Help - duping

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rollsroyceftw
  • 26 comments
  • 2,112 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
130
Messages
Mattceh
How do you do it without a USB stick?
Thanks so much

(for a mate I don't dupe)
 
Last edited:
You don't need a USB but you will need three accounts, two online and one offline. Back-up the save from your main account (A) to an offline account (C), then load the game on your main account (A) and send the car to your other online account (B), then delete your save (A) and log into your offline account (C) and copy the back-up save back to your main account (A). Then you can load the game on your second account (B) and send the car back to your main account (A) now you'll have two of the same car, duplication complete.
 
Its a functionality provided by Sony so why not use it. dont listen to all the crap they give you..
Any USB device will work.

Save in GT.
Go to PS menu (quit GT5)
go to save data utility
press triangle
select copy
select USB device

After gifting the car go back into the PS menu
go to save data utility
select USB device
press triangle
select copy
select PS GT5 savegame and choose to overwrite.

Done.

I use it to give friends cars for the bonus races. This way we both have to buy only half of the cars..

Good luck!
 
OP just ignore the "it doesn't affect me but I want to spoil it for everyone else" crowd.

stormbringer is correct, just be careful that you copy the correct save back to your user name.
 
Also you can plug your phone, mine have a micro sd, so the PS3 reads like an masive usb storage.
 
I buy the car then save to the PC .. I find no shame in it, why would i sit for hours grinding away for credit to buy another car for millions of credits when gifting does the trick ! I get the car and keep the credit and Bob enjoys his new car while i enjoy the bluray movie on my other PS3. Dupe "Till the cars come home" is my motto.
 
LOL. He deleted my post as well.

No - regular members cannot delete posts. I did. The message should have been quite clear - but I can ram it home if you'd prefer?
 
No - regular members cannot delete posts. I did. The message should have been quite clear - but I can ram it home if you'd prefer?

Thx for straightening that up :) not breaking any rules or anything am I or I'll delete thread
 
Only in that last post, I'd edit it if I were you (hint: thx) :)
 
Thx for straightening that up :) not breaking any rules or anything am I or I'll delete thread

Aside from grammar, I think you're fine. Also, you can't delete the thread, only a moderator can do that. ;)
 
You don't need a USB but you will need three accounts, two online and one offline. Back-up the save from your main account (A) to an offline account (C), then load the game on your main account (A) and send the car to your other online account (B), then delete your save (A) and log into your offline account (C) and copy the back-up save back to your main account (A). Then you can load the game on your second account (B) and send the car back to your main account (A) now you'll have two of the same car, duplication complete.

^this

I've done it so I can gift myself 25 Chrome Silver paints when I want to.

But basically, instead of using a USB stick, you use a Profile that does not contain a GT5 save game.
 
No - regular members cannot delete posts. I did. The message should have been quite clear - but I can ram it home if you'd prefer?

Not necessary. I can see why you deleted my post.
 
Sorry mate, I've never been good at english haha
 
We don't really mind, so long as the effort's there. Your only realy slip-up, as alluded to, is this:


But I'll call off the firing squad just this once.
 
Haha cheers :),
Just to clear it up one final time - it is legal right?
 
No - regular members cannot delete posts. I did. The message should have been quite clear - but I can ram it home if you'd prefer?

I still dont get why it got deleted? i spend time writing a post to help someone only to have it deleted for some weird reason. i probably absent mindedly used a "u" instead of a "you" to get my post deleted by you? ram it home? why do you have to threaten us? arnt your warnings and infractions enough? are you threatening to ban me for using "u"?

i find this really funny. Its like im in primary school here and my old english teacher is the mod(s). what warrants such extreme formalities? is this forum run by the oxford university?

curse words i can understand, but minor stuff like this...idk what to say.

why arnt "btw","imo","idk" reasons for deleting? they are also short for bigger words.

Still you guys are the mods or english teachers, your rules, you have control in you own little world. enjoy the power.

I'll try to refrain from using "u" instead of "you" when i use this particular forum. I'll be honest, its reason enough for me to stop coming here. Added stress for nothing at all. someones gonna delete my posts for something so minor, its weird.

