Help me put together a lounge CD!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter sn00pie
  • 33 comments
  • 1,514 views

sn00pie

AAAH DON'T PANIC!!!
Staff Emeritus
Messages
12,825
I'm putting together a lounge/very very very slow and mellow trance playlist.

And, being the analy selectively critically picky subject- and rejectively [size=-2](Not words, I know.)[/size] obsessive person that I am, my entire list at the moment consists of:

  • I Don't Know What I Can Save You From - Kings Of Convenience (Röyksopp Remix)
  • Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II (Beatless Remix)
  • Breaking It Down - Miguel Migs
  • You're Not Alone - Olive
  • Elements Of Life - Little Louie Vega featuring Blaze
  • Soul Salsa Soul - St. Germain
  • Coldplay - Clocks (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
  • Dido - Isobel
  • Iio - Rapture
  • Minimalistix - Close Cover
  • Divine Inspiraton - The Way

I keep thinking of songs and adding them to the list only to throw them out of the list again within a day (or less).

So... HELP! That's lounge and very very very slow and mellow trance, everyone!
 
What you call "lounge" and what I think of as "lounge" appear to be very different.

I think of cheezy swingers' music from the 60s and 70s as lounge: anything from Wayne Newton to The Girl From Ipanema. Apparently that's no longer correct.

For a more modern touch, look for tracks from the Beastie Boys' The In Sound From Way Out, which is a truly fabulous set of recordings.
 
Well, even though it's not trance, Incubus - "Aqueous Transmission" is an incredibly mellow song. You should definitely look it up.
 
I would suggest Sabres of Paradise: Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix).

I've got another suggestion - it's the ambient version of Café del Mar, but I can't remember the mix name.
 
I recall Pizzicato five's Playboy playgirl, Saitn germain's Rouse rouge and pont des arts, a song from the FLCL OST 1 called rever's edge, and heavily recommend the zero seven remix of lenny kravitz's if you cant say no. this one is great.

Cano
 
You really need some st-germain on there (as cano said)

I'd also recommend 'aphex twin - flim'

and perhaps 'orbital - beached'

grtz
 
Thanks so far guys, I'll be checking everything out!

Update: I added Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II (Beatless Remix) to the list. I love how this song is actually beatless! I haven't touched my DJ stuff in a while, but this song really makes me want to get back into it and play around a bit! :D
 
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
I would suggest Sabres of Paradise: Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix).

I've got another suggestion - it's the ambient version of Café del Mar, but I can't remember the mix name.

I looked it up, it's the Michael Woods Remix
 
Ian Van Dahl - Lonely
DJ Tiesto - Close to You
Darude - Touch Me, Feel Me
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
Ian Van Dahl - Lonely
DJ Tiesto - Close to You
Darude - Touch Me, Feel Me


Good Song 👍
 
You want a "Lounge" CD? You can't forget "At the River" by Groove Armada.

Also, look into some Deep House....

Miguel Migs
Doc Martin
Erick Morillo
Little Louie Vega
Masters at Work
Blue Six
Mark Farina
 
Listen to some Radiohead and put in whatever you want from them(:
 
Originally posted by rjensen11
Listen to some Radiohead and put in whatever you want from them(:


err... Radiohed ISNT lounge... not anything that is mellow and stuff is lounge...

oh and by the way, Im downloading rite now the new The Orb Album... japanese release. it will be here in america in some time... maybe some songs from that one mite help.

OH!! and I HEAVILY reccomend Chari Chari's (minimal-ambient japanese band) subtropics and Telepopmusik's breathe

Cano
 
Naked Music NYC - Reconstructed Soul (album)

Dunno if it's what you're looking for but I really like it!

/D
 
Thaks guys, I haven't had time to listen to all of your suggestions but here's the rundown so far:

St. Germain was a little bit dissapointing, I'm having trouble explaining exactly why I don't like it but basically it's just too musical and exotic. However I am enjoying a song called Soul Salsa Soul, I'm a sucker for spanish influences!

