Help, I can not use bought cars from the PSN Store in Offline Mode?

• Thread starter DoritoPope
  • 6 comments
Germany
Germany
Hello dear GTPlanet Community,

I got myself a PS4 Pro a few weeks ago and also bought GT Sport digital from the PSN Store along with some of my favorite cars so I could drive them from the beginning of the game instead of rolling the dice with the daily bonus or grinding money.

I actually have normal Internet connection at home all the time and I can use all of my cars just fine (and the game is up to date etc and also really fun), but next week I am gonna move to the country side to my cousins (but take my PS4 Pro with me so we can play splitscreen during freetime) and stay there for a few months and they do not have an Internet Connection there.

I thought this would be fine because GT Sport is also really fun together offline doing custom races 2 player splitscreen and I bought around 35 cars from the PSN store so we have a nice racing lineup and I also unlocked a few more cars with the daily bonus.

So yesterday I unplugged my ethernet cable from my console and started GT Sport to check if every offline mode works like promised (mainly custom race and splitscreen) and I was delighted to see that it works, sure the game does not save and you can not buy new cars, but that does not bother me because I already bought the favorites from the PSN Store I thought....

BUT

then when I had to choose my car and I wanted to choose one of the real money bought cars from the PSN Store (and yes I redeemed them before in Brand Central and could use them during Online) I was greeted with the message "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS CAR" and was denied of selecting these cars?!?!?!

s27x2ibgf1y41.jpg

Choosing one of the daily bonus cars (or cars bought with ingame credits) worked just fine, but cars bought with real money does not!? Is this some joke?

So I was really mad, but decided to double check everything concerning the PS4 account settings (there is only my account):
1. I checked to see if the console was set to be primary, and yes, it is.
2. I restored all licenses from the account settings, and there were no problems.

And it still does not give me access to my real money bought cars in Offline mode?

So yeah, I am really angry about this, not only because I am denied of content that I paid for, but also because NOWHERE does it mention that it REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION to use these bought cars in Custom Race, Arcade mode etc. (Yes, I fully read the Product Page of any car from the PSN Store, for reference: GT Sport - Ferrari LaFerrari '13 (playstation.com) ).

To put it simply: You can use cars that you bought with ingame credits in Offline mode, but you can not use cars bought with REAL MONEY in Offline Mode!

So yeah, I apologize if my post is too long and whiny, but it seems to me like a cruel joke on the developers or Sony's part, like they have forgotten to tick a box somewhere in the settings to enable this lol.

I also contacted PSN Support, but they were not helpful, they did not even get my problem and answered with some copy pasta response saying "To refund GT Sport you must have not started the application.. etc", completely went over their head.

So is there something I can do to get access to these cars in Offline mode, and if not, is there a way to contact PD to patch this problem (it will be a REAL problem once the servers are completely shut off when GT7 releases and cars that you bought with real money are left unusable, it would be really helpful if someone here could reach out to PD for these kind of problems that get overlooked and send them feedback) or get my money back for these cars in worst case scenario (because IT IS misleading information on their Product Page for these cars)?

Thank you in advance and stay safe and healthy!

It's just as bed when the servers are updating. Can't use bought cars until the servers are back online. Worst will be when GT7 comes out and PD shut down the GTS servers.
Will bought cars magically be available to use offline? Will players have the option to import bought cars to GT7? Well we even see the same cars in GT7?

Not cool for those of us that purchased cars. I think PD/Sony will just move on to the next game.

Hello dear GTPlanet Community,

I got myself a PS4 Pro a few weeks ago and also bought GT Sport digital from the PSN Store along with some of my favorite cars so I could drive them from the beginning of the game instead of rolling the dice with the daily bonus or grinding money.

I actually have normal Internet connection at home all the time and I can use all of my cars just fine (and the game is up to date etc and also really fun), but next week I am gonna move to the country side to my cousins (but take my PS4 Pro with me so we can play splitscreen during freetime) and stay there for a few months and they do not have an Internet Connection there.