And i hope this forums mods and rules can take criticism. and i wont get banned because i offended one of you chaps by writing such. is this post gonna get deleted as well? lol

Please notice: i forced myself to use "you" everywhere in this post, except for where i had to use "u" to explain myself.
 
Still you guys are the mods or english teachers, your rules, you have control in you own little world. enjoy the power.

As a non-native speaker (Dutch is my mother tongue) I appreciate it if people try to communicate in proper English to make it as understandable as possible for me and the other 95% of the non-English speaking world that also frequents these forums.

I thank you for your courtesy. :)
 
More important things in life, than proof reading every post for mistakes!
 
<removed by author>
 
I still dont get why it got deleted? i spend time writing a post to help someone only to have it deleted for some weird reason. i probably absent mindedly used a "u" instead of a "you" to get my post deleted by you? ram it home? why do you have to threaten us? arnt your warnings and infractions enough? are you threatening to ban me for using "u"?

i find this really funny. Its like im in primary school here and my old english teacher is the mod(s). what warrants such extreme formalities? is this forum run by the oxford university?

curse words i can understand, but minor stuff like this...idk what to say.

why arnt "btw","imo","idk" reasons for deleting? they are also short for bigger words.

Still you guys are the mods or english teachers, your rules, you have control in you own little world. enjoy the power.

I'll try to refrain from using "u" instead of "you" when i use this particular forum. I'll be honest, its reason enough for me to stop coming here. Added stress for nothing at all. someones gonna delete my posts for something so minor, its weird.

And i hope this forums mods and rules can take criticism. and i wont get banned because i offended one of you chaps by writing such. is this post gonna get deleted as well? lol

Please notice: i forced myself to use "you" everywhere in this post, except for where i had to use "u" to explain myself.

To be honest, I wanted to say more to Famine, but I like being a part of this forum and didn't want to jeopardise that. I also didn't think my post was a bad one. But, I agree with you everything you said stormbringer and will just leave it at that. No need for a big mess here.

I apologize in advance if this is off topic, but it just kind of got to me.
 
What is? That it is common courtesy to stick to one language on an international forum rather than all make up our own ghetto-versions because we're too lazy to type 2 extra characters?

Just last night I received a PM from another member that just consisted of ghetto slang and monosyllabic grunts mixed with abbreviations. I consider myself fairly fluent in English, but I really could not make any sense out of that message (actually I had to use Urbandictionary.com to decypher it... :) ).

I appreciate the effort of the mods to keep this forum from deteriorating into a big mess of 1337sp34k and lazy text lingo. As I said... not all of us are from the US/UK and we're not all 15 anymore.

I was referring to stormbringer's post, you posted in between. So wind your neck in please!
 
I was referring to stormbringer's post, you posted in between. So wind your neck in please!

Sorry dude... I'll remove my post. :sly:
 
M-POWER_FTW - You're welcome to question any moderating decision. Feel free to take it up with the moderator in question (me), admin (me) or site owner (Jordan).

i find this really funny. Its like im in primary school here and my old english teacher is the mod(s). what warrants such extreme formalities? is this forum run by the oxford university?

curse words i can understand, but minor stuff like this...idk what to say.

If you don't like the rules you were free to not join the site. You agreed to the rules before you signed up to the site (you clicked a little box to say you'd read and agreed to them, just before that bit where you created your username). Having a tantrum about it now and blaming the moderators for your inability to stick to your own promises is ridiculous beyond the realms of comprehension.

Yes, your posts were deleted for breaking these rules:


AUP
# You will post all messages in English.
# You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Yes, those rules were in place before you joined the site. Yes, you agreed to abide by them. Yes, our job is to make sure everyone sticks to the promise they have made before they joined the site. Oh, and lest we forget, yes, this is the FOURTH time you've had to be spoken to by a member of staff regarding your inability to abide by your own promise.

I'll try to refrain from using "u" instead of "you" when i use this particular forum. I'll be honest, its reason enough for me to stop coming here. Added stress for nothing at all.

If that's the case, it should have been enough reason for you to not sign up in the first place, making the declaration that you agreed to the rules.

Since the thread creator has his answer and this has now devolved into a discussion about how unfair it is to have to stick by the rules of this private forum after agreeing to stick by the rules of this private forum, I think this thread has lasted as long as it's going to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back