Ian Van Dahl - Lonely
DJ Tiesto - Close to You
Darude - Touch Me, Feel Me
Nice songs, but a bit too quick. (120 - 135BPM...)

At the moment I'm randomly checking out music and browsing through my existing collection.

Added so far:
  • Breaking It Down - Miguel Migs
  • Olive - You're Not Alone
  • Elements Of Life - Little Louie Vega featuring Blaze
  • Soul Salsa Soul - St. Germain
 
try the zero 7 remix of lenny kravitz's if you cant say no. that one mite enter... and yeah, soul salsa soul is cool.

Cano
 
wonderwall and Champagne Supernova by oasis
 
would mellow bjork work? if so i can suggest some really good stuff.
 
Blindspott - Phlex, not sure if thats what you're looking or, but its pretty mellow, and just contains (guitar) strumming, (guitar) picking, drums and a voice.

Nothing Metallica about it though..
 
If you like trance,and you want a good CD to chill with.Then heres a nice little list for you:D
(Trance Mix USA CD)
1:Kaycee:Escape
2:Mellow Traax: Outa Space
3:Lost Witness:Red Sun Rising
4:Mauro Picotto:Komodo
5:Blank & Jones:Nightfly

(Hackers soundtrack CDs):
Hackers(original)
1: Orginal Bedroom Rockers:Hruder & Oorfmeister
2:The Joker:Josh Abrahams
3:Halcyon & On & On: Orbital
4:Heaven Knows Squeeze

Hackers 2
1:Remember:BT
2:Go:Moby
3:Cherry Pie:Underworld
4: Original:Leftfield

Hackers 3
1:Godspeed:BT
2:Quite Then:Cloak
3:An Fhomhair: Orbital

(The Cryatal Method-Vegas)
The Hole CD is great chill music

(The Cheamical Brothers-Surrender)
1: Out Of Control
2: Orange Wedge
3:Lets Forever Be
4:The Sunshine Underground
5:Asleep From Day
6:Surrender

(MTV Amp-Vol2)
1:Jungle Brothers:Jungle Brothers
2:War:Chuck D
3:Circles:Adam F

(Logic Trance-Vol4)
1:The Sound Of Nature:Mario Lopez
2:Tonetwister:Triple Concept
3: Dreaming:BT

(Urbal Beats-Vol3)
1:Universal Magnetic:Mos Def
2:M5000: DJ Icey
3:Style: Orbital
4:Be There:Unkel ft. Ian Brown



And Heres a few good Site you might want to cheak out,and mabey download a few demos before you go running of to kazza,or WinMX
1 2 3
 
Originally posted by Cano
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
rotfl.gif
:lol:
 
yep, bjork has some damn good stuff. i am fairly new to some of it, so i will get back to you with a list. im serious though, its much better than the shlt these other people are posting, hahahahaha!!
 
i'm serious though, its much better than the shlt these other people are posting, hahahahaha!!


Have you seen my list,and besides Bjork isen't trace,trance is what they play at raves.
 
Originally posted by made in holland
Trust me. You will like it.

In fact, I do. But it doesn't quite fit the description of "lounge". Thanks anyway, M.

Originally posted by advanR
yep, bjork has some damn good stuff. i am fairly new to some of it, so i will get back to you with a list. im serious though, its much better than the shlt these other people are posting, hahahahaha!!

Bjork is sort of okay, but I'm not a fan of her voice.

Added so far...

  • Coldplay - Clocks (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
  • Dido - Isobel
  • Iio - Rapture
  • Minimalistix - Close Cover
  • Divine Inspiraton - The Way
 
Originally posted by sn00pie
  • Minimalistix - Close Cover
  • Divine Inspiraton - The Way

Snoopie, which mixes of those tracks? I've got them both, and they're not exactly fitting the brief in Radio Edit or Original 12" forms...
 
Back