Help Crown Gran Turismo Awards Winner During SEMA 2013

Spain
Spain
Freeman_Cruz
For 2013, Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo franchise and President of Polyphony Digital, has opened up judging to fans to help select this year’s inaugural People’s Choice Award. Now, people from across the globe will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite car at the SEMA show. Check out the Gran Turismo Facebook page on November 5th for photos of this year’s People’s Choice automotive candidates.

Whichever car receives the most Facebook “Likes” will be crowned the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The crowd-sourced winner will compete along the five judged category winners for Best in Show honors as selected by the Gran Turismo staff. The Best in Show overall winner will be modeled for Gran Turismo and will appear as a playable vehicle in an upcoming game.

10413207583_709407db05_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/22/help-crown-gran-turismo-awards-winner-during-sema-2013/

PSSH, trying to pick a good car at SEMA is like trying to find the most attractive person in a leper colony.

What the people at SEMA do to cars should be illegal.

and the winner car show up in Gran Turismo 6??

Probably not in time for release but it should be available early next year as DLC. I'm looking forward to this :dopey:
... and what Cos said ^

Some really nice cars at these shows i.e. Stielow's Camaro in the past.

Last edited:
Now let´s hope a RWB creation makes the final cut so we can make sure ourselves that we can have some of the Porsche experience on GT :P

But what car they use? They don't make the cars from scrash

They build complete engines and chassis from scratch, only the bodies are from Porsche* and even these are heavily modified.

EDIT: *On some cars, some use Porsche chassis and some only use parts from Porsche.

This is a welcomed surprise.

Addition:

I looked over both sites and couldn't find information on which cars can be voted on. Really interested to see the list of cars. I wonder if a GTP member will have there car entered this years.

Last edited:
They build complete engines and chassis from scratch, only the bodies are from Porsche and even these are heavily modified.

Still on a porche body.Is like i got a porche gt3-rs moded by my own company and i want the car in a game porche ca not say anything cus is my on privite car they can say if the car is stock but from a tuner company the cant say anything

Still on a porche body.Is like i got a porche gt3-rs moded by my own company and i want the car in a game porche ca not say anything cus is my on privite car they can say if the car is stock but from a tuner company the cant say anything

But you're not allowed to use the Porsche brand without a license.
And while RUF's may look like Porsches, they're not. Body and brand is not the same.

But you're not allowed to use the Porsche brand without a license.
And while RUF's may look like Porsches, they're not. Body and brand is not the same.

Yup that true but if u look at sema they have cars like porche but other names for example when they got the art morison corvette did they ask chevy for the license too?

RUF is a manufacturer by German and U.S. law.

The number of cars they produce per year is satisfactory of a car manufacturer.

The amount and thorougness of the independent work is satisfactory of a car manufacturer.

I'd like a RUF to win! :)

Yup that true but if u look at sema they have cars like porche but other names for example when they got the art morison corvette did they ask chevy for the license too?

It's hard to tell with tuned cars. They're listed under their tuner in GT5, but that doesn't say which licenses they need to obtain. With all previous SEMA winners they've all been based on brands for which PD already had a license.

So the only way to partake in this is to have a facespace account? That's BS.

Back