I thought this would be fine because GT Sport is also really fun together offline doing custom races 2 player splitscreen and I bought around 35 cars from the PSN store so we have a nice racing lineup and I also unlocked a few more cars with the daily bonus.

So yesterday I unplugged my ethernet cable from my console and started GT Sport to check if every offline mode works like promised (mainly custom race and splitscreen) and I was delighted to see that it works, sure the game does not save and you can not buy new cars, but that does not bother me because I already bought the favorites from the PSN Store I thought....

BUT

then when I had to choose my car and I wanted to choose one of the real money bought cars from the PSN Store (and yes I redeemed them before in Brand Central and could use them during Online) I was greeted with the message "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THIS CAR" and was denied of selecting these cars?!?!?!

View attachment 996000

Choosing one of the daily bonus cars (or cars bought with ingame credits) worked just fine, but cars bought with real money does not!? Is this some joke?

So I was really mad, but decided to double check everything concerning the PS4 account settings (there is only my account):
1. I checked to see if the console was set to be primary, and yes, it is.
2. I restored all licenses from the account settings, and there were no problems.

And it still does not give me access to my real money bought cars in Offline mode?

So yeah, I am really angry about this, not only because I am denied of content that I paid for, but also because NOWHERE does it mention that it REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION to use these bought cars in Custom Race, Arcade mode etc. (Yes, I fully read the Product Page of any car from the PSN Store, for reference: GT Sport - Ferrari LaFerrari '13 (playstation.com) ).

To put it simply: You can use cars that you bought with ingame credits in Offline mode, but you can not use cars bought with REAL MONEY in Offline Mode!

So yeah, I apologize if my post is too long and whiny, but it seems to me like a cruel joke on the developers or Sony's part, like they have forgotten to tick a box somewhere in the settings to enable this lol.

I also contacted PSN Support, but they were not helpful, they did not even get my problem and answered with some copy pasta response saying "To refund GT Sport you must have not started the application.. etc", completely went over their head.

So is there something I can do to get access to these cars in Offline mode, and if not, is there a way to contact PD to patch this problem (it will be a REAL problem once the servers are completely shut off when GT7 releases and cars that you bought with real money are left unusable, it would be really helpful if someone here could reach out to PD for these kind of problems that get overlooked and send them feedback) or get my money back for these cars in worst case scenario (because IT IS misleading information on their Product Page for these cars)?

Thank you in advance and stay safe and healthy!
Hi DoritoPope buying cars at the Playstation store and you can not even use the cars offline is wrong, and I just hope we can use the cars we purchased for GT7.
When I saw your post so I emailed them yesterday, and this what they said

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email about GT Sport.

While I can not talk for the developer since it is their decision and design of their game, but with my understanding of online games, some transactions made with money need to be connected with online servers to take place and such need to be affirmed by those servers that they were purchased and then that allows you to play with them.

Hi DoritoPope buying cars at the Playstation store and you can not even use the cars offline is wrong, and I just hope we can use the cars we purchased for GT7.
When I saw your post so I emailed them yesterday, and this what they said

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email about GT Sport.

While I can not talk for the developer since it is their decision and design of their game, but with my understanding of online games, some transactions made with money need to be connected with online servers to take place and such need to be affirmed by those servers that they were purchased and then that allows you to play with them.

Good effort, the world needs more people like you :cheers:.

On that info I’d assume once they shut down GTS servers all your “paid for” cars will be usable offline like everything else.

Good effort, the world needs more people like you :cheers:.

On that info I’d assume once they shut down GTS servers all your “paid for” cars will be usable offline like everything else.
Thanks my friend :cheers:.
It would be nice to here from the developer now, on what is going to happen with our paid content once GT Sport server shutdown or the paid content can go over to GT7.

Brother i just got soooooo pissed off with exactly the same reason you are and to be honest PS producers have no excuse whatsoever for this mess they made...The only thing giving me some kind of relief is that i found your post and although this whole deal sucks bigtime its "good" to know there's nothing wrong with my console cause in the beginning of it all i was ready to smash the PS into the TV screen..and don't get me wrong bro im so glad i found your post...now lets hope Sony does not write us down on that one place where ink doesn't sink in.....

Back