• 8 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
On starting GT5 I get this:

"Insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x00000000b 226"

Now how can this be right when I have over 170gb left on my PS3? What can I do?

Backup your game data AND make a backup of the whole PS3, then reformat and recover. Are you using an SSD replacement? This happened to me ONCE, then followed the steps in using a SSD. Also, if using a SSD, take the drive out for about 30sec to a minute with PS3 off, then reinsert. Some SSD's have an internal TRIM function that make the drive see only so much free space. You should do this once a month anyhow to keep it running fast.

Another different idea is that there maybe bad sectors on the drive and you need to replace the drive as there isn't a function in the PS3 that works like CHKDSK, where it analyzes free space sectors on the platter and skips them. So if this is the case you might have to replace the drive anyhow, and would be a good time to go to an SSD anyhow. If you do, look into the OCZ vertex series (at least 3 and above, others were crap) or the Corsair GT series. Makes sure you research and make sure you get one without the Sandforce chip.

Check the size of your GT5 save. I guess you're on a newer version than patch 1.06. I forgot the exact size the save corrupts on versions below that but that's the exact error that comes up then. If you're beyond 1.06 or even on 2.13 I believe the max size your save may have before becoming corrupt is around 6,200kb (I read that on NGU, don't quote me on it).

If that's the reason I don't know any fix to be honest. I think the save never shrinks in size, even when you get rid of items/cars. I deleted 1000+ paint chips to be able to receive items again recently and my save lost like 2kb size.

"PS3 Service Menu" and from there do "3. Restore File System" and "4. Rebuild Database".
I had once similar problem, same kind of freeze and problem after that, solved using service menus repair options.
3. selection is totally safe, only fixes possible problems
4. selection is "safe", only con is that it deletes your PSN messages and playlists.

It might be too late for you at this point to save that game, but on next time you know to try first this and then anything else. :)

Guide how to enter service menu below, more information use google.

Furinkazen
On starting GT5 I get this:

"Insufficient free space on Hard Disk Drive (HDD). At least 32MB required. Please exit the game and free up some space. 0x00000000b 226"

Now how can this be right when I have over 170gb left on my PS3? What can I do?

First try this.

1. Make a backup of your save data on a USB flash drive.
2. Delete the GT5 save data (including the backup) off of your PS3.
3. Start GT5 and let it create a new save by starting a new GT Life career, then manually save.
4. Exit GT5, then reload your save data from the USB flash drive.
That should fix it.

If that doesn't fix it, try the following....
Try this.

Do not skip any steps

1. Take usb flash drives and disc out of the ps3 then turn off the ps3
2. PRESS AND HOLD the power button till the ps3 turns on and then off. Then release your finger
3. Then PRESS AND HOLD your finger till you hear the double beep (you will hear the first beep then a second beep then a quick double beep) then release your finger.
4. You will then be prompted to "plug in your controller using a usb cable and Press the ps button. Do that then STOP.
5. You will see a screen with 6 options. You will select OPTION 3 (restore file system) do that then follow the screens after just a couple X clicks then it will start that. Then see if that fixes it if not then we will try a different options on that screen.

Then if you want repeat the steps, but select option 4 (rebuild database).

Instead of writing all that you could have read what has been posted and seen that's all you said has been said by others already, Lock.

Anyway, back on topic, any update Furinkazen?

Tried deleting game data, save data, reloading back up, didn't work. Currently on a brand new game, needing cars (see my "SAVE THE FURI" topic in marketplace) and a little irritated by it.

Furinkazen
Tried deleting game data, save data, reloading back up, didn't work. Currently on a brand new game, needing cars (see my "SAVE THE FURI" topic in marketplace) and a little irritated by it.

Check your PM box in a second. Sent message

Last edited:
Back