HELP - FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 STOPS SHIFTING MID RACE.

• Thread starter Schmiggz
  • 11 comments
Albania
Albania
I have a Fanatec CSL ELITE for the PS4 and a couple of days ago it started to get stuck in a gear and being unable to shift to a higher or lower gear, forcing me to shut it off and on again if I want to continue the race. It's a very frustrating issue that happens completely out of the blue.
I already checked the Fanatec web site to make sure I have the most recent firmware installed.
Can anyone shed a light on this because it's kinda driving me nuts?

I have a Fanatec CSL ELITE for the PS4 and a couple of days ago it started to get stuck in a gear and being unable to shift to a higher or lower gear, forcing me to shut it off and on again if I want to continue the race. It's a very frustrating issue that happens completely out of the blue.
I already checked the Fanatec web site to make sure I have the most recent firmware installed.
Can anyone shed a light on this because it's kinda driving me nuts?
@DomB_Fanatec will help you out.

Hi @HaydenFan69 I have the ClubSport steering wheel V2 with its standard attachment
20210410_100442.jpg

@super_gt thanks for your suggestion but I think that if there was any broken pin the wheel or its pads wouldn't work at all and it's not the case. All systems work perfectly until it simply stops changing gears.
Last time was during a 60 minutes race and it happened 55 minutes into the race with barely 2 laps to go.

That sounds like a sensor/button issue. I’d put in a work order with customer service.

I tore apart mine to see how it is set up, and very much looks like simple springed button. And if both are causing issue, then it’s definitely an system issue.

That sounds like a sensor/button issue. I’d put in a work order with customer service.

I tore apart mine to see how it is set up, and very much looks like simple springed button. And if both are causing issue, then it’s definitely an system issue.
Yes, when it stops working doesn't shift up or down...

Hi @Schmiggz unfortunately I can't help you directly with this type of issue, as there could be a number of reasons for this and it is better not to speculate on the root cause. Please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. It will be helpful (but not essential) to diagnose the issue if you are able to attach a video to your support ticket, showing exactly what happens when you are unable to shift - for example if it is just the shifters or also any other buttons or features that stop working. If you are running it on a PC, or are able to run it on a PC, opening up the Fanatec properties window to show how that looks or if any inputs are registering during this behaviour would also be useful information for the support team.

Hi @Schmiggz unfortunately I can't help you directly with this type of issue, as there could be a number of reasons for this and it is better not to speculate on the root cause. Please create a support ticket via the My Products section of your Fanatec account. It will be helpful (but not essential) to diagnose the issue if you are able to attach a video to your support ticket, showing exactly what happens when you are unable to shift - for example if it is just the shifters or also any other buttons or features that stop working. If you are running it on a PC, or are able to run it on a PC, opening up the Fanatec properties window to show how that looks or if any inputs are registering during this behaviour would also be useful information for the support team.
Ok, Dom. I'll follow this steps. Thank you for the feedback.
I use it on the playstation 4

Last edited:
Back