! What made you decide to go so far?

Really liking your fixed light units along with the Ohlins coilovers, I've heard good things about them (build quality is supposed to be excellent) what are they like on the road and track?

Seeing your shift knob I assume you've seen Maruha's 2.1 engine? :P

I actually bought it like that. I prefer the simplicity of natural aspiration, so might as well make it scream.

I like them too! The Ohlins are excellent. Very smooth on the highway and great on track. No drama at all. When the car starts to slide (if it ever does) its very easy to control.

I have! Certainly a motivator for my build. @Tiddy

For those wondering, here is my crank next to an OE crank. The knife edging lightened the crank by 8lbs.
crank_comparison.jpg
Did you have it turned when it was getting the machine work done to the counterweights or was it not out of spec?

Carbon fiber timing cover by Maruha. Makes cam timing changes easier (when I get adjustable gears of course). Now I cant decide what color to paint the valve cover.

10173669_10204991432933817_4229446147241632670_n.jpg

I had mine powder coated a nice shade of red, then carefully filled in the lettering with silver paint. Not sure what would work with your color scheme, gold would be nice and flashy. :D

SANY0671.jpg

Back