Help me improved on Spa-Francorchamp (video inside)

• Thread starter Symtex
  • 26 comments
Canada
Canada
Spa is a nightmare for me. I am missing something to go from a good lap to a great lap. I am currently 315 in the world in the B Class but I am still very far from the #1 (9 sec). So help me out and tell me where I can improved. Don't forget I am playing with a controller (waiting for the wheel).

I just raced your ghost to make things easier, from what I can tell, I bet you could do Eau Rouge without using your brake, just lift. Other than that, you could probably trade some turning ability to speed...maybe. If you want to see what I mean, I'm 168(I think as of post).

Just general mistakes really, missing apexs and not getting on the power early enough, car looks like a bit of a handful on turn in, I'm not sure what car you're using but I would soften the rear anti roll bar a bit, put a tad of camber on the rear and bring the differential down to 25/25 that will also help you carry some more stability through Eau Rouge.

The fact you're not using a clutch will also seriously impede your time compared to those who do.

When going for all out lap time, you have to use the leaderboard car for that track.
If you tried Infineon in FM4 with a B class NSX, even if you were the best player in the world you'd get destroyed by some guy in an Elise.

Also, I noticed at the first turn that you got on the gas, then had to get out of it slightly to make the turn, you shouldn't have to release the gas or even slow down your rate of acceleration on a turn like that.

Watched your first lap and you lost the most time in Les combes and Malmedy, left hander after Rivage and your exit from the chicane was a bit too slow. But i agree with Fezz seems like your car is a bit of a handful on turn in.

You take a descent Raidillon though seeing that your car isn't the best on turn in 👍

Thanks for all your advice. This run was done with an NSX '02. It wasn't so hard to handle, its driving with the controller that make it tricky. Not sure if I can handle playing with the clutch with the controller. Sounds hard. I'll see if I can tune and manage to get a faster car

Thanks for all your advice. This run was done with an NSX '02. It wasn't so hard to handle, its driving with the controller that make it tricky. Not sure if I can handle playing with the clutch with the controller. Sounds hard. I'll see if I can tune and manage to get a faster car
Clutch with controller is easy. Just set clutch to the A button, upshift to B button and downshift to X button. Then its just a case of pressing A & B together for an upshift and A & X together for a downshift. Might feel a bit weird to start with but soon becomes second nature.

Clutch with controller is easy. Just set clutch to the A button, upshift to B button and downshift to X button. Then its just a case of pressing A & B together for an upshift and A & X together for a downshift. Might feel a bit weird to start with but soon becomes second nature.
I tried this way, but It was to weird to me. What I did was switch my clutch the the right joystick, upshift to the left bumper, and downshift to the right bumper. That way when your accelerating you can use your left hand to shift, while not interrupting any throttle sensitivity you may have. Same thing with the down shift. since your braking with the left hand, you press the right bumper to downshift allowing you keep your concentration while braking and not interrupting the “flow” (It was easier for me, I don’t know though, everyone else seems to think this way is weird).

Whats also cool about it, is with the clutch as the right stick it is actually pressure sensitive like an actual clutch pedal. Using this set up, you lose the ability to control your camera with the joystick though. I think the side and rear view changes to the “ABXY” buttons.

this exactly how i have mine set, took about an hour to get use to it.

I just can't do the clutch without the pedals. I just posted a 2:38.947 (137th time) without the clutch. Thanks guys for your advice
It is a bit weird at first, but If your going to be using a pad for a while, I recommend that you push through the struggle and get it down. you can easily shave a few seconds off that.

I just posted a 2:38.947 (137th time)

image.jpg

;)

I just can't do the clutch without the pedals. I just posted a 2:38.947 (137th time) without the clutch. Thanks guys for your advice
Well done symtex. Unfortunately I just spent a little time hotlapping with my wheel for the first time and managed to take a full second off my time. Into the low 36's now. No idea how I'll get anywhere near a 32 though!

Well done symtex. Unfortunately I just spent a little time hotlapping with my wheel for the first time and managed to take a full second off my time. Into the low 36's now. No idea how I'll get anywhere near a 32 though!

Damn you Slim. I don't know how I can do better than 1.38.

Okay Fezz, I downloaded your tune. Think I cut 4 secs off my time to 2:39x, I need to brake later and get in it earlier in a few spots. I now have something to do for the weekend

I've also been converted to the church of Fezz after the tune helped me break in to the top five hundred on Bernese Alps full alt. It seems to be rock solid in drifts.

Have you got any more tunes please? I recall seeing some good times using an Audi RS5 I think.

I believe the NSX tune really comes into it's own when you can start getting on the power super early and use the power slide to manage the rest of the corner, not the fastest way around the track, but fun :)

I've got an Exige B class tune which isn't bad, not as solid as the NSX though, I will work on an RS5 tune, but my 4WD tunes aren't great lol

No worries Fezz, work on the cars you prefer. I may have been mistaken about the car.

Last edited:
Back