Help! My DeltaWing Disappointment is over 9000~!!!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jayson619
  • 29 comments
  • 1,651 views
Messages
262
Singapore
Singapore
Messages
Jayson619
I had high hopes for this car but now I'm not so sure. Four races in the 24 Minutes of Le Mans and yet I finished a terrible last all the way despite several setups to suspensions and transmission but with its power maxed out at about 440HP it doesn't even convinced me at all that this car is considered a Le Mans qualified car at all!

But still I'd give it another chance but not now. Has anyone here actually won the 24 Minutes of Le Mans with the DeltaWing? If you have pls tell me how?

Many thks in advance!
 
I have, I think I just added some HP and that that was it
 
I have, I think I just added some HP and that that was it
Same here; I even changed the oil(!) but no use. It just speeds up effortlessly while the rest just pulls away and away and away.....then I got overtaken by a 1st place Bentley.
 
Last edited:
Same here; I even changed the oil(!) but no use. It just speeds up effortlessly while the rest just pulls away and away and away.....then I got overtaken by a 1st place Bentley.
I was slower than the pack, I had to run a perfect race but won on strategy, I was also using the new deltawing, not sure which one you are using
 
I had high hopes for this car but now I'm not so sure. Four races in the 24 Minutes of Le Mans and yet I finished a terrible last all the way despite several setups to suspensions and transmission but with its power maxed out at about 440HP it doesn't even convinced me at all that this car is considered a Le Mans qualified car at all!

But still I'd give it another chance but not now. Has anyone here actually won the 24 Minutes of Le Mans with the DeltaWing? If you have pls tell me how?

Many thks in advance!

Mind you that Le Mans is not only about top speeds, but also fuel and tire consumption. This car has very low drag for a race car the fuel consumption would be very low, what is a great advantage in Le Mans.

However, in GT6 the race is not long enough for you to take advantage of that and the fuel consumption model of GT6 is pretty bad too.

This info is kind of useless to your problem, but just wanted to tell why this car may actually be good at the real Le Mans.
 
Mind you that Le Mans is not only about top speeds, but also fuel and tire consumption. This car has very low drag for a race car the fuel consumption would be very low, what is a great advantage in Le Mans.

However, in GT6 the race is not long enough for you to take advantage of that and the fuel consumption model of GT6 is pretty bad too.

This info is kind of useless to your problem, but just wanted to tell why this car may actually be good at the real Le Mans.
Yeah, just two laps at Circuit de la Sarthe (roughly 6 minutes) and we're down to about less than 30% left.....

After reading your post I felt like an idiot and eventually sold off the car. I then went back to my 15th Anniversary Audi R18 TDI and win instead; like I did with my first win.
 
Yes I won the 24 min in Spa, Nurb, and Sarthe using the Deltawing '13. The Deltawing shines in cornering and endurance. Use its strengths to your advantage. I used intermediate tires and only pitted for fuel.
 
Until things are sorted out; the way I see this 24 minutes race is focused on 76% power, 20% tactics and 4% luck. Been hearing the R18 is damn slow in another thread but I won my first Endurance with it and pushing all the way with Racing Hard tires. Then earlier this evening the Peugeot 908 had made my run easy.
 
I was slower than the pack, I had to run a perfect race but won on strategy, I was also using the new deltawing, not sure which one you are using
I was using the black Nissan version.
 
I was using the black Nissan version.
I have both. Chrome one has better acceleration and higher HP. The Black one has better handling and higher top speed up to 450kph in draft. Keep in mind that installing turbo upgrades makes them a lot harder to turn, consumes fuel faster and deteriorates their tires faster. Example of this is I didn't even pit for fuel and tires for 24min in Nurb using the '12 version because I limit the power (because its a 650pp event) and didn't have turbo. I was in lead way before the long straight in lap 1. I finished the event with half fuel remaining and intermediate tires in only at 9. That's 3 laps, I think it can go up to 7 laps in Nurb before you pit if you control the acceleration. Deltawing is one of the most underrated cars in the game but for me the best car (most fun) i ever used in a videogame. Give it a chance. Know its true nature, master it.
 
Last edited:
Hi ULTRAVIOLENZZ,

Do you mind sharing the setting for 24 min Le Mans? I'm OK with it on the dry, but on wet, it's stability under braking is so poor (with the setting for dry). It can barely take any brake in a tiny bit of steering angle, swap ends easily.

Some braking zones are inevitably in the bends, and probably no dead straight before them. What to do? Thanks in advance. :)
 
@ULTRAVIOLENZZ

At least you helped with a tune to someone whereas another just dismissed me off...losers....
 
My Chrome is one minute behaving like an F1 car the next like a MR with comforts in the rear :(

Bring back the full real time races!!!
 
I had high hopes for this car but now I'm not so sure. Four races in the 24 Minutes of Le Mans and yet I finished a terrible last all the way despite several setups to suspensions and transmission but with its power maxed out at about 440HP it doesn't even convinced me at all that this car is considered a Le Mans qualified car at all!

But still I'd give it another chance but not now. Has anyone here actually won the 24 Minutes of Le Mans with the DeltaWing? If you have pls tell me how?

Many thks in advance!

Its actually running as a P2 equivalent car in the American series. I suggest buying a classic prototype like the Mercedes C9, much faster.
 
Its actually running as a P2 equivalent car in the American series. I suggest buying a classic prototype like the Mercedes C9, much faster.
Got me a Peugeot 908 and won 8 times with it.

Then someone told me I can earn more cash playing the Red Bull X2014 Standard Race over and over again.

FML....
 
While the set-up I have for my '13 DeltaWing is secret, I will recommend tuning the suspension for slightly exaggerated understeer, set the brake balance to have more in the front, and add plenty of downforce at the rear (You can't do anything at the front).
 
While the set-up I have for my '13 DeltaWing is secret, I will recommend tuning the suspension for slightly exaggerated understeer, set the brake balance to have more in the front, and add plenty of downforce at the rear (You can't do anything at the front).
Did just that before I even start this thread....I tried almost everything (except Transmission) I can think of....

Then I just blast through with a Peugeot 908 by simply setting the slider to 420km/h and nothing else.

I'm pretty much done with the DeltaWing at this point. For now I'll just use whatever spare millions I have, buy the two cars and forget about them. Not sure if I'll ever touch them again.
 
Give up so soon? Did you read the post I mentioned in #15?
 
I won the 24hm La Sarthe with the black DeltaWing. Just oil change, RS tires and nothing else at all. No tuning. I MIGHT have messed with the gearbox a bit so I don't hit the rev limiter while drafting. ABS 1 was the only driving aid.
 
